£15,000 Poppy Fine - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

£15,000 Poppy Fine

DoonTheSlope

Guest BlueGaz
10 minutes ago, irish said:

The problem was they knew they were defying the rules which are completely reasonable ones to have as they avoid having any potentially controversial displays at other international games. Also they risked (however slightly) a points deduction and I think if Scotland ended up losing out on a playoff spot because of a points deduction, you can pretty sure the support wouldn't be long drying up and heads would be called for.

It would been a far better gesture to organize or donate something for the Royal Legion or other veterans groups

IMO, there was absolutely no way that FIFA were going to dish out a points deduction, and that is backed up by a token 15k fine being given as punishment, therefore I don't think there was any risk at all.  Of course we will all have differing views on this, but I think they did the right thing.  

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, fishcumnock said:

I thought it was a 2 part fine , the other being because  we booed the queens anthem ?

Will stand corrected if wrong !

I am not sure, but if so, those that booed, but also complain about the Poppy situation can get tae.  Not really a story here.  I hope they don't appeal though.  Has that been decided yet?

Ah, the "show some respect fir oor troops you fücking cünt" poppy zealots are out again. 

The kind of idiots who changed their twitter profile pic to a big poppy with "lest we forget" written under it and think that shows how much they care so much more than everyone else. If you don't agree with them then you are a officially terrorist loving commie who spits on the grave of all the war dead.

Keep all this "poppyfest" nonsense well away from football. 

FIFA are quite right to ban it and fine us.

2 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

I am not sure, but if so, those that booed, but also complain about the Poppy situation can get tae.  

Not really sure what you mean by this?

If you booed that dirge, then you can't complain that the SFA knowingly broke FIFA's rules?

Or am I picking you up wrong?

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Ah, the "show some respect fir oor troops you fücking cünt" poppy zealots are out again. 

The kind of idiots who changed their twitter profile pic to a big poppy with "lest we forget" written under it and think that shows how much they care so much more than everyone else. If you don't agree with them then you are a officially terrorist loving commie who spits on the grave of all the war dead.

:ok:

Guest BlueGaz
43 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Not really sure what you mean by this?

If you booed that dirge, then you can't complain that the SFA knowingly broke FIFA's rules?

Or am I picking you up wrong?

If you booed and got us the fine (not sure if that was a fine or not) then you cannot whine at the fine for the poppy saga.  Surely you are either happy to do what you want and accept the fine, or you're not?

Just now, BlueGaz said:

If you booed and got us the fine (not sure if that was a fine or not) then you cannot whine at the fine for the poppy saga.  Surely you are either happy to do what you want and accept the fine, or you're not?

Were we pre warned not to boo by FIFA?

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

What the fk are you on now?  We are talking about appealing a fine, or not.  No one having a go at one another, until you popped up with your usual shite.

13 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

What the fk are you on now?  We are talking about appealing a fine, or not.  No one having a go at one another, until you popped up with your usual shite.

You've only just gone and demonstrated the typical kind of response from a poppy zealot. :lol:

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

You've only just gone and demonstrated the typical kind of response from a poppy zealot. :lol:

Whatever you say Walter B)

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Very sweet of you indeed.

No sweetness from me, to you, and as I could do with a break, your posts are utterly mad.  You have a go for absolutely no reason, total bellend.

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

:rollsmile:

Then come back with your wee rolly emojis.  I just keep wishing your profile pic is actually you, but then realise its only a finger.  :wave:

5 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

IMO, there was absolutely no way that FIFA were going to dish out a points deduction, and that is backed up by a token 15k fine being given as punishment, therefore I don't think there was any risk at all.  Of course we will all have differing views on this, but I think they did the right thing.  

If you think it's the right thing to do to wear a poppy and you do it then it's your freedom of expression.

If the suits at the SFA decide do it on behalf of Scottish football it's autocratic lunacy.  Stick to the purpose for which the association exists, i.e. promoting and organising Scottish football.  Leave the political posturing to a more appropriate arena.  I don't support the poppy in its current incarnation and I don't want to see my national football team wearing it on my behalf.

4 hours ago, adamntg said:

If you think it's the right thing to do to wear a poppy and you do it then it's your freedom of expression.

If the suits at the SFA decide do it on behalf of Scottish football it's autocratic lunacy.  Stick to the purpose for which the association exists, i.e. promoting and organising Scottish football.  Leave the political posturing to a more appropriate arena.  I don't support the poppy in its current incarnation and I don't want to see my national football team wearing it on my behalf.

:ok:I concur.

On 2/10/2017 at 11:42 AM, aaid said:

There is another more subtle point though.  Not only did they know that they would be breaking the rules, as part of the IFB, the SFA are also the people who make the rules.  So there is a perception of "do as we say, not as we do".

Excellent post.