Last 4 matches - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Last 4 matches

romanticscot

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, JECK said:

Teams that drop points v Lithuania simply don't deserve to qualify. 

So if we draw with them, win the other 3 games and go on to qualify, we don't deserve to?  Quite right, in this situation I would flat out refuse to watch us in the finals due to our inability to beat Lithuania!

Edited by todd
spelling

4 hours ago, Bino's said:

we're 8-1 to qualify

that includes a play off but shows is grasping at straws time

On 2017-6-13 at 9:25 AM, ceudmilefailte said:

33 to 1 with William Hill to qualify.

1 hour ago, todd said:

So if we draw with them, win the other 3 games and go on to qualify, we don't deserve to?  Quite right, in this situation I would flat out refuse to watch us in the finals due to our inability to beat Lithuania!

Hmmm something to do at "work" tomorrow....see how many teams have dropped points against Lithuania in a qualifying campaign and gone on to a tournament.

5 hours ago, JECK said:

Teams that drop points v Lithuania simply don't deserve to qualify. 

That'll be Slovenia out of it as well then.  But hang on - they beat Slovakia.

Do teams that lose to teams that drop points to Lithuania deserve to qualify?

The whole group will be scunnered if Slovakia get any points off England.  That'll mean that England have dropped points to a team that was beaten by a team that dropped points to Lithuania. Thus rendering every team in the group undeserving of a qualifying place!! ;)  Wait a minute, that is already the case as they dropped points to us and we've already dropped points to Lithuania :spin:

Edited by todd
Just realised

2 minutes ago, todd said:

The whole group will be scunnered if Slovakia get any points off England.  That'll mean that England have dropped points to a team that was beaten by a team that dropped points to Lithuania. Thus rendering every team in the group undeserving of a qualifying place!! ;)

the entire group including England are gash

Edited by Bino's

On 2017-6-16 at 6:37 AM, Bino's said:

Jesus coral are sh ite or William Hill have had a departure from their senses

Maybe its me thats lost my senses. Got £7 on at 33 to 1.

On 2017-6-19 at 10:00 PM, bonny78 said:

Ud be better off buying lotto tickets.

Nah I wid rather put my £2 lottery money  on a 10 fold Premiership games. Gave up once it went to 59 numbers. Mere chance o Scotland winning World cup LOL

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, Doric said:

Nah I wid rather put my £2 lottery money  on a 10 fold Premiership games. Gave up once it went to 59 numbers. Mere chance o Scotland winning World cup LOL

In Gord We Trust

Win the first two and then start worrying about goal difference.

It is Scotland and IT IS Lithuania, away!

I want to see us as clinical as the Irish seem to be in away games - they play Georgia next and we struggled twice there whilst Ireland have won all their games away.

If we can do that, we will be in with a great shout and it'll be near enough in our hands with two huge games against Slovakia and Slovenia - considering England hopefully beat all the rest. 

24 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Win the first two and then start worrying about goal difference.

It is Scotland and IT IS Lithuania, away!

I want to see us as clinical as the Irish seem to be in away games - they play Georgia next and we struggled twice there whilst Ireland have won all their games away.

If we can do that, we will be in with a great shout and it'll be near enough in our hands with two huge games against Slovakia and Slovenia - considering England hopefully beat all the rest. 

We are unlikely to score a lot of goals against Slovakia or Slovenia. Any goals we score against Malta won't count for GD purposes. So that only leaves the Lithuania game. Most folk will be thinking we will struggle to get any victory in that game. So we should just forget about GD and concentrate on winning the games. I would take four 1-0 victories right now. 

46 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

We are unlikely to score a lot of goals against Slovakia or Slovenia. Any goals we score against Malta won't count for GD purposes. So that only leaves the Lithuania game. Most folk will be thinking we will struggle to get any victory in that game. So we should just forget about GD and concentrate on winning the games. I would take four 1-0 victories right now. 

Exactly.

I could have worded that better, but I agree, I meant let's not even bother about the goal difference or what may happen with the other sides - just win the first two games, and then if that happens - start dreaming a wee bit, and win the next two after that. 

Before it all comes crashing down in that final Slovene game. 

Although we seem to be doing things in reverse rather than the norm - good start, fade out - so hopefully we are following Ireland's path to Euro 2016 - weak start, strong finish.

1-0's would do fine.

Edited by weekevie04