The Flow Of People To Yes - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Flow Of People To Yes

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Converted two yesterday, remarkably easy.

1, Is a 60 year old woman worried about her pension, printed off the letter from HMRC, well think it was them, gave her a copy, and that was it, a few minor questions, but the Pension was the big one.

2, Is a 26 year old mum of a young kid, she was a solid No, but the scare stories were starting to irk her. She has bigger balls than most men, simple psychology of saying I was amazed she was being pushed around and she was almost there.

If we can all convert a few over the next few days, we can definitely do this.

FFS man, its neck and neck, no more negative thoughts, its game on, lets get this done.

Good man Kumnio, this vote is there for the winning. And when it's own it will not be because of the media or the press barons or the rich backers but because of social media and ordianry people who have talked and persuaded their friends and neighbours and workmates that there'a better future for scotland, That will be a victory for real democracy!

I've been working away on the people at my work over the past couple of months.

Good few already Yes but so far I've managed to get 3 undecideds over the line, 1 No to Yes by encouraging more research and only last night one extremely staunch No as little as 5 days ago (NI born, history in the forces) completely surprised me by telling me he'd read the WBB I've left lying around work, spoke to his wife, did more research and him (and coincidentally his wife too) are now both Yes. I honestly thought he was taking the pish when he told me this. I had written him off and I had to ask him more than once, as shocked as I was.

Also managed to get a few friends converted via Facebook postings of articles which again encouraged them to read into things more, so I can believe the article saying more research encouraged a Yes vote, from my own experiences.

This is here to be won.

Edited by Souness' 'tache

I've been working away on the people at my work over the past couple of months.

Good few already Yes but so far I've managed to get 3 undecideds over the line, 1 No to Yes by encouraging more research and only last night one extremely staunch No as little as 5 days ago (NI born, history in the forces) completely surprised me by telling me he'd read the WBB I've left lying around work, spoke to his wife, did more research and him (and coincidentally his wife too) are now both Yes. I honestly thought he was taking the pish when he told me this. I had written him off and I had to ask him more than once, as shocked as I was.

Also managed to get a few friends converted via Facebook postings of articles which again encouraged them to read into things more, so I can believe the article saying more research encouraged a Yes vote, from my own experiences.

This is here to be won.

You helped push me over the line too as did Lamia :ok:

Of guys in our office(Oil Industry) there were maybe 2 Yes including myself out of 14 as late as June. It's now 9 Yes and 5 unmovable No's and they are unmovable due to being part of a certain organisation, no logic or reason behind it other than it's what the certain colour's hierarchy have decided.

Of guys in our office(Oil Industry) there were maybe 2 Yes including myself out of 14 as late as June. It's now 9 Yes and 5 unmovable No's and they are unmovable due to being part of a certain organisation, no logic or reason behind it other than it's what the certain colour's hierarchy have decided.

We do what our grand master says

Guest Extreme0

So are they just being told by an orgaisation and hence they have to say no just in case they might get caught...or are they just that 'Thick'?

Edited by Extreme0

Maybe just saying that in front of each other to save face... But at the booth in secrecy they may change

According to tonight's polls, 16 of every 17 undecideds are going to yes.

Jesus.

FYOL

Excellent!

Although I'm not counting my chickens and all that, I'm finding that undecided voters are coming up wanting to be turned into YES and it is the simplest things that turn them. I don't know if its the constant bullying via the press that's doing it, but I simply don't care as long as they vote YES.

Everyone is doing an excellent job and when we win the vote there's gonna be some sore head in the morning.

Keep it up guys (in the woman sense too) right up until 10 o'clock on Thursday night.

The 7 who have said they are voting Yes, were just looking for some more info and were not for either side. They've all had a read at stuff like the WBB and the two of us who were staunch Yes have helped them along with any info they needed. The other 5 are mostly a lost cause, though I still think I can work on one of them. I've had him doubting a lot of the financial stuff and laid out counter arguments that he can't and hasn't disagreed with. The Loyalist vote is almost impossible to change.

