Tennis 2017 - Page 11 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tennis 2017

min

Sharapova was using it as it was legal, just like Aggasi was taking crack cocaine and that was allowed to slip through, however due to the larger political landscape, these institutions are used to persue the "silent war" against Russia.

Russia were doing what the Nike project is doing. Big sponsored doping programmes.

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Cynical and calculated. Oh ok if you say so.

The drug was not banned. It is absurd to criticize anyone for taking supplements or medications that are not banned. 

And how can you be so sure it was cynical and calculated when the experts aren't even agreeing it can be a performance enhancer?

I would also take a look at the athletes who were caught out by its sudden banning. Mostly all Russians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meldonium

Calculated and cynical is correct but not from Sharapova IMO. 

But hey ho we will not be agreeing on this.

Yeah everyone has those wee doping aids, look a ketones for SKY or TUE's for asthma, or training at altitude so you can feck about with your bio passport. Or training in remote Kenya so you know whenever a tester is near.

Since it is a "Russian" drug banning it fecked up Russian athletes.

43 minutes ago, phart said:

I think most top athletes are doping in some way. I can't without losing my objectivity remove my  compatriots and favourites from that suspicion. It's the nature of the game these days.

Sharapova and Murrays coach were both Victor Conte clients, that's the link.

I'm not removing my favourites from suspicion. I just don't see anywhere close to enough to suggest Murray has been doping. 

39 minutes ago, phart said:

Yeah everyone has those wee doping aids, look a ketones for SKY or TUE's for asthma, or training at altitude so you can feck about with your bio passport. Or training in remote Kenya so you know whenever a tester is near.

Since it is a "Russian" drug banning it fecked up Russian athletes.

Interesting reading how they decided to ban it. They were testing blood and noticed a few athletes were on it. So they decided it must somehow be performing enhancing. No evidence at all for it it seems other than that.

Now I'll bet my mortgage it went like this... they saw that it was mostly Russians taking it so they decided to ban for that reason and in the hope that by doing it in a certain way they could catch some of them out not knowing it had been banned. That doping agency is hugely politicized IMO. The whole thing stinks. Now Sharapova might be at it elsewhere I don't know but in this instance I think it was a set-up.

25 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Interesting reading how they decided to ban it. They were testing blood and noticed a few athletes were on it. So they decided it must somehow be performing enhancing. No evidence at all for it it seems other than that.

Now I'll bet my mortgage it went like this... they saw that it was mostly Russians taking it so they decided to ban for that reason and in the hope that by doing it in a certain way they could catch some of them out not knowing it had been banned. That doping agency is hugely politicized IMO. The whole thing stinks. Now Sharapova might be at it elsewhere I don't know but in this instance I think it was a set-up.

It will be performance enhancing that's why he would be doing it. The rest seems probable.

it's crazy it seems having asthma is per-requisite these days to be a top endurance athlete??? Judging by TUE's.

1 hour ago, phart said:

It will be performance enhancing that's why he would be doing it. The rest seems probable.

it's crazy it seems having asthma is per-requisite these days to be a top endurance athlete??? Judging by TUE's.

The HE you refer to is a SHE ..Maria Sharapova.

I think it is nailed on she was at it. She lives and trains etc in the USA but still has a Russian doctor who was getting her 'medicine' to treat asthma - a different type of drug conveniently that would have been prescribed had she had a US doctor like you would expect her to have.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Queens starts tomorrow, Murray has a tough draw if he's going to win it again. Selfishly I hope he's on tomorrow's order of play since I'm going.

I think it's confirmed that he starts on Tuesday. I'm sure they announced that yonks ago. Stan vs Lopez could be a belter though. Enjoy. :ok: 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think it's confirmed that he starts on Tuesday. I'm sure they announced that yonks ago. Stan vs Lopez could be a belter though. Enjoy. :ok: 

Oh well, my luck was due to run out when it comes to seeing Murray. Every tournament we've went to we've ended up seeing him, as you know its pot luck.

itll be great regardless, weather is meant to be glorious too.

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Andy Murray is to donate his prize money from Queens to the fund for victims of the Grenfell fire. 

:ok:

Just hope he doesn't get pumped out in the first round!! :lol:

Edited by Fairbairn

A very good gesture by Andy. Well done to him.

These folk shouldn't have to rely on charity though. The government allocate £5 million for about 600 ish of these poor people whilst giving Jacob Rees Mogg £7.6 to fix up his posh hoose. Tory values.

Bedene injured, so pulls out of this afternoons match against Murray. Stand by Jordan Thompson now has three hours to prepare to face the number one.

On 18/06/2017 at 3:03 PM, Parklife said:

Got to see some bug players but Kyrgios retired early.

queens was the poorest tournament out of five I've now been to. Everything was ridiculously overpriced, more expensive than Wimbledon or RG. The service was also really bad, the heat drove many inside between matches, more than usual. The queues were massive yet they closed half the tills, reopened them when the queues went down and the next match started. 

There was an element of snobbery at this event compared to Wimbledon and RG too.

i don't think we will be rushing back to it.

9 hours ago, Parklife said:

Andy Murray is to donate his prize money from Queens to the fund for victims of the Grenfell fire. 

9 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

:ok:

Just hope he doesn't get pumped out in the first round!! :lol:

:oops: 

Ha ha will be amusing watching his ultra softball treatment versus Sharapova's ultra hardball.

On the PE aspects of Melowhatsitsname... "Its use has a sort of urban legend element.." I think that is what its banning was about rather than any real evidence. But I am just running on hunches.