£15,000 Poppy Fine - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

£15,000 Poppy Fine

DoonTheSlope

9 minutes ago, Fermer said:

I know my pal.  We shpuld not remember the people who fought against nazis etc.  And died for free speech which you and I are lucky to have.  The hate you have for Scots who fought against nazis will never be remembered.  The men who fought against that will.  It's very simple.  Have a good and free scottish new year.  I will remember them.  That's my right.  And yours to hate them.

What a hopeless case :rolleyes:

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

What a hopeless case :rolleyes:

Start reading my friend.  I think you will find i am not not the only hopeless case that would buy a poppy.  Is that the summation of your argument?  Is every one who buys a poppy a hopeless case in our country?  Or just anyone on here that disagrees with you?  My only answer to you and likes of .. well you know who.. is just start reading about why the young guys fought from evey corner against the nazis.  Just read.  you dont want to wear  a poppy for them.  Fine.  I remember the scottish soldiers who fought and died.  And my family did.  Blown up in Scappa Flow where I took my gran to see where her brother lies on the Royal Oak. But you wont know about scappa flow.  Just so clever about the modern day hate against scottish soldiers.  Read and education might follow.

1 minute ago, Fermer said:

Start reading my friend.  I think you will find i am not not the only hopeless case that would buy a poppy.  Is that the summation of your argument?  Is every one who buys a poppy a hopeless case in our country?  Or just anyone on here that disagrees with you?  My only answer to you and likes of .. well you know who.. is just start reading about why the young guys fought from evey corner against the nazis.  Just read.  you dont want to wear  a poppy for them.  Fine.  I remember the scottish soldiers who fought and died.  And my family did.  Blown up in Scappa Flow where I took my gran to see where her brother lies on the Royal Oak. But you wont know about scappa flow.  Just so clever about the modern day hate against scottish soldiers.  Read and education might follow.

I forgot, you are the only person on this forum who knows anything about history at all :rolleyes:

How is wishing for peace and an end to this militaristic rubbish hateful ? Your really gonna have to explain this one to me.

40 minutes ago, Fermer said:

You should be committed for your own safety.  

30 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I forgot, you are the only person on this forum who knows anything about history at all :rolleyes:

How is wishing for peace and an end to this militaristic rubbish hateful ? Your really gonna have to explain this one to me.

I wouldnt bother asking him any questions, he doesn't know his arse from his elbow. He's a hun troll and nothing more. One of the idiots who thinks everyone on here is against rangers. 

4 hours ago, Fermer said:

Feck them blue gaz.  If they want to hate the scottish soldiers who fought and died.  let them.  My grandad, your relatives I am sure and also his/hers probably did.  But he/she now has the right to not respect  or remember who fought for scotland in the two world wars.  Leave him to it ma pal.  Respect doesnt enter the world they live in so let it go and feel sorry  for them.  BTW do you know who is my new foto now?  Friend and colleague who played in the best rangers team ever.

Who the feck is this.

10 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

It makes me more uncomfortable in 2016 that Malcolm feels it necessary to couple the fact he supports the wearing of the Poppy with that fact that he is not a Rangers supporter.  

The blame for that lies at the door of your club.

Guest BlueGaz
18 hours ago, Ormond said:

The blame for that lies at the door of your club.

No it doesn't.  In this particular case, it lies very simply with Malcolm.  

Edited by BlueGaz

3 hours ago, Ormond said:

Don't act silly. You're brighter than that. :)

Im just looking for you to clarify a statement. I can only surmise why you think this but it'd be better if you could be specific and then I can't misinterpret your opinion. 

Or is there no reason for your statement? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2016 at 4:47 PM, Fermer said:

I know my pal.  We shpuld not remember the people who fought against nazis etc.  And died for free speech which you and I are lucky to have.  The hate you have for Scots who fought against nazis will never be remembered.  The men who fought against that will.  It's very simple.  Have a good and free scottish new year.  I will remember them.  That's my right.  And yours to hate them.

Lunatic

• 1 month later...

In fairness think sfa got it right for once. Some on here would say they are shite no matter what they did but I'm sure we can afford a wee fine. No biggie.

sfa are clowns for sure but credit where it is due. They took the right stance for once even if u might question the reasons why. Anyway isn't the TA board quiet....nothing to get excited about at all......

1 hour ago, teale27 said:

In fairness think sfa got it right for once. Some on here would say they are shite no matter what they did but I'm sure we can afford a wee fine. No biggie.

sfa are clowns for sure but credit where it is due. They took the right stance for once even if u might question the reasons why. Anyway isn't the TA board quiet....nothing to get excited about at all......

No idea why something would think defying FIFA in wearing a political symbol when they were told not to is something to be proud of.  If they were the British Army football team I could perhaps understand it. 

But they're not. 

2 hours ago, teale27 said:

FIFA are correct. Good on FIFA. 

Ah ffs they're not appealing it are they?! :wacko:

This attempt at poppy martyrdom is absolutely pathetic. If they feel that strongly about it, why don't the SFA give a donation to the British Royal Legion or something and keep it out of international games when FIFA have already made it clear that there should be no political symbols at these events. Instead of getting themselves fined by FIFA, they could've made a donation which would've made a lot more sense.

Guest BlueGaz

It is not always about doing what you are told, sometimes in life it is about doing the right thing.  They think they did the right thing, and support for them generally was pretty solid.  I wouldn't appeal though, just move on.

Apologies if someone else has posted this, but here's a list of all of the fines levied in World Cup qualifiers to date by FIFA: http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/02/86/32/72/fifa_disciplinaryoverview_fwcqualifiers_jan2017_neutral.pdf

I daresay FIFA are fining everyone for absolutely anything. As a Canadian I've been going to qualifiers for more than 20 years and I was in the stadium for three of the four matches we were fined over. Compared to some of the things that happened in the past we were very well behaved in those matches and yet we were fined 52,000 Swiss francs for our conduct (twice for insulting chants. Not racist or homophobic chants like our opponents offer, but just insulting) over four matches.  

I'm not going to wade into the debate about wearing them (though to me the symbolism of the poppy feels like it has changed over my lifetime), but I thought I'd give a little context for the fine. Right now FIFA is fining everyone for everything.

cheers, hobbes

40 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

It is not always about doing what you are told, sometimes in life it is about doing the right thing.  They think they did the right thing, and support for them generally was pretty solid.  I wouldn't appeal though, just move on.

The problem was they knew they were defying the rules which are completely reasonable ones to have as they avoid having any potentially controversial displays at other international games. Also they risked (however slightly) a points deduction and I think if Scotland ended up losing out on a playoff spot because of a points deduction, you can pretty sure the support wouldn't be long drying up and heads would be called for.

It would been a far better gesture to organize or donate something for the Royal Legion or other veterans groups

7 minutes ago, irish said:

The problem was they knew they were defying the rules which are completely reasonable ones to have as they avoid having any potentially controversial displays at other international games. Also they risked (however slightly) a points deduction and I think if Scotland ended up losing out on a playoff spot because of a points deduction, you can pretty sure the support wouldn't be long drying up and heads would be called for.

It would been a far better gesture to organize or donate something for the Royal Legion or other veterans groups

There is another more subtle point though.  Not only did they know that they would be breaking the rules, as part of the IFB, the SFA are also the people who make the rules.  So there is a perception of "do as we say, not as we do".