In last week I've had 3 people I spoke to a few weeks ago telling me they are now Yes. Just offered them my opinion on the matter then encouraged them to look into it themselves and pointed them in direction of good online material.

More or less said to them, 'I'm not saying vote Yes I just think it's really important to make an informed choice'.

Also said the same to my neighbour and gave him the WBB. His No sign has disappeared from the window, but maybe the cat has just knocked it down :lol:

One on Fb today who was a strong no the last I heard has changed to yes. A couple of my cousins who were undecided have come out for yes in the last week. A girl from school who says she was swaying to no but the bias etc has put her to yes and her friend is going the same way. One No now abstaining (really hard no royalist rangersy type) and a few others now questioning things. Its been long and slow, but its happening. We can do this!!!!

I have spoken to 4 people over the last day or so who describe themselves as Don't Knows who had at various times over the past few months said they were veering towards Yes, but have now more or less decided to vote No. I suspect that the final blitz of propaganda since last weekend's polls has been a factor, as has the realisation that a Yes vote is genuinely possible, but all of them have also stressed concern at the tone of some on the fringes of the Yes campaign and, in particular, the wrecking and defacing of No Thanks banners. It may seem trivial, but when it is as close as this may be every vote counts and it is the choice of the Don't Knows that will decide it one way or another. Little things matter.

I have spoken to 4 people over the last day or so who describe themselves as Don't Knows who had at various times over the past few months said they were veering towards Yes, but have now more or less decided to vote No. I suspect that the final blitz of propaganda since last weekend's polls has been a factor, as has the realisation that a Yes vote is genuinely possible, but all of them have also stressed concern at the tone of some on the fringes of the Yes campaign and, in particular, the wrecking and defacing of No Thanks banners. It may seem trivial, but when it is as close as this may be every vote counts and it is the choice of the Don't Knows that will decide it one way or another. Little things matter.

pish and wind from them - i think they are just looking to give you an excuse, i wouldnt expect anyone to vote yes just becuase that old guy got a broken arm or salmond had the road rage guy or saslmond was getting death threats

all of them have also stressed concern at the tone of some on the fringes of the Yes campaign and, in particular, the wrecking and defacing of No Thanks banners. It may seem trivial, but when it is as close as this may be every vote counts and it is the choice of the Don't Knows that will decide it one way or another. Little things matter.

The reports of intimidation have been very one sided. The front page of the Daily Mail is a disgrace...

I have to say I haven't met one person who has went from Yes to No but know loads who have went from No / undecided to Yes. ( including myself) . What really got my back up early on ,is when I said I was undecided there was plenty of Yes people that treated me like some sort of traitor to my country. My dislike of Alex Salmond was another issue , I still don't think he's up to the job but I finally realised it's not about him.The biggest help to the Yes campaign has been social media which has cut through the propaganda and let people see what is really happening.Whatever way the vote goes there will be some nuggets who will have a complete meltdown at not getting what they want , we should all respect the will of our people and come Friday help to move our country on . If you don't like the answer , don't ask the question.

The reports of intimidation have been very one sided. The front page of the Daily Mail is a disgrace...

The best the Mail can come up with is spray paint on a NO sign! Talk about handbags at dawn! The only people who will be aghast at such an act are those who are definite NO's, everyone else knows what is going on. The Govt and the media have put all their eggs in one basket by targeting typical Tory voters and old folk with scare stories, everyone else is on social media and knows the truth. The ones who are are intelligent and undecided will be on the internet, and on the streets, finding out information, and if we meet them with a smile and good knowledge of the facts, they will be persuaded.

Edited by Hessen

Said it a few times. Undecideds from my experience are largely Yes people in waiting who have been cowed and need assurance.

The fact that they haven't been put off completely by the media onslaught is very encouraging

Exactly what I am finding in Dumfries (where there seem to be more Yessers than No people in the town centre when i was handing out Wee Blue books yesterday). If there ended up being a Yes majority down here, it would be beyond astounding. i think there is a natural majority for Yes by a big margin, but fear and this ridiculous notion of "uncertainty" is stopping some people - basically they are timid fearties that just need reassurance.