Launch Of Pro-Independence Newspaper - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Launch Of Pro-Independence Newspaper

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this paper continues but I do have my doubts. The guardian reported that sales fell 10,000 on Wed to a still impressive 50,000. Would be interested to know today's sales as they printed 100,000 for this edition.

I have made an effort this week to buy one every day but I didn't even read it every day. I imagine most people buying it will be people like me who don't normally buy a newspaper. I hope sales don't fall away over time as the novelity and effort of yes supporters declines. Will it still be selling well in a year? In 5 years? I have my doubts.

I'm always surprised that there nearly always seems to be room on the planogram (is that right?) for The Irish Times and The Irish Independent, often with a third Irish paper too. This is true of the big 4 supermarkets as well as the smaller stores in the indy buying groups - Londis, Co-op, Spar etc

In my part of Hampshire I'd bet there are are more Scots than Irish but other than an occasional Record, you rarely see a Scottish paper on the stands.

If you are talking about the newspaper stand there were at least 5 empty spaces

Maybe there was a run on the people's friend. It's a supermarket, if it sells they will stock it. Morrisons have shite systems though and it takes them longer to get something onto range than the others. Oh, and they are based in Bradford, the land that time forgot.

Heard from inside the daily record this week that editorial and political position is controlled directly by Trinity in London...... micro-managed too...

always suspected it but first time I've heard it from such a credible source.....

Tbh I always thought it was controlled directly from Labour Party HQ - suppose they have strong links with Trinity Mirror.

Ive bought it every day but i think it is now ripping it a bit

For your 50p -

No football results from night before apart from selected games

No football fixtures for that evening

STILL no TV listings

No racecards - not important but still how hard would it be

Crossword is compiled by Sheldon Lee Cooper

If it does not improve im moving on - and i have advised them of my gripes

Ive bought it every day but i think it is now ripping it a bit

For your 50p -

No football results from night before apart from selected games

No football fixtures for that evening

STILL no TV listings

No racecards - not important but still how hard would it be

Crossword is compiled by Sheldon Lee Cooper

If it does not improve im moving on - and i have advised them of my gripes

Yep. Bought it today for the first time since the pilot. Still very light on content.

I'd imagine now that the publishers have committed to it they will be in the process of hiring more staff and putting out more content. Surely!?

"according to unofficial industry estimates." What does that mean?

And, that number doesn't take into account the online sales.

Pretty sloppy reporting but as long as they can get a negative headline out of it, that's all that matters.

What is the Guardian's corculation in Scotland?