Scottish Cup Weekend - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Weekend

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, giblet said:

aye Hibs have had easy run in the scottish cup last 5 out of 6 years to get to the semi's. :lol:

Last time we had to play an in form, all conquering Aberdeen in a cup tie, we turned them over pretty easily.  That team was better than the current one, likewise I think we arent as good, so should be a decent game. Havent heard any fellow Hibs fans upset about the draw.  I do hope they make it an evening tie rather than mid day, ridiculous to expect Aberdeen fans to come down in their thousands at that time.  Can imagine if its a 12 noon kick off the attendance being no more than 30k, with two thirds of that Hibees.    

By your logic that makes QoS a much better team than Hibs this season, since they turned you over easily at Easter Road back in August.

It's nuts trying to take a one-off game from 18 months ago and apply it to now. Doesn't even come close to making sense.

What is important that Aberdeen have under-performed at Hampden in semi-finals for years now, and for that reason I make Hibs favourites. Don't pat yourselves on the back too much though. I'd make Cowdenbeath favourites if they were playing Aberdeen in a semi-final.

I've no doubt at all though that hibs.net is full of zoomers already talking about how Hibs have a bye to the final. Take of that what you will...

20 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I must be about 50/50 at Hampden with Motherwell

1 draw, 3 wins, 4 defeats (2 each v old firm).

I was thinking about this earlier, mine is:

1994 Scottish Cup Semi Final vs Rangers (0-0)

1994 Scottish Cup Semi Final Replay vs Rangers (Lost 2-1)

1994/95 League Games vs Celtic, (Drew 1-1 and Lost 2-1), Also lost in the 1/4 of the Scottish that season away to Celtic 1-0. 

2000 League Cup Semi lost to Celtic 1-0.

2001 League Cup Semi beat St Mirren 3-0

2001 League Cup Final lost to Celtic 3-0

2007 League Cup Final lost to Hibs 5-1

2012 League Cup Semi beat Ayr 1-0

2012 League Cup Final beat Celtic 1-0.

When we won the Scottish in 1997 our Semi Final and replay against Utd was at Easter Road and the FInal was at Ibrox.

6 defeats

2 draws

3 wins

From my view in the Main Stand, Garners was a red card all day long and that's with my blue glasses on. One of those challenges that makes you wince when you see it! Torals looked like a penalty and the linesman should have helped the ref more for the handball. 

That said Kiernans was a yellow on Wednesday night though. 

Guest BlueGaz
9 minutes ago, dave said:

From my view in the Main Stand, Garners was a red card all day long and that's with my blue glasses on. One of those challenges that makes you wince when you see it! Torals looked like a penalty and the linesman should have helped the ref more for the handball. 

Was a def red.  Didn't make me wince though.  It looks a lot worse than it actually was, a red all the same though.

13 minutes ago, dave said:

Did you and blue gaz think McDonald's was a red in the Motherwell game, or McHughs v Hearts if you saw it?

Both got the ball first and the man with the follow through. Kiernan went through the man from behind and might've got some of the ball on the follow through.

It defies any sort of logic that if the 2 Motherwell ones are reds that Kiernans should've been a yellow!

12 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Did you and blue gaz think McDonald's was a red in the Motherwell game, or McHughs v Hearts if you saw it?

Both got the ball first and the man with the follow through. Kiernan went through the man from behind and might've got some of the ball on the follow through.

It defies any sort of logic that if the 2 Motherwell ones are reds that Kiernans should've been a yellow!

McDonalds was a red for me but  didn't see the other one.

I didn't think it was a sending off until I saw it in slow motion. Any sort studs up challenge onto a standing leg/ankle is always going to be a possible red. He'd sent MOH off for a dangerous challenge ( which again could easily have been a yellow)in the first 5 minutes so had set the tone early on.

Guest BlueGaz
21 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

If football was based on logic it would be really boring.  I haven't seen the 2nd one you mention, but would probably tip towards red for Mcdonalds.  I had to see a replay of keirnans to think it was a yellow.  

59 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

If football was based on logic it would be really boring.  I haven't seen the 2nd one you mention, but would probably tip towards red for Mcdonalds.  I had to see a replay of keirnans to think it was a yellow.  

That's true!

Theres definitely always a slight bias.

Decisions you feel hard done by if they go against you, but would be screaming for if they were the other way.

:lol:

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

That's true!

Theres definitely always a slight bias.

Decisions you feel hard done by if they go against you, but would be screaming for if they were the other way.

:lol:

100%.  

3 hours ago, Rossy said:

By your logic that makes QoS a much better team than Hibs this season, since they turned you over easily at Easter Road back in August.

It's nuts trying to take a one-off game from 18 months ago and apply it to now. Doesn't even come close to making sense.

What is important that Aberdeen have under-performed at Hampden in semi-finals for years now, and for that reason I make Hibs favourites. Don't pat yourselves on the back too much though. I'd make Cowdenbeath favourites if they were playing Aberdeen in a semi-final.

I've no doubt at all though that hibs.net is full of zoomers already talking about how Hibs have a bye to the final. Take of that what you will...

Agree with you in that Aberdeen havent turned up at Hampden in the last few years against us, I think I saw that you havent beaten us at Hampden since 2000.  All I'm saying is that I think the Bookies are right to make you favourites, but to your point not by the margin they have.  We are delighted to have missed Celtic (like you lot are).  I think we have a chance because from whenever we have had to play teams in the top half of the Premier League in the last couple of seasons we have stepped up and coped pretty well.  

5 minutes ago, giblet said:

Agree with you in that Aberdeen havent turned up at Hampden in the last few years against us, I think I saw that you havent beaten us at Hampden since 2000.  All I'm saying is that I think the Bookies are right to make you favourites, but to your point not by the margin they have.  We are delighted to have missed Celtic (like you lot are).  I think we have a chance because from whenever we have had to play teams in the top half of the Premier League in the last couple of seasons we have stepped up and coped pretty well.  

To be fair, we've only played you once at Hampden since 2000 :lol:

I agree with the rest of your post though. The problem we seem to have at Hampden is that our 'big game'players, don't actually turn up for the 'big games'...:lol:

Ach. Maybe one of these days...

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

Live on Sky/BBC so not a chance.

12.15 KO with around a 28K crowd.

The QoTS crowd was c.26k from memory?

Anyway my point was a statement, not a question.

That's why I said 'would.....'

12 minutes ago, Redz said:

The QoTS crowd was c.26k from memory?

Anyway my point was a statement, not a question.

That's why I said 'would.....'

:ok:

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

A 5:15pm kick off would be preferable to lunchtime. Hopefully AFC press for this. 

:ok:

16 minutes ago, Redz said:

Only Man City v West Brom @ 12.30 listed as of now.

So, yes......

12.15 is the traditional graveyard shift for the diddy semi-final.

Aberdeen could try digging their heels in, but ultimately Sky will tell the SFA what time the game kicks off at.

11 minutes ago, Rossy said:

12.15 is the traditional graveyard shift for the diddy semi-final.

Aberdeen could try digging their heels in, but ultimately Sky will tell the SFA what time the game kicks off at.

Yes, sadly, that will be the case.

We truly are fuked when thousands of empty seats mean nothing.

3pm Saturday on the other hand.......:spin: