Tennis 2017 - Page 6 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tennis 2017

min

On 4/20/2017 at 1:41 PM, adamntg said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's been absolute chronic since he took the Queen's shilling.

I've said it before that I've said it before, but I'll say it again, Murray isn't the same man he was since he doffed his cap to old Betty.  Getting pumped again in Madrid.

20 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I've said it before that I've said it before, but I'll say it again, Murray isn't the same man he was since he doffed his cap to old Betty.  Getting pumped again in Madrid.

It doesn't help one iota if you have a bout of the shingles and an elbow injury. Anyway odd little fact for you - this time last year he was still waiting on his first tournament win of the season whereas this year he already has one title in the bank.

21 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It doesn't help one iota if you have a bout of the shingles and an elbow injury. Anyway odd little fact for you - this time last year he was still waiting on his first tournament win of the season whereas this year he already has one title in the bank.

I still blame Liz.

Andy is without doubt an extremely complex person on court.ATM i think he is tired both physically and mentally.All his achievements are mainly down to hard hard training,maybe its taking it's toll.Would be pleasantly surprised if he won another GS.That said we'll never have his like again.

6 hours ago, adamntg said:

I've said it before that I've said it before, but I'll say it again, Murray isn't the same man he was since he doffed his cap to old Betty.

He's not received it yet I think?

Have we seen "peak Andy"?

Has to happen eventually, he's had a great run though.

19 hours ago, Bannannan said:

Would be pleasantly surprised if he won another GS.That said we'll never have his like again.

He'll win at least one of the next 4. 

4 minutes ago, Bannannan said:

Your usual bet? I'll pay up gladly!

Happy to bet on it :ok: 

You name the stake and beneficiary. 

27 minutes ago, Bannannan said:

20 quid sunshine appeal or anything particular you have in mind?

Sounds good to me. :ok: 

Hopefully you're paying out very soon ;) 

Andy having another nightmare in Rome. His serving has always been inconsistent, but can't remember him ever returning as poorly as this. 

Today`s defeat is not a surprise given opponent is Italian and often troubles top players especially on clay. Wonder if Andy might enter 250 tournament next week in Geneva or Lyon to get some match practice before Paris. 

11 hours ago, ironbrew said:

Today`s defeat is not a surprise given opponent is Italian and often troubles top players especially on clay. Wonder if Andy might enter 250 tournament next week in Geneva or Lyon to get some match practice before Paris. 

Good idea.

On 2017-5-25 at 5:55 PM, Parklife said:

Roland Garros countdown: 

- Draw - 1 day
- Tournament start - 3 days
- Arrival of Parklife - 7 days 

Cannot wait  :spin:

Would love to go to Roland Garros. Unlike Wimbledon I`ve noticed centre courts seem to be often empty. Was watching qualifying on Eurosport today and atmosphere seemed great on Court 6 for French player (Matthieu?) and he clearly enjoyed support. Maybe it`s better to go to outside courts than near empty central ones.