Brown and Armstrong out? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Brown and Armstrong out?

Marky

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive loss for such cruicial games. Fletcher likely to replace Brown as captain and experience in the middle. Big ask for McGregor to step in but this could be his chance to ensure he's called up every time? 

Definitely Jeck - someone bubble wrap Griffiths! 

Before he retired and immediately after, I don't think he had his finest hours for the national team. Now that he is back to form - and we must give him the benefit of doubt over niggling injuries etc - it is just bloody bad luck to lose him now!! I am a fan of Scott Brown so was just wondering at the time about his fitness. His demeanour was not right, he seemed unwilling to go forwards. I am not sure how terrific he had been for Celtic over the same period....yes I know he is now!!

I know these are massive games and no time to experiment, but how about John McGinn?? He could play that role, get in between their midfield breaking things up and start the ball rolling for out attacks. Pretty much the Scott Brown role. If anything the ball would be quicker from back to front.

Yes - It will probably be Fletcher though??

Darren Fletcher will have to play his best game in a Scotland shirt if we're to come through this.  Thing is though there's still one game to get through for everyone - don't know who's going to be available next week. 

Wildcard entry - john fleck :ph34r:(Sheffield Utd fans rave about him and seemingly had Barry Bannan in his pocket on Sunday) again though I'll just leave this thing here - :ph34r:

Morrison and Fletcher, both done. Others in squad, bannan and mcginn, who he constantly putting in squads. That's the problem with being a wee fud, if you put folk in squads just to get it up folk who say others should be in ahead. One day you might have to use them, and it might be in your biggest game

Acch well - look on the bright side, at least Brown won't be suspended for Slovenia due to a daft booking v Slovakia.

McGregor straight into the team as direct replacement for Armstrong please WGS.

Darren Fletcher for Brown seems logical.

Edited by Barney Rubble

I think Fletcher will be ok to step in for Brown, while he is not Scott Brown we need his experience and I think he is playing decent at the Moment. 

As for Armstrong, has to be MacGregor, he will have his celtic mates around him (forrest, griffiths, Gordon, Tierney) and I think he can step up. Otherwise who is there? Cairney would be a shout if he was not injured or even Burke if he was playing. Also wonder what would have happened if Gould has not got injured?

Lets just get behind the lads, we have all been here before. It is still in our hands, i just hope they keep Brown in the camp for influence. 

29 minutes ago, jamboman said:

I think Fletcher will be ok to step in for Brown, while he is not Scott Brown we need his experience and I think he is playing decent at the Moment. 

As for Armstrong, has to be MacGregor, he will have his celtic mates around him (forrest, griffiths, Gordon, Tierney) and I think he can step up. Otherwise who is there? Cairney would be a shout if he was not injured or even Burke if he was playing. Also wonder what would have happened if Gould has not got injured?

Lets just get behind the lads, we have all been here before. It is still in our hands, i just hope they keep Brown in the camp for influence. 

The only reason Burke isn't playing is because he's injured too

I suspect Strachan will plump for Snodgrass as number 10. No way he'll call up and start McGregor - that'd be way too unstubborn

30 minutes ago, Rude Gullit said:

The only reason Burke isn't playing is because he's injured too

I suspect Strachan will plump for Snodgrass as number 10. No way he'll call up and start McGregor - that'd be way too unstubborn

Was he not named in the U-21 squad ?