Tennis 2017 - Page 7 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tennis 2017

min

On 5/28/2017 at 7:06 PM, Bannannan said:

Matches start early people wander about and pick their matches,watch a set,and often go to another one.I've seen some great matches on the outside courts.

:ok: 

Yeah, looking forward to choosing our matches on Thursday when we just have ground pass tickets. Hopefully Jamie Murray is playing doubles that day and we can see him. 

A getting better sort of performance today from Andy as the second slam of the season got underway. Murray won in four sets against Kuznetsov. I have no expectations for RG and if Andy can navigate his way through to the Qf's I would take that. Anything beyond that would be a great surprise. However, it is one match at a time for Andy.

Looking forward to getting there tomorrow. Delpo, Kyrgios and Edmund all on outside courts, so will navigate our way to see as much of these three as we can ?

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Looking forward to getting there tomorrow. Delpo, Kyrgios and Edmund all on outside courts, so will navigate our way to see as much of these three as we can ?

Bon voyage.get there early and dont forget a cap and the sun cream!:ok:

Murray wins in four sets against Klizan. A long match and Murray again was up and down level-wise. I can't see him being a contender here as he is carrying too many handicaps and Del Potro awaits in the next round as well. Each win he gets though will help in hopefully raising his levels back to where it should be.

1 minute ago, Bannannan said:

Del Potro simply not fit enough.Mon Andy.

I wouldn't say that. Just that as soon as Murray starting playing somewhere near his usual level and consistency it is just too much for Del Potro. Great credit to the big Argentine player though as he has had a number of horrendous injuries that has totally taken away his back hand shots and he has had to re-invent himself. That is some feat in itself. For Andy that is the best I have seen him play this year. I still don't see him going much deeper but he's returning to form just in time for the grass court season.

I've had a wonderful 3 days at RG. Saw Khachanov beat Berdych, Edmund beat Olivo and Cepede beat Pavlyachenkova on Thursday. Muguruza, Rafa, Djokovic and Venus on Chatrier, before catching the start of Wozniacki on Friday. Then caught Edmund vs Anderson, conclusion of Wozniacki vs Bellis, the start of Nishikori vs Chung and saw Kyrgios in doubles for a bit before the rain came. 

Organisation at RG was a bit chaotic and ground passes are waaaay over sold IMO. Was brilliant none the less though. Will definitely be back next year! 

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I've had a wonderful 3 days at RG. Saw Khachanov beat Berdych, Edmund beat Olivo and Cepede beat Pavlyachenkova on Thursday. Muguruza, Rafa, Djokovic and Venus on Chatrier, before catching the start of Wozniacki on Friday. Then caught Edmund vs Anderson, conclusion of Wozniacki vs Bellis, the start of Nishikori vs Chung and saw Kyrgios in doubles for a bit before the rain came. 

Organisation at RG was a bit chaotic and ground passes are waaaay over sold IMO. Was brilliant none the less though. Will definitely be back next year! 

Good to hear you enjoyed it.

Khachanov beat Isner in four sets today and will play Murray tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

:ok:

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Nadal barely breaking sweat so far 

Can't see anyone taking a set off him, let alone beating him. Djokovic, Stan, Thiem or Andy would have to play at their absolute peak just to give him a really tough match IMO. 

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Can't see anyone taking a set off him, let alone beating him. Djokovic, Stan, Thiem or Andy would have to play at their absolute peak just to give him a really tough match IMO. 

Glad to hear you enjoyed RG, is a great experience but not quite as good as Wimbledon for me. 

Ive got tickets for queens and the ATP finals this year. The Paris masters is also on the radar. I'll do the queue at Wimbledon again.

Are you booked up for any more events?

I agree, watching nadal lately it's like He has wound the clock back ten years. 

Murray v Nadal in this final would be epic, especially if Murray continues where he left off against Del Potro.

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Glad to hear you enjoyed RG, is a great experience but not quite as good as Wimbledon for me. 

Ive got tickets for queens and the ATP finals this year. The Paris masters is also on the radar. I'll do the queue at Wimbledon again.

Are you booked up for any more events?

I agree, watching nadal lately it's like He has wound the clock back ten years. 

Murray v Nadal in this final would be epic, especially if Murray continues where he left off against Del Potro.

Probably nothing else this year. Got a lot on this year and going to NYC at the tail end of the year too, so funds/holidays are used up. 

Applied for Wimbledon but got hee haw. How long will you have to queue for? 

Will go back to RG next year and will probably try and go to Madrid, Rome or Barcelona too during the clay court season, just for something different. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Probably nothing else this year. Got a lot on this year and going to NYC at the tail end of the year too, so funds/holidays are used up. 

Applied for Wimbledon but got hee haw. How long will you have to queue for? 

Will go back to RG next year and will probably try and go to Madrid, Rome or Barcelona too during the clay court season, just for something different. 

I went to the queue at around 4am last year. Ended up with day pass and court two tickets. It was a great day out. We watched Kyrgios play Dustin Brown, Kyrgios had a little melt down. Saw Cilic, Dmitrov, Zverev and finally Leyton Hewitt in the oldies doubles. 

Thinking of camping overnight this time.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I went to the queue at around 4am last year. Ended up with day pass and court two tickets. It was a great day out. We watched Kyrgios play Dustin Brown, Kyrgios had a little melt down. Saw Cilic, Dmitrov, Zverev and finally Leyton Hewitt in the oldies doubles. 

Thinking of camping overnight this time.

Great stuff. Dedication :ok: 

Got to say, Wimbledon is a far more pleasant experience when just on ground passes. It's busy but RG is on another level. 

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Great stuff. Dedication :ok: 

Got to say, Wimbledon is a far more pleasant experience when just on ground passes. It's busy but RG is on another level. 

I'm not that far from Wimbledon, my thinking is I might as well do it whilst I live here. 

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not that far from Wimbledon, my thinking is I might as well do it whilst I live here. 

Definitely worth taking a day or two off work and queuing up if you live in London!  Hopefully you hit it lucky with the weather too. 

Murray on court now

I have always found it strange how poorly attended the matches on RG centre court are. They are rarely full until the latter stages of the tournament.

36 minutes ago, Bannannan said:

Think Rafa Djokovic will be massive.Djokovic looking very motivated. 4 or 5 sets.

I think Djokovic will lose to Theim. Also worth noting that Agassi has ;eft Paris and is away on Safari with his family.