6 Nations - Who’s going? - Page 8 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 Nations - Who’s going?

Bristolhibby

15 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The massive changing point was the try we gifted them. Russell looking for an extravagant and unneeded long pass that was intercepted on halfway for a breakaway try. At that point we led 3-0 and we were on the front foot. The match changed somewhat thereafter.

Did you watch the game?;)

For me the crucial mistake was the Huw Jones missed pass to Hogg in the first half when it looked easier to score than not. If we had scored that try we would probably have gone in at half time in the lead instead of 14 - 3 down. That would have been a huge psychological  advantage

Edited by Orraloon

25 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Did you watch the game?;)

For me the crucial mistake was the Huw Jones missed pass to Hogg in the first half when it looked easier to score than not. If we had scored that try we would probably have gone in at half time in the lead instead of 14 - 3 down. That would have been a huge psychological  advantage

Yes I did. For me the initial blow of being on top and leading, on the attack and gifting a try changede the course of the match. Of course we missed golden chances as well but gifting Ireland a lead on their own soil was criminal.

Thoroughly enjoyable weekend.  Seats in the Aviva were excellent (thank you Tatsy). Who builds a stadium with three sides though?!

After 20 minutes we were looking very good.  Tempo was there, ambition was there, offloads were good and the Irish were sinking further back.  Nerves were just beginning to show from them and there was no atmosphere in the stadium.  However, a bad pass from Horne (I assume it was meant for Jones but went sailing over his head) and everything seemed to change.  Even then, if Jones manages to find Hogg, we go in at half time leading.  We gave Ireland hope and to be fair, they fully capitalised.  

So who’s going to Rome.

Looks like it’s going to be pishing down all weekend. 

Standard Scotland trip of old.

I think my 4 Scotland away trips for the footie were part of a downpour.

It wasn’t until the Prague friendly in 2008 where I experienced heat on a trip for the first time. Closely followed by Skopje in September that year.

J

SCOTLAND SQUAD FOR NATWEST 6 NATIONS

FORWARDS (20)

John Barclay CAPTAIN (Scarlets)

Simon Berghan (Edinburgh Rugby)

Jamie Bhatti (Glasgow Warriors)

Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors)

Scott Cummings (Glasgow Warriors)

David Denton (Worcester Warriors)

Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors)

Matt Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors)

Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh Rugby)

Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors)

Richie Gray (Toulouse)

Luke Hamilton (Leicester Tigers)

Scott Lawson (Newcastle Falcons)

Darryl Marfo (Edinburgh Rugby)

Stuart McInally (Edinburgh Rugby)

Willem Nel (Edinburgh Rugby)

Gordon Reid (London Irish)

Tim Swinson (Glasgow Warriors)

Hamish Watson (Edinburgh Rugby)

Ryan Wilson (Glasgow Warriors)

BACKS (18)

Nick Grigg (Glasgow Warriors)

Chris Harris (Newcastle Falcons)

Adam Hastings (Glasgow Warriors)

Stuart Hogg (Glasgow Warriors)

George Horne (Glasgow Warriors)

Pete Horne (Glasgow Warriors)

Ruaridh Jackson (Glasgow Warriors)

Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors)

Lee Jones (Glasgow Warriors)

Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh Rugby)

Greig Laidlaw (Clermont Auvergne)

Sean Maitland (Saracens)

Byron McGuigan (Sale Sharks)

Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors)

Finn Russell (Glasgow Warriors)

Matt Scott (Gloucester)

Tommy Seymour (Glasgow Warriors)

Richie Vernon (Glasgow Warriors)

On 09/01/2018 at 11:56 AM, Bristolhibby said:

Nearly that time of year. Scotland should be looking to build on last year, with two of the better teams coming to Fortress Murrayfield and a stuttering Wales team. I also believe we have genuine depth now in the players available. Forwards providing very good platform for our deadly backline.

Should be very intresting.

I’m making the short journey from Bath to Cardiff for the opener and heading to Rome for the final game against Italy.

Who else is going to the games and what’s your thoughts?

J

I'm heading to Rome for the match on Saturday for my first visit there. If you've been before can you give me the heads up on where the Scots fans mainly head for after the game. I've checked out The Highlander and Tam O'Shanter pubs plus 2 or 3 Irish pubs that'll probably be jumping as it St. Paddys day and the Irish could win the grand slam.

Cheers 

On 01/03/2018 at 8:00 AM, Dairbee said:

I see theres a video of Eddie Jones at Piccadilly station getting some verbals off some drunk Scottish lads. 

Its pretty cringworthy and embarrassing, those lads look idiots. 

Granted but what goes around comes around. Apparently, the same Eddie Jones has openly described Wales as 'a shitty little place' and laments a loss against Ireland recently as sorry for losing against the 'scummy Irish'.

It all comes across a bit like the Carragher incident. Neither party can be held up as bastions of goodness with each being odious.

Compared to where we were pre-Vern we're made excellent progress and seem to have a bit more strength in depth. It wasn't pretty today and first half we were poor but showed character to grind out a win courtesy of Laidlaw' s boot. Hope no one believes the hype about being the Northern hemisphere All Blacks as there's no room for complacency if we want to take it to the next level.

For anyone who says Accies are anti-football (I don't agree btw); did they watch Wales' 2nd half vs France?   OK, there's an art in defence, but RU spends every season ironing out 'boring' stuff and trying to promote an attacking game.   A very strange game.

Earlier, I was very sympathetic re. Italy.   A big part of me wanting them to get a result, though we've been pish there many a time.   Then again, do we ever get a break against them at fitba? :lol:

Why do Italy reserve their best performance for against us?  That's the best I've seen Italy play since 2000.  If they had played like that against wal,eng or fra they would have won those games.

I think we did really well to get out of an away venue with a win yesterday.  Italy made no handling errors in first 60 mins and had real variety to their attack.  Why did they just give up in their other 4 games and not play that way.

Good result in end to grind/play out win.  Same with France game, not at our best but superior fitness and intelligence show in last 20 mins.  Plus our forwards are real warriors, align that with our skillfull fast backs, we could be going somewhere over the next couple of years.

Just doing some tourist stuff.

Sadly my flight to Bristol has been binned off because of the snow. Earliest flight home is now Tuesday.

My missus is raging. Ho-hum, time for some more beers.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby