Question Time Tonight - Page 39 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

I'm struggling to understand what her parents did 30 years ago has to do with Sturgeons politics now.

Although of course - and this is not a point Shapps would want to be made - it does remind us that Nicola doesn't come from the same privileged out of touch background as the Old Etonians who run his party and run the country.

Edited by Hertsscot

Thought Robertson was terrible on the NHS. Clearly did not know his numbers which is ridiculous.

He's probably a bit detached from it being in Westminster all these years.

He's definitely the best the SNP have when it comes to discussing defence / foreign affairs...

I've always found Robertson to be a bit underwhelming to be honest but he seems to be influential and effective behind the scenes. That said, I think it's probably just what others have said: the Westminster MPs are possibly not as clued up on devolved figures as the Scottish MSPs are (and vice versa, Scottish MSPs not being as clued up on defence and foreign affairs). Given the split responsibilities, I don't think that's a major problem but it's something they probably want to keep an eye. Won't do SNP much good having 30+ MPs who appear ignorant to devolved figures, etc.

Guess this is also a by-product of the SNP having a much greater presence and profile on political platforms these days. Going to have to get used to more public scrutiny and questioning.

Desperation by Shapps trying to Shoehorn in the "Nicola's parents bought their cooncil hoose". Angus wouldnae let him get a word in.

I noticed HSapps, trying to insinuate that Sturgeon took advantage of it, he said something like she bought her home, er dont think so - how old was she then?

he looked a smug furker there, he wrote it down, showed it to Dimbleby then tried to but in to Roberston. Funnily enough, it came up on twitter by Shredded Wheat head Andrew Neil during the debate earlier that night. MSM and Westminster parties working in tandem.

Woman in the audience thinks the SNP are a single issue party -

A - it's sad how much you have been brainwashed

B- This is a single issue candidate

On tHis week, yet again the idea of the Scottish tail wagging the British dog coming up again

I don't recall this particular creature being the model for the UK last year.

"Please stay, as our beloved tail, but only we're allowed to do the wagging"