Josh Taylor - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Josh Taylor

vanderark14

Watched the press conference when Ohara lorded it, gave good ol' Landan back chat to some lads who were getting mouthy..... was a good fight last night, that ohara ended up getting we'll beat in. Ohara was nowhere to be seen when the official result was declared in the ring.

Josh Taylor looks very capable.

37 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

No worries. Thanks for reading it Parklife

I do disagree with you though, i felt Taylor won both the opening two rounds. Even from early on O'Hara was throwing a high volume of punches and missing with pretty much them all. While Taylor's work was much more measured and precise. Although, to be fair, the first couple of rounds (the first especially), both fighters were just feeling their way in to it. Not that much to split them on. 

Happy to bow to your superior knowledge though. 

On 10/07/2017 at 10:00 AM, Parklife said:

I do disagree with you though, i felt Taylor won both the opening two rounds. Even from early on O'Hara was throwing a high volume of punches and missing with pretty much them all. While Taylor's work was much more measured and precise. Although, to be fair, the first couple of rounds (the first especially), both fighters were just feeling their way in to it. Not that much to split them on. 

Happy to bow to your superior knowledge though. 

It's cool. Plenty other observers gave Taylor the opening round also. I just thought Davies' ring generalship was better in that particular session which swung a tight, feel in round his way. Rest of the fight though one way traffic for Josh.

• 7 months later...
13 hours ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Seen he’s called out broner on twitter . Think he’s too good for broner and would skelp him 

Unfortunately Broner confirmed his opponent a few hours later.

If Josh keeps progressing like he is I reckon he will have a world title fight next year.

I've watched most of his fights on TV, the boy looks good. He looked the part when beating O'hara Davies. Would like to see him fight Ricky Burns. I was always a Burns fan, been to a couple of his fights, however, was disappointed when Burns said he hoped for a Davies win, his stablemate, understandable. If they fought i would fancy a Taylor win, would be a cracking fight.

10 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

I've watched most of his fights on TV, the boy looks good. He looked the part when beating O'hara Davies. Would like to see him fight Ricky Burns. I was always a Burns fan, been to a couple of his fights, however, was disappointed when Burns said he hoped for a Davies win, his stablemate, understandable. If they fought i would fancy a Taylor win, would be a cracking fight.

I was more impressed with his win against Vazquez. 

On 3/8/2018 at 12:28 PM, biffer said:

Saw him win the Commonwealth gold medal at the Hydro in Glasgow four years ago. Looked a good fighter then. 

I went to both of the gold medal sessions that day, had seats about 3 rows from the ring. Was a great day out. Taylor and Flynn winning obviously the highlight. 

Lowlight being Nicola Adams being awarded the gold over the NI girl, who looked a clear victor from where i was sitting.