Champions League - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Champions League

On Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 9:20 PM, dan cake said:

21 shots on goal in the first hour of the Munich/Real game, this season's champs league has been outstanding . 2-1 to Madrid with 20 mins to go

Another cracker tonight, on a knife edge...

23 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Another cracker tonight, on a knife edge...

Bayern were on top for majority of game, combination of poor finishing, bad luck and that absolute shambles for the 2nd Benzema goal.

:shocked:

Bayern were better team over the 2 legs, Real Madrid will feel their name is on the trophy (we’ll it is loads of times, but you know what I mean).

On a side note, the bookies have the champions league trophy to be wearing claret and Amber ribbons only marginally less likely than the Scottish cup.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

On a side note, the bookies have the champions league trophy to be wearing claret and Amber ribbons only marginally less likely than the Scottish cup.

Motherwell are almost the same odds to win the Champions League as the Scottish Cup? ;) 

31 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Motherwell are almost the same odds to win the Champions League as the Scottish Cup? ;) 

Less likely than Roma to make final, slightly more likely to win though.

Hopefully Roma score 1st and make a game of it.

Does seem inevitable Liverpool will pick them off on the break when they push forward though.

Presumably they won’t play the suicidal high line they played in 1st half at Anfield.

Edited by sbcmfc

I don't think I've wanted a team to win other than Celtic so much as I do Roma tonight. Other than the huns, Liverpool and Real Madrid are two of the teams that i've always had an unhealthy hatred for, Liverpool in particular have managed to get lucky on a few European occasions and remained relevant despite being nothing more than an afterthought in their domestic league for nearly 30 years.

If the nightmare becomes reality and it is a Madrid - Liverpool final , I'll be cheering on Los Blancos for the first and only time in my life. 

Looking good for Liverpool. Magic stuff 😃

Aye Robertson done much then does a great run and cross. (Does what Robertson does really)Should be first scot to play in a champs league final since,who is it again,  Lambert?

Edited by JECK

4 minutes ago, JECK said:

Looking good for Liverpool. Magic stuff 😃

Aye Robertson done much then does a great run and cross. (Does what Robertson does really)Should be first scot to play in a champs league final since,who is it again,  Lambert?

I think Lambert was last to win it. Not sure if others have played? I know Fletcher was suspended for a final (which I believe prompted a rule change?).

3 minutes ago, JECK said:

Yeah I knew Fletcher wasn't one. My guess is lambert 

Think you’re right, Fletcher been an unused sub twice.

I thought Goram might’ve been an unused sub too, but no, was Van der Gouw and Kuszak.

6 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Sympathy penalty at the end. There were three more justified ones before that.

Yeah ref made an arse of the penalty claims

18 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Sympathy penalty at the end. There were three more justified ones before that.

The handball he didn’t give was about as clear as you’ll get.

The one he did give was as soft as they come.