RED ALERT....RED ALERT....RED ALERT.... - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

RED ALERT....RED ALERT....RED ALERT....

3 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Yup, blatantly obvious he wasn’t get hit but still screamed “No, no, no no!!” like a complete twat 😏

I don’t think the guy with dashcam was thinkin he was gonna get hit I think the oh my god was about The car on the same side as the bus and thinking the poor sod in that car is gonnae get killed n there’s fuck all I can do to help them 

13 minutes ago, jcs said:

I don’t think the guy with dashcam was thinkin he was gonna get hit I think the oh my god was about The car on the same side as the bus and thinking the poor sod in that car is gonnae get killed n there’s fuck all I can do to help them 

Aye but it was AFTER once the bus was past the mini and clearly not going to hit him he’s still overreacting I felt. 

As bad as that terrible “Oh my God, trampoline, trampoline!” clip from a few years ago 😩

Edit to say the bus driver did exceptionally well! 👍🏼

Edited by McTeeko

14 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Aye but it was AFTER once the bus was past the mini and clearly not going to hit him he’s still overreacting I felt. 

As bad as that terrible “Oh my God, trampoline, trampoline!” clip from a few years ago 😩

Not saying your wrong  just my opinion,the bus driver deserves a lot of credit could have been a bad 1 

Edited by jcs

22 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Of course but his body just dumped a shit load of epinephrine into his system, it just doesn't clear straight away. epinephrine produces hormonal fear and takes time to clear.

12 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Sounds like the same guy!

1st time I’ve seen that I think it’s a wee bit different from watching a bus headin straight for a car,   trampoline, trampoline oh my god what a tosser 😂

Just seen a video of the crash on the M62 it is unbelievable, fuck knows why folk are driving like that in those conditions!!! Even presuming it’s some sort of time lapse camera....

(keep watching, it fills up the screen like Tetris!)

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Just seen a video of the crash on the M62 it is unbelievable, fuck knows why folk are driving like that in those conditions!!! Even presuming it’s some sort of time lapse camera....

This is in the USA. Also appears to be sped up. Still terrible driving though. 

29 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Fake. News.

anyways, day 3 of the disruption.

I've not had any fresh snowfall in approx 36hrs. The current issue is the strong winds blowing the snow about.

I was driving along a perfectly clear road only to round the corner onto an exposed bit and a 1m snow drift.

7 minutes ago, Big Col said:

anyways, day 3 of the disruption.

I've not had any fresh snowfall in approx 36hrs. The current issue is the strong winds blowing the snow about.

I was driving along a perfectly clear road only to round the corner onto an exposed bit and a 1m snow drift.

Just make sure you cover your bits up.

It's cold out there !

:)

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Why are they driving on the right?

EDIT: I see that's already been answered.

Edited by phart

Trip up to Stirling this morning to collect my boy as he couldn't get a train.  Skoosh of a journey.  I was expecting at least some snow on the road in places but virtually nothing except a wee bit of drifting in exposed areas.  The guys clearing the roads have done an excellent job and done it very quickly.

I have to ask though:  In days of old trains used to just blooter their way through snow.  How come nowadays they get cancelled for days?  Can modern trains not run on snow the way they used to in the days of steam?

13 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Trip up to Stirling this morning to collect my boy as he couldn't get a train.  Skoosh of a journey.  I was expecting at least some snow on the road in places but virtually nothing except a wee bit of drifting in exposed areas.  The guys clearing the roads have done an excellent job and done it very quickly.

I have to ask though:  In days of old trains used to just blooter their way through snow.  How come nowadays they get cancelled for days?  Can modern trains not run on snow the way they used to in the days of steam?

Glad to see the trunk roads getting better.  However, I live less than 2 miles from 3 different junctions of the M80 and can't get out of my drive!

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

We have just become Phart-ised as a nation. :P

52 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

Glad to see the trunk roads getting better.  However, I live less than 2 miles from 3 different junctions of the M80 and can't get out of my drive!

This seems to be the problem now, getting to the main road.

In some cases as ploughing the main roads has created a wall of that weird black snow/grit/slush stuff that’s impossible to drive through and doesn’t melt.

:lol:

If it wasn’t almost completely flat from my house to the main road, I’d have been stuck this morning, instead I made it to work to find there wasn’t really much to do.

As much as I can see it looks a bit pathetic how badly prepared we (as a country) were for this weather, when it was forecast, it would be a bit frivolous to spunk tens of millions on the necessary tools for something that happens once every 8 years.

52 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

This seems to be the problem now, getting to the main road.

In some cases as ploughing the main roads has created a wall of that weird black snow/grit/slush stuff that’s impossible to drive through and doesn’t melt.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

As much as I can see it looks a bit pathetic how badly prepared we (as a country) were for this weather, when it was forecast, it would be a bit frivolous to spunk tens of millions on the necessary tools for something that happens once every 8 years.

True

Much better to spunk tens of BILLIONS for something that happens.....never

4 hours ago, Mindimoo said:

Save it for your boss, nobody on here is going to believe you.;)

Do you not have a shovel?:lol: