6 Nations - Who’s going? - Page 7 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 Nations - Who’s going?

Bristolhibby

53 minutes ago, Dairbee said:

He does, but was surprisingly gracious in defeat on Saturday. 

Looking at the video again, it looks more like some lads on the lash that are going to Old Trafford and have been on the sauce since early morning.  

Deflect deflect deflect 

If in doubt blame football fans

25 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Deflect deflect deflect 

They are bawbags, and I’d guess most football fans wouldn’t know who Jones was. Like Rangers fans claiming it was Chelsea fans etc.

26 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Deflect deflect deflect 

It’s a valid point, football fans are more likely to behave that way. That’s doesnt mean it was football fans nor doesn’t mean it wasn’t rugby fans.

35 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Deflect deflect deflect 

Whose blaming football fans? You can take an interest in both sports you know.

I was trying to look behind the story rather than talksports headline "scotland rugby fans shame"

Have a look at the lads in the video, dressed up for the day, on a Sunday when Man U and Chelsea are in town, pished at 1pm. 

My money's on them going to the football rather than them on the way home from Murrayfield. 

Someone on another forum saying there had been a bit of carry on inside the station. Wouldn’t surprise me if these bams found out who he was inside the station and followed him out. Why is someone filming after all?

Surely some journo will be able to do a name and shame article soon? 

Won't make any games this year but I've got my tickets lined up for the Rugby World Cup in Japan next year - anyone else going? I decided that there was no point in waiting for the footballers to qualify for anything.

Have got tickets for all four Scotland group games but the down side is that with it being rugby the games are spaced out so far apart - three weeks between the first game against Ireland and the fourth game against Japan, so no chance of me getting away for that long. Will probably skip the Ireland game and aim to get to the other three. Should be superb...

12 hours ago, neilser said:

Won't make any games this year but I've got my tickets lined up for the Rugby World Cup in Japan next year - anyone else going? I decided that there was no point in waiting for the footballers to qualify for anything.

Have got tickets for all four Scotland group games but the down side is that with it being rugby the games are spaced out so far apart - three weeks between the first game against Ireland and the fourth game against Japan, so no chance of me getting away for that long. Will probably skip the Ireland game and aim to get to the other three. Should be superb...

Looking at getting a package for all games in Osaka or Kobe. Both are handy for where I'm based. Looking forward to it.

On 03/03/2018 at 3:33 AM, DonnyTJS said:

Looking at getting a package for all games in Osaka or Kobe. Both are handy for where I'm based. Looking forward to it.

You’ll get to see Scotland in their second game if you go for Kobe - probably be against Samoa.

On 02/03/2018 at 2:49 PM, neilser said:

Did you do the follow the team package?

Giving serious consideration to going but no idea how to get tickets. I have a few contacts in rugby clubs in Scotland. Might even try through my local club down here that I am a member at.

J

8 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Did you do the follow the team package?

Giving serious consideration to going but no idea how to get tickets. I have a few contacts in rugby clubs in Scotland. Might even try through my local club down here that I am a member at.

J

Aye - had to register on the RWC tickets site. It's a pretty good system - there's still time to register and there's another opportunity to apply later this year:

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets?lang=en

Kinghorn into the XV for the Ireland game as Seymour hasn't recovered from an injury. Big game to be making your first start in, the Irish will target him but he seems to respond well to a challenge from what I've seen so far. Lee Jones and Fraser Brown on to the bench the only other changes. I would've been tempted to stick Richie Gray onto the bench as well but that might have been too many guys just back from injury and too big a risk. 

Not expecting to win this, it's the performance that matters. 

57 minutes ago, bonzo said:

We made the chances today, just threw the ball away at the crucial moments. 

One of the most frustrating games I've ever seen. 3 gilt edged chances missed. If we'd got them and converted we'd have won today. ☹️

1 hour ago, bonzo said:

We made the chances today, just threw the ball away at the crucial moments. 

The Scotland of old.

Lineouts were awful.

Shame, as they were there for the taking.

On to Rome. A must win.

J

18 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

The Scotland of old.

Lineouts were awful.

Shame, as they were there for the taking.

On to Rome. A must win.

J

I wouldn't say Scotland of old, some of our play especially in the first half was breath taking. Agree our line out was pish. 

5 minutes ago, bonzo said:

I wouldn't say Scotland of old, some of our play especially in the first half was breath taking. Agree our line out was pish. 

I mean the white line fright. 

I agree, we have a joie de vie which is great to watch. 

J

Didn't feel like a 20 point match, but conceded four tries and never quite felt we would win it. The failure to take chances was a huge factor, that's at least 3 clear overlaps and easy run ins for tries we've missed in two games. Not good enough. Not sure the enthusiasm for the long miss pass is a good idea either, it seems to cost us more often than it benefits. Not a bad performance, but still too many avoidable mistakes. A couple of changes for next week, if Townsend and the players can retain the level of focus and intensity for the Italy game we can finish of a really up and down 6Ns with three wins and a stronger looking squad overall.

2 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Didn't feel like a 20 point match, but conceded four tries and never quite felt we would win it. The failure to take chances was a huge factor, that's at least 3 clear overlaps and easy run ins for tries we've missed in two games. Not good enough. Not sure the enthusiasm for the long miss pass is a good idea either, it seems to cost us more often than it benefits. Not a bad performance, but still too many avoidable mistakes. A couple of changes for next week, if Townsend and the players can retain the level of focus and intensity for the Italy game we can finish of a really up and down 6Ns with three wins and a stronger looking squad overall.

The massive changing point was the try we gifted them. Russell looking for an extravagant and unneeded long pass that was intercepted on halfway for a breakaway try. At that point we led 3-0 and we were on the front foot. The match changed somewhat thereafter.