Scottish Cup Final - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final

27 minutes ago, Parklife said:

So Celtic got humped off PSG because their coach isn't clever enough? 

You still won't answer me on mcleish.  Are you so bitter kid?  You only answer questions where you want to be a smart arse.  Answer a genuine question for once. Or show your true colours.

Just beginning to sober up after yesterday's shenanigans. 🤣

Fabulous goal again from Calum McGregor, we really should have been out of sight by half time. I thought Motherwell reverted to type again in the second half, kicking everything that moved. That said Lustig is an absolute embarrassment of a human being. He and Shay Logan really are the biggest bitch boys in Scottish football! 

44 minutes ago, Parklife said:

So Celtic got humped off PSG because their coach isn't clever enough? 

The European analogy doesn't work in this instance. We are a team that plays a modern game, when we get into Europe and play PSG, they are a much better side than us but at least we try and play and it worked a couple of times in Europe in season and thats something to be proud of.

All I'm trying to say is that when you're resources are much less than your opponents then you've to be creative in how you approach the game, be that through recruitment and most importantly coaching. We've no innovative coaches in the SPFL, none at all and there isn't one Scottish coach/manager that you would say is at the forefront of modern football in any way. If a team wanted to compete with Celtic over a season, the best way to do that is to implement a modern passing, possession and pressing style, that gives you the best opportunity to win a match. I accept you need intelligent footballers to be able to take on those instructions and thats where a good coach and manager comes into their own, something we severely lack.

It's easy to blame the gap in resources, a few managers have referenced it recently and I'd imagine more will next season, but all it does is disguise their deficiencies and limitations as managers, but thats not unique, almost all Scottish managers are limited at this stage, none of them will reach the top. The next generation might be different, but I don't hold out much hope.

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You still won't answer me on mcleish.  Are you so bitter kid?  You only answer questions where you want to be a smart arse.  Answer a genuine question for once. Or show your true colours.

Wtf are you havering about, you lunatic? :lol: 

1 hour ago, Mox said:

The European analogy doesn't work in this instance. 

There's a surprise. 

Just now, Rolling hIlls said:

Yeh. Done nothing in game and no respect from anyone. Lalala.

Respect and what he has done in the game weren't part of the question i answered though.

You have to keep your points coherent and relative to what has been said.

4 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Get over it son.  I could go on about the Hibs board not allowing a protestant on it until the 1950's.  But whats the point?  We move on. Move on kid.

Did i upset u with truth about the hibs? Sorry if u never knew this. We all have flaws pal. Get over it.

Just now, phart said:

In the context of taking over Ranger's for his first managerial job, yeah i think it was foolhardy.

That is your foolhardy though. But game is about opinions. I bet gerard has been told this before in his career. But took the challenge anyway. I think he is brave. And time will tell. Fortune favours the brave. And he has been successful in his life. I will trust in him. If it doesnt work out hey ho. But in my opinion it will be better than not trying in the first place. Good job you are not his agent! ☺

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

That is your foolhardy though. But game is about opinions. I bet gerard has been told this before in his career. But took the challenge anyway. I think he is brave. And time will tell. Fortune favours the brave. And he has been successful in his life. I will trust in him. If it doesnt work out hey ho. But in my opinion it will be better than not trying in the first place. Good job you are not his agent! ☺

He's been told before it was a bad idea to sign as ranger's manager?

Or just been told before he is being foolhardy? It's irrelevant what he has been told before as it's a new situation.

We can come back in a year and see who had it right.

4 minutes ago, phart said:

He's been told before it was a bad idea to sign as ranger's manager?

Or just been told before he is being foolhardy? It's irrelevant what he has been told before as it's a new situation.

We can come back in a year and see who had it right.

Correct ma pal. Only a fool tests the depth of the water with two feet! But if u dont take the chance u will never know. I honestly think gerard is a clever guy and wouldnt jump in to a situation that will be too detrimental to his career. But again we need to wait and see. Bet u £20 we win a trophy next season under gerard. For charity. Yon scotty boy is turning this site in to bet 365. Lol.

20 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Insult you?  You do that yourself ya rocket 

No answer on hibs board then. U and parkie should go oot together. Sling a load of insults "rocket". And cant answer ehen a simple question is put to you. So i will try one last time. Did the hibs let a protestant on their board before the 1950's? Its a simple question and u can fone a friend or google. But u and i know u wont answer as the truth hurts and u cant face that. Same as parkie who cant answer a simple question about mcleish. Ach well. The night is young.

5 hours ago, slasher said:

Just beginning to sober up after yesterday's shenanigans. 🤣

Fabulous goal again from Calum McGregor, we really should have been out of sight by half time. I thought Motherwell reverted to type again in the second half, kicking everything that moved. That said Lustig is an absolute embarrassment of a human being. He and Shay Logan really are the biggest bitch boys in Scottish football! 

Well done on the double treble thingy :ok:

The latter has absolutely made a bigger cunt of your club than the former - Incredible really, given Lustig is the former :wave:

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Still not a football answer on mcleish. Unless u are arguing or being a smert erse u have nothing to say.

An answer to what? :lol: 

2 hours ago, Redz said:

The latter has absolutely made a bigger cunt of your club than the former - Incredible really, given Lustig is the former :wave:

I'm not really sure what you mean by that, but whatever 😏

4 hours ago, Redz said:

It makes a pleasant change from your paedo rant the other night at least 👍