The Flow Of People To Yes - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Flow Of People To Yes

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I begged a couple of my friends to vote Yes not because I thought their individual vote would make any difference...

My argument was vote Yes because in 10 years time voting No will be such a source of shame.

Not because anyone has bullied you or ridiculed you, but because it is obvious, our country will have changed so much for the better.

Children born 10 years after this will look at you like you had two heads if you suggested giving it away.

In 20 years voting No will be denied, you won't be able to find them.

Assuming of course we vote yes,

I begged a couple of my friends to vote Yes not because I thought their individual vote would make any difference...

My argument was vote Yes because in 10 years time voting No will be such a source of shame.

Not because anyone has bullied you or ridiculed you, but because it is obvious, our country will have changed so much for the better.

Children born 10 years after this will look at you like you had two heads if you suggested giving it away.

In 20 years voting No will be denied, you won't be able to find them.

Assuming of course we vote yes,

Like your style.

Lets hope a few more people have begged folk eh ! needs to be done

met a couple of my ex colleagues now working in Ayr who were undecided and voted Yes ... I was chuffed for them

My wife has just found out a Latvian couple who stay here and were planning to vote no because they lived through unsettling troubles after Latvia's Independence have voted YES.

She's chuffed to bits because she had explained to them that Scotland is a much richer country than Latvia and it seems to have had the effect.

The whole odds thing might indeed be influenced by news of a postal NO majority, but that was to be expected. Lots of older people with time on their hands, retired, nice pension etc.

I know one who lives abroad half the year. Daily Mail reader. Tory voter. Genuinely thinks things are fine thanks, I'm alright Jack etc. Postal No voter.

My sister in law has always been a staunch no. Felt out with me last Friday night after a "friendly" debate.

She text me just as she was heading into the polling station asking me to give her one good honest reason to vote yes. I gave her several.

They must have been good ones cos she ended up voting "yes". I was actually quite emotional when she text me back saying she had done it.