George Square - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

George Square

Scum of the earth and the sfa in their wisdom are giving the rangers money for using ibrox when some of their so called fans act like this against scots.Then the sfa organise a game against england 2 months after a referendum on scottish independance wtf and who tf dreams up this shite.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got rid of 4 because they were no voters

No discussion, no arguments, they didnt even post any BT stuff or that - just unfriended

Wasnt even in the heat of the moment

Someone later also told me to get over it as i posted something referendum related - comment deleted & unfriended

Totally ruthless - i'll have much less than less than 50 at this rate lol

i got rid of 4 because they were no voters

No discussion, no arguments, they didnt even post any BT stuff or that - just unfriended

Wasnt even in the heat of the moment

Someone later also told me to get over it as i posted something referendum related - comment deleted & unfriended

Totally ruthless - i'll have much less than less than 50 at this rate lol

I got rid of someone who posted nothing about the referendum - I would have probably deleted her, but I can't believe at 0700 am she posted up something like "OMG. I'm so tired, i slept for 12 hrs last night but still tired. cant wait to go to the cinema tonight"

She must have been the 14% who never turned out.

On the otherside - my only No friend who eventually didn't vote. I met him tonight and I burst out crying, he held me and hugged me like my mother would and rubbed my back and said he was sorry that I was so upset and told me nice things. He didn't vote, but he would have voted no, very gay it sounds, but we have to build bridges with our no pals/colleagues, but we can still continue to fight for Yes.

19th of September - we pick ourselves up and we go again!

We all do. All us Yessers.

As civil unrest breaks out on the streets of Glasgow, large groups of Unionists are singing racist songs, attacking asian Scots, burning the Saltire, making Nazi salutes and singing God Save the Queen. They are claiming it is 'punishment for Glasgow voting Yes'.

Be in no doubt this victory was handed to them by the over 65's who voted 75% No. They have robbed the youth of this country of democracy and a future. In return for their vote, they can hang on to the second lowest pensions in the developed world, the worst pensioner poverty in the EU and provide support for a man who stole £100Bn from private pensions funds.

They voted to leave our country without democracy and defenceless against the bankers, Tories and privateers who will now strip our nation of its wealth and drive our young talent out of the country.

As I watch this I am embarrassed to be Scottish, but above all I am shamed by a generation who voted for fear, sentiment, ignorance and selfishness....... the saddest part is there is no protection for them. Westminster will serve collective punishment on them too.

"An' forward, tho' I canna see, I guess an' fear....."

As civil unrest breaks out on the streets of Glasgow, large groups of Unionists are singing racist songs, attacking asian Scots, burning the Saltire, making Nazi salutes and singing God Save the Queen. They are claiming it is 'punishment for Glasgow voting Yes'.

Be in no doubt this victory was handed to them by the over 65's who voted 75% No. They have robbed the youth of this country of democracy and a future. In return for their vote, they can hang on to the second lowest pensions in the developed world, the worst pensioner poverty in the EU and provide support for a man who stole £100Bn from private pensions funds.

They voted to leave our country without democracy and defenceless against the bankers, Tories and privateers who will now strip our nation of its wealth and drive our young talent out of the country.

As I watch this I am embarrassed to be Scottish, but above all I am shamed by a generation who voted for fear, sentiment, ignorance and selfishness....... the saddest part is there is no protection for them. Westminster will serve collective punishment on them too.

Don't believe this it's not based on the actual polls.

This is how the Times are reporting it - http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/scotland/referendum/article4211236.ece

Stunning lies.

When it comes to Rangers, I reckon I'm done. For years I've went to Ibrox and blanked out the idiots, ignored the sectarianism, and concentrated on supporting the team. Now? I can't stomach the thought of being surrounded by these triumphalist c*nts, gloating about a No vote. I can't see me being back at Ibrox (apart from the Georgia game) anytime soon.

This is how the Times are reporting it - http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/scotland/referendum/article4211236.ece

Stunning lies.

