Scottish player transfers - Page 213 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

3 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Yeh great options & you forgot Calvin Ramsay😉Of the guys you mentioned the great thing only perhaps Ralston has reached him maximum level the others are all kids who could grow to be seriously top class players. 

Knew I’d forgotten one 😅

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We'd need to pay £200k compo so can't see it happening. 

So where does that leave Ure? Can't sign for a Scottish club so presumably has to try England? Didn't Rangers not renew his contract, so I don't understand why we should be due compo 

24 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

So where does that leave Ure? Can't sign for a Scottish club so presumably has to try England? Didn't Rangers not renew his contract, so I don't understand why we should be due compo 

He was offered a new deal which, if the papers are to be believed, was less money than he was already on.
Could try England or somewhere else abroad, just not the Netherlands unless he's offered 3k a week due to a Dutch FA rule on non-EU players

46 minutes ago, csinclair said:

He was offered a new deal which, if the papers are to be believed, was less money than he was already on.
Could try England or somewhere else abroad, just not the Netherlands unless he's offered 3k a week due to a Dutch FA rule on non-EU players

They can't offer less money than he was on. I believe they offered terms knowing full well he wasn't wanting to sign. 

Rangers offered him a new deal which he rejected, so that they were still entitled to compo. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They can't offer less money than he was on. I believe they offered terms knowing full well he wasn't wanting to sign. 

Rangers offered him a new deal which he rejected, so that they were still entitled to compo. 

Thanks for the explanation. Although Ure was surplus to requirements and deemed by most to be 'not up to Rangers standards' (whatever that means nowadays!), he would be a useful acquisition for some SPFL clubs.

12 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

30 million bid by West Ham for Mctominay according to Sky.

Won't let him go for that.

Yeah looks like it was rejected fairly swiftly and looking at some of the fees other players have been going for I'd say rightly so. 

On 8/7/2023 at 6:51 PM, Hertsscot said:

Thanks for the explanation. Although Ure was surplus to requirements and deemed by most to be 'not up to Rangers standards' (whatever that means nowadays!), he would be a useful acquisition for some SPFL clubs.

Sorry mate but I don't how you can be sure he would be a useful acquisition for anyone SPL level, the lad is 19 & has 2 senior football appearances to his name. The fact AZ Alkmaar apparently wanted to sign him sounds promising but there's absolutely no guarantees as of yet that he will make it at senior level.

1 hour ago, theabsentee said:

Sorry mate but I don't how you can be sure he would be a useful acquisition for anyone SPL level, the lad is 19 & has 2 senior football appearances to his name. The fact AZ Alkmaar apparently wanted to sign him sounds promising but there's absolutely no guarantees as of yet that he will make it at senior level.

Absolutely no guarantees and I'm certainly not saying he would step into anyone's first team but I have seen him play a several games both for the national team and for Rangers u-19.

Edited by Hertsscot

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Absolutely no guarantees and I'm certainly not saying he would step into anyone's first team but I have seen him play a several games both for the national team and for Rangers u-19.

Okay fair enough, I've only seen a few minutes of him but thought he didn't look the best technically though I hope I'm. wrong. 

8 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Okay fair enough, I've only seen a few minutes of him but thought he didn't look the best technically though I hope I'm. wrong. 

You're not wrong with your comment about technical ability but that might be said about one or two strikers in the top flight : )

Edited by Hertsscot

Scott Banks to St Pauli.  Would be good if it happens, I'm sure, certainly better for any hopes of international football than the previous levels he was loaned out to.  No disrespect intended.

Edited by Andy C

11 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Is campbell not more of a defensive midfielder anyways. Barkleys an attacking midfielder.

Also Barkley has got an awful injury record. 

However given that campbell wasn't first choice towards the end of last season, I suspect he won't be seeing much action this season.