Respect the National anthems - Page 3 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Respect the National anthems

alanrevie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why people are concerned about the minute's silence being interrupted - no reason it would be and no matter how pished you are it'll be well kent what date it is.

As for the anthem, I've nothing against England or the English, but the song they sing before matches shows more disrespect than I will be showing if I choose to boo it.

Edited by Daniel1875

4 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

Thousands of Scots who fought and died in numerous wars are being remembered. Got a horrible feeling it will be ruined by people being too pished to realise what's going on, hope I'm wrong. I live in London and will never hear the end of it.

Sorry but that's what the minutes silence is for, not that dirge.

You better get used to it, as it'll be booed to fcuk.

On Wednesday, November 09, 2016 at 9:31 AM, alanrevie said:

Does anyone else agree that we should respect the English National anthem?

It's a bit hypocritical if we call ourselves respectful but make excuses for one opponent, even if it is the auld enemy!

What a fookin tool.

Even though I didn't boo I generally think it's made into a bigger issue than it needs to be.  They boo ours we boo the UK anthem big whoop!!  The lack of respect notion is nonsense as well, we are rivals!

Edited by Radian

On 09/11/2016 at 11:40 AM, KingKennyMcLean said:

That'll sure show them!!

What's with all this "turning my back" on GSTQ anyway!? If you face the other way from where noise is coming from, can you not hear it? I'll maybe need to give that a try sometime, just not on Friday night.

I'll humour you.

Yes i can hear it, would you rather i stick my fingers in my ears and loudly go lalalala?

Its not designed to show anyone anything its my personal reaction to that particular anthem. Try it, it might be more satisfying than the ones screaming about it.

On 11/9/2016 at 9:31 AM, alanrevie said:

Does anyone else agree that we should respect the English National anthem?

I

If they had one, then i fully believe we would, however they take the UK one and claim it as their own.....    Its their arrogance about this i dislike. 

The Tartan Army very rarely boo the N.A. of other countries, i have only ever heard GSTQ.being boo'ed 

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The Irish and Polish was booed aswell. We really aren't a nice bunch :spin:

I dont recall that, however we do have people in Scotland who have an irrational  dislike for the Irish....  so i imagine it would be one particular demographic that booed that one...... Probably the same guys who actually sing along to GSTQ  

11 hours ago, stocky said:

I dont recall that, however we do have people in Scotland who have an irrational  dislike for the Irish....  so i imagine it would be one particular demographic that booed that one...... Probably the same guys who actually sing along to GSTQ  

Who apparently don't go and watch Scotland any more, so go figure.