When it comes to Rangers, I reckon I'm done. For years I've went to Ibrox and blanked out the idiots, ignored the sectarianism, and concentrated on supporting the team. Now? I can't stomach the thought of being surrounded by these triumphalist c*nts, gloating about a No vote. I can't see me being back at Ibrox (apart from the Georgia game) anytime soon.

I didn't think I could get more disgusted, but I am after reading that. Fiction. I'll never buy another paper. Never believe anything I see on TV again.

As for the next Rangers game, it'll be fukkin horrible. I despair.

The oldies I can forgive, to an extent, given the way the unionists targeted them with their scare stories and the fact that the Yes campaign (IMHO) didn't adequately allay their fears.

However, it is the bankers, Tories and privateers, the vultures who lent on people during this campaign and who were ultimately successful, who I reserve my disgust for. It matters not a jot to them that young, working class people are knocking lumps out of each other, or - and I really, really hope this rumour isn't true - that a 15-year-old boy has died, just so long as their snouts remain in the trough.

I don't know how anyone could possibly give the Orange/Loyalists scum in Scotland the benefit of the doubt.

In the past I've came across perfectly intelligent people saying, "their harmless, it's just the daft young boys following them that give them a bad name" or "I don't agree with them but their a part of Scottish life and good fun to watch" or the all time cracker "The Orange Order is a peaceful non-sectarian organisation."

"Orange culture" needs to be systematically destroyed in Scotland.

Oh and whilst we're on it, their beloved inbred, leeching royal family can go can away and .......

Over the last day or so I have tried to put a positive spin on the result, but no longer.

We heard that during the Yes Campaign should condemn the cybernats and those who intimidated voters, tonight we see real violence by No supporters and we hear nothing from Better Together or the parties that where part of the Campaign.

We in Scotland continually shy away from dealing with Sectarian strain of British Unionism which is personified by the Orange Lodge and some Rangers supporters, after tonight we can't use the excuse that is just a football problem or a minority. We need to tackle it head on and make sure that it is eradicated from our Society.

The headlines lead with a clash between rival groups. The main stories talk about loyalist and unionist thugs but headlines continue in the same misleading manner we have become use to during the referendum. It would make you greet.

Wake up Friday morning (well stayed up/slept on and off) with such excitement and optimism. Wake up The following morning to this. There has never been such a steep depressing slide in my life.

Edited by Return of Yermaw

there is absolutely no doubt that there would have been agitators on both sides. Anyone who does not think that is being dishonest. The loyalists and the hangers on show incredible levels of thickness and being manipulated by a certain politically extreme group who probably where not even in the square last night.

Edited by EddardStark

Eddard in usual attempt to tar the other side as well without fully condemning these thugs. I've always thought you were an idiot and I've never made a secret of it. You continue to prove it time and time again.

Anyone heard of some sort of attempt to burn down the herald building by unionists? No idea if its true or not as the only source is facebook

there is absolutely no doubt that there would have been agitators on both sides. Anyone who does not think that is being dishonest. The loyalists and the hangers on show incredible levels of thickness and being manipulated by a certain politically extreme group who probably where not even in the square last night.

Agitators - yes. The thugs though were only on one side. If you think they were being manipulated then you are delusional.

FFS, c'mon - take your UJ glass's off and look at the real picture , 2 groups coming into the square from different directions waving UJ's and they are not looking for trouble.

The divide of this nation is now wider than it has been for centuries

Eddard in usual attempt to tar the other side as well without fully condemning these thugs. I've always thought you were an idiot and I've never made a secret of it. You continue to prove it time and time again.

Anyone heard of some sort of attempt to burn down the herald building by unionists? No idea if its true or not as the only source is facebook

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bx7az2jIQAACFeq.jpg:large

Sunday Herald confirmed it on Twitter. They say they'll be printing the truth in their paper.

Edited by Al1978

The fire was a coincidence and nothing to do with the naive manipulated loyalist thugs in GS.