Scottish player transfers - Page 214 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

20 hours ago, Andy C said:

Scott Banks to St Pauli.  Would be good if it happens, I'm sure, certainly better for any hopes of international football than the previous levels he was loaned out to.  No disrespect intended.

Now a done deal. Signs new contract at Palace and joins St Pauli on loan for a season 

On 8/9/2023 at 9:35 AM, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Jacob Brown to Luton, supposedly

Now confirmed.

Interestingly, whilst the Luton manager has acknowledged his versatility and how much he's been played out wide, he's said he very much seems him as a striker.

Edited by csinclair

29 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Now confirmed.

Interestingly, whilst the Luton manager has acknowledged his versatility and how much he's been played out wide, he's said he very much seems him as a striker.

It still feels like I can barely picture him playing football. He scores on a semi-regular basis and is apparently quite creative. It's pretty odd that we've barely seen him for Scotland. 

If he gets a game for Luton in the EPL then he'll cement his place in the squad for the Euros, you'd think. Which might take away a slot for Doak.

44 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

It still feels like I can barely picture him playing football. He scores on a semi-regular basis and is apparently quite creative. It's pretty odd that we've barely seen him for Scotland. 

If he gets a game for Luton in the EPL then he'll cement his place in the squad for the Euros, you'd think. Which might take away a slot for Doak.

There's been a handful of games where Che has looked a bit knackered after 70/75 mins but Clarke will wait until there's only a few minutes to go to bring Brown on which I've never really understood.
Stoke fans seem gutted to see him go and have praised his engine and hard work.

10 minutes ago, csinclair said:

There's been a handful of games where Che has looked a bit knackered after 70/75 mins but Clarke will wait until there's only a few minutes to go to bring Brown on which I've never really understood.
Stoke fans seem gutted to see him go and have praised his engine and hard work.

It makes you think that Clarke doesn't fully trust him or rate him that highly. But he must have something about him to be getting signed for an EPL team and keep getting called up.

I would have thought he'd be one of the first names on the chopping block when it came to making space for the next prodigy. Kenny McLean would have been another one, but he's earned himself some time. 

I think the Euros squad is going to be an even tougher task to pick this time round. 

4 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Now a done deal. Signs new contract at Palace and joins St Pauli on loan for a season 

That's even better, I reckon.  Bild initially said it was a permanent deal, unless my German is even worse than I thought!  Great opportunity for the boy.

5 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Just saw Jacob Brown will be playing premier league football this season. Yikes. 

Jeez, there seems to be a collective downer on this poor lad.  Maybe he's shit, I don't know but if Steve Clarke thinks he's worthy of inclusion in the squad that's fine by me.  I'd love for him to come on as a late sub and score the goal that effectively qualifies us. 

Or any player for that matter  😁

25 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Mccallan Queens Park, Brighton in talks and Arsenal and Southampton interested also. 

I love a McCallan but his names McKenna. First name Callan. Very unusual but promising to have a first choice 16 year old keeper even in Scottish championship 

55 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

I love a McCallan but his names McKenna. First name Callan. Very unusual but promising to have a first choice 16 year old keeper even in Scottish championship 

First team goalkeeper at 16 is impressive. Very few keepers play any kind of pro level at 16. Maybe its best he gets a season playing in the Scottish championship before moving. 

49 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I reckon that would be a good move for him. Chance for him to kick start his career and play in europe as well. I think he would do well there if he can regain his Bournemouth form.

It would be a good move for him and Celtic. He could see out his career with quite a few domestic medals, possibly get back into Clarkes good books and Celtic get a player would tear up the SPFL................................if he stops being a sulky wee shit 🤣

42 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Loads of talk on Twitter that Arsenal and Newcastle are locked in talks tonight about Tierney, but the gunners want a permanent transfer, over the Geordies loan deal

Anyone know how Newcastle set up? If he goes would he be going as a left back in a back 4? A wing back? Left centre back of a back 3? Would he def be first choice? 

Quick look to see how Mark leonard has stepped up to League 1 in the first couple of games on loan at Northampton, was excellent last year and apparently despite Northamptons bad start looks a class above the division, fans mentioned that they are surprised they got him back on loan from Brighton.