Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 53 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

Absolute stitch up by the BBC again on the leaders debate

30 minutes with Nicola

20 minutes about Independence

The 55 seats out of 58(?) was a historic and one off result. Right on the back of the NO... It was almost like a national guilt trip or something. A day late and a scottish pound short. I don't think it will ever be repeated or even come close. It is as close to a 100% result for one national party in a general election as you will ever see. One seat left for each of the main opposition made it almost poetic. It really was sensational but honestly I'd just prefer it was a YES.

If the SNP get anywhere near 50 (out of what now 58? sorry should be paying more attention) that will be an extraordinary result. It really will. 

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

30 minutes with Nicola

Sturgeon smashed it - great job tonight.
Smart, informed, honest and non confrontational answers to each and every question thrown.

However : it is clear some people wont listen simply because they are ideologically opposed to the big "I"....
This is a long game - brexit is a time bomb and will eventually be exposed for the sham it is.
Patience folks! 
Just 5 years ago the SNP winning most seats in a general election would be unthinkable.

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

30 minutes with Nicola

Yep. Beyond belief. She handled it well. But it was an audience full of absolute raving Yoons, armed with the usual nonsense. And the Welsh wummin. What was that all about?

Guest flumax
12 minutes ago, thplinth said:

The 55 seats out of 58(?) was a historic and one off result. Right on the back of the NO... It was almost like a national guilt trip or something. A day late and a scottish pound short. I don't think it will ever be repeated or even come close. It is as close to a 100% result for one national party in a general election as you will ever see. One seat left for each of the main opposition made it almost poetic. It really was sensational but honestly I'd just prefer it was a YES.

If the SNP get anywhere near 50 (out of what now 58? sorry should be paying more attention) that will be an extraordinary result. It really will. 

56/59. And still 59 <shakes head>

Edited by flumax

17 minutes ago, flumax said:

Btw what's your source?

Twatter - trying to get official confirmation. Must be a poll today

3 minutes ago, Stapes said:

Yep. Beyond belief. She handled it well. But it was an audience full of absolute raving Yoons, armed with the usual nonsense. And the Welsh wummin. What was that all about?

Incredible

You are not a country - you gave that up with the Union !

7 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

30 minutes with Nicola

I thought the dogged pursuit of devolved matters, orchestrated by a smirking Nick 'he didn't answer' Robinson was more startling and questionable than questions about independence.

But presumably the leaders score points if they can convince an undecided voter that, say, the tax policy is reasonable or reminds them that education is free or there are more nurses, than flatly disagreeing (or agreeing) with someone over independence.

Guest flumax
1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

You are not a country - you gave that up with the Union !

She's not wrong though tbf

16 minutes ago, thplinth said:

It would be ironic if the SNP was much reduced, but it turned out a hung parliament, and they had more power than with 56.

10 minutes ago, Stapes said:

2 NI voices first (anti SNP obv.) then the next 2/ comments were coincidently siting right beside them in the middle  of the audience.

Now the BEEB must know that we know its a setup but couldn't care, why should they ? What can you do? Nicola knows it as well but for a reason (that I must say escapes me) is keeping it straight - long, long game?

1 minute ago, mariokempes56 said:

2 NI voices first (anti SNP obv.) then the next 2/ comments were coincidently siting right beside them in the middle  of the audience.

Now the BEEB must know that we know its a setup but couldn't care, why should they ? What can you do? Nicola knows it as well but for a reason (that I must say escapes me) is keeping it straight - long, long game?

I think I only heard one Scottish voice when Nicola was on, and that was the young lassie who was the only overly supportive person.

22 minutes ago, exile said:

It would be ironic if the SNP was much reduced, but it turned out a hung parliament, and they had more power than with 56.

Not sure what my reaction will be if Tory gains in Scotland maintain their majority.   Maybe laugh and cry.

Cant get Moray polling confirmation but it wasnt from someone who wouldnt have said it without reliable info

It may or may not be cack however William Hill have the constituency odds now as

SNP 8/11 from 4/5

Tories Evens from 10/11

So there must be something in it considering the media were reporting at the weekend that Robertson would lose 

Do folk remember how many seats the SNP had before taking 56 seats out of a possible 59 seats? They had 6 seats! They went from 6 seats to 56 out of a possible 59.

If they end up on 40, 45 , 50... who fhucking cares. This is not really that important. You are going to see a pull back. Because 56 was a tsunami brought about about by the NO. This is healthy what we are seeing here. 3 opposition MPs while very very funny was not really healthy. And I am glad to see Scotland reassert her right wing character. Scotland is not a left wing country no more than a right wing country. Ask a Scot how they feel about folk getting a free ride... find out how left they are...

Edited by thplinth

Willie Rennie is amazing - in the same torrent of rhetoric he says the British people deserve a second vote on Brexit, but Scotland doesn't deserve another vote on independence post Brexit (or put another way, doesn't deserve the chance to reject Brexit by pursuing independence).

And says the SNP didn't win the Holyrood election...

Edited by exile

44 minutes ago, exile said:

I thought the dogged pursuit of devolved matters, orchestrated by a smirking Nick 'he didn't answer' Robinson was more startling and questionable than questions about independence.

But presumably the leaders score points if they can convince an undecided voter that, say, the tax policy is reasonable or reminds them that education is free or there are more nurses, than flatly disagreeing (or agreeing) with someone over independence.

Highlight for me was the guy who asked the question on education.  He had the killer line as well, "if you want to be judged on education then shouldn't you resign" and absolute zinger.

The camera cut to the FM and then back to him and he had this wee smug "ah've telt her" smirk on his face.

Of course he wasn't expecting what happened next when Nick Robinson went back to him and said "good sir, please tell us more about how the SNP are failing for viewers in England". 

Then it was a case of "mumble, mumble, number of things, mumble, mubble, SNP bad"

23 minutes ago, aaid said:

Of course he wasn't expecting what happened next when Nick Robinson went back to him and said "good sir, please tell us more about how the SNP are failing for viewers in England". 

Then it was a case of "mumble, mumble, number of things, mumble, mubble, SNP bad"

:lol: Yes I saw that.

Robinson seemed genuinely delighted to orchestrate the audience, smiling almost as if they were saying what he wanted to say himself (does anyone remember that referee who celebrated when a team scored...)