The Flow Of People To Yes - Page 15 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Flow Of People To Yes

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is part of the problem with nuclear power. They haven't planned that far ahead and they haven't costed it. At least if we are independent in is highly unlikely that we will build any new ones in Scotland.

I'd rather we did build a couple but not fussed if we don't.

I just voted there, couldn't keep the grin off my face.

Me - Yes

Wife - Yes

Mum - Yes

Dad - Yes

Brother - Yes

Sister-in-law - No

Mother-In-Law - Yes

Brother-in-Law - Yes

Gran-in-Law - No

Papa-In-Law - No

Not bad I think.

Was out campaigning yesterday and managed to turn about half a dozen undecideds to Yes. The WBB is truly brilliant.

I also know somebody who changed from No to Yes whilst at polling station.

I've been buzzing since they text me that!

I've had a couple. Spent an hour talking to a girl who was 'Better the Devil you know'. She posted on Facebook this morning that her pencil was over No and it didn't feel right. :ok:

I voted Yes. I couldn't bring myself to say no to Scottish freedom. I still think that Salmond's campaign has been a charade and that he's managed somehow to fudge answers to the important questions and get away with it.

I just hope the right decision prevails for Scotland.

Wow, this is from another staunch No'er on my facebook. If a guy like this, today can come across to Yes then we maybe could just do it

"For the majority of the past two years, I've argued the no campaign. Always seen strength in the union. I've got red, white and blue in my blood. But as I got in the lift at work like I do everyday, and it took me up and I looked out over my fair city. And thought to myself, this could all be ours, it is all ours why are we letting our neighbours dictate how much we get to spend on our way of life. It's our money and our country. We may never get another chance like this in our lifetime. We could come to regret not taking that chance. The chance to stand on our own two feet, heads held high like the proud Scots we are. Hope is what's driving the yes campaign, hope that we can go it alone. Hope that we can make Scotland a fairer and more just society. Hope will bring us all together not drive us apart. And it's with hope that I'll vote today ‪#‎voteyes‬ ‪#‎indyref‬"

Wow, this is from another staunch No'er on my facebook. If a guy like this, today can come across to Yes then we maybe could just do it

"For the majority of the past two years, I've argued the no campaign. Always seen strength in the union. I've got red, white and blue in my blood. But as I got in the lift at work like I do everyday, and it took me up and I looked out over my fair city. And thought to myself, this could all be ours, it is all ours why are we letting our neighbours dictate how much we get to spend on our way of life. It's our money and our country. We may never get another chance like this in our lifetime. We could come to regret not taking that chance. The chance to stand on our own two feet, heads held high like the proud Scots we are. Hope is what's driving the yes campaign, hope that we can go it alone. Hope that we can make Scotland a fairer and more just society. Hope will bring us all together not drive us apart. And it's with hope that I'll vote today ‪#‎voteyes‬ ‪#‎indyref‬"

Jesus Christ BBS, I'm going to have to stop reating these posts at work, almost greeting.

J

Seriously? If that is a genuine post from someone who woke up this morning a No voter I really will start to believe we can do this!

As am I, in Edinburgh, but I'm very much in the minority in here. I know of 3 lads voting Yes, funnily enough all of whom are SSC members. Vast majority round about me are definitely No.

Our office is pretty big, got contact centre, IT, acturies, back office staff, legal etc.

From folk i've spoken to it seems split which I'm surprised but happy about.

As am I, in Edinburgh, but I'm very much in the minority in here. I know of 3 lads voting Yes, funnily enough all of whom are SSC members. Vast majority round about me are definitely No.

I work in the financial services in Glasgow - and I would gauge it at around 70% for YES!! Therefore the myth that the financial services are voting NO appear not always to be the case.

IT IS LOOKING EXTREMELY POSITIVE FOR YES!!

Our office is pretty big, got contact centre, IT, acturies, back office staff, legal etc.

From folk i've spoken to it seems split which I'm surprised but happy about.

Mines is 700+, private partnership, very monied. I actually work on what you would call the "normal" floor, there will be certain parts of the office where it will be near 100% no because of the type of person who works there - private school educated, very well off.

Edited by Dalgety Bay TA

Mines is 700+, private partnership, very monied. I actually work on what you would call the "normal" floor, there will be certain parts of the office where it will be near 100% no because of the type of person who works there - private school educated, very well off.

reinforces my opinion that for a lot of people a no vote is the selfish option. its to be expected but when we live in the most inequal society in the western world - that just cant be right.