George Square - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

George Square

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I think being wished dead on forums because of how I voted, is the same level as George Square fighting. If you disagree, I respect that.

It's a bit drastic I agree, but if it helps in any way to stop these people inciting riots at every opportunity and kills their irrational hatred for everything they don't agree with, then I maintain what I said.

The Rangers football club may distance itself from this, but it's the source. It's where these type of people meet and generate ideas to cause devastation to Scotland, and her decent, law abiding people.

Let me guess, the Rangers forums, twitter and facebook are awash with messages about Scotland remaining a protestant nation, not surrendering and other bile that is associated with sectarianism.

Any Rangers fans who are disgusted by the actions of their fellow fans last night are welcome at Firhill. We are an inclusive club, have fans from all walks of life and are neutral on the religious divide.

Edited by OLAS

Let's agree to disagree. This has nothing to do with Rangers. Rangers were irrelevant last night. This board wants it to be that. That is all.

If rangers die, they won't change. Last night would have still happened. Hence I used the word delusional.

And the comments I mentioned, albeit are not mainly on here, aren't the stupid ones aimed at rangers, but the ones aimed at no voters. I haven't got time to dig them out. But will later if you wish.

Started to worry yesterday I made a mistake, now gone the other way. You voted yes because you believed in what Scotland is capable of, today. I have since seen another side of what we are capable of.

And had it been me posting that pish to you, I would have been outa here quicker than you could type fk off.

I'm a member here because it's a TA football board, sorry, was a football board. You'll be pleased to hear this is my last post. I'm interested in talking about recent events. Which is why I came back after a long absence. But it's clear now.

So good luck with the fight. May join it one day, who knows.

This has nothing to do with Rangers.

Real head in the sand stuff. Of course it has something to do with Rangers.

A club who encourages these morons by releasing orange (sorry, 'dutch tribute') 3rd strips or allows the majority of their stadium to sing sectarian songs every week is very much part of the problem and very much a part of fuelling the culture that we saw last night.

Yes, if Rangers had died then last night may have still happened....but it happened partly due to Rangers not doing enough to erradicate the SIGNIFICANT part of their support which enjoys this behaviour.

What a very sad evening. 18 months of showing the world how interested we are in our future, followed by a night where we showed part of our society still live in the distant past.

Edited by big_matt

And support ayr ? That would be a form of self -flagellation .

the prompt put up self - flatulence hahaha !p

Would rather that than be associated with the vermin that seems to want to be part of not just one other country but two!

Let's agree to disagree. This has nothing to do with Rangers. Rangers were irrelevant last night. This board wants it to be that. That is all.

If rangers die, they won't change. Last night would have still happened. Hence I used the word delusional.

And the comments I mentioned, albeit are not mainly on here, aren't the stupid ones aimed at rangers, but the ones aimed at no voters. I haven't got time to dig them out. But will later if you wish.

Started to worry yesterday I made a mistake, now gone the other way. You voted yes because you believed in what Scotland is capable of, today. I have since seen another side of what we are capable of.

And had it been me posting that pish to you, I would have been outa here quicker than you could type fk off.

I'm a member here because it's a TA football board, sorry, was a football board. You'll be pleased to hear this is my last post. I'm interested in talking about recent events. Which is why I came back after a long absence. But it's clear now.

So good luck with the fight. May join it one day, who knows.

Your right, rangers have nothing to do with what happened last night. Just a load of folk with rangers tops singing rangers songs and waving flags normally seen at ibrox.

What place does the red hand of ulster have in scotland?

Real head in the sand stuff. Of course it has something to do with Rangers.

A club who allows the majority of their stadium to sing sectarian songs every week is very much part of the problem and very much a part of fuelling the culture that we saw last night.

I'm in no way defending or condoning what happened last night but this part of your post is just incorrect.

As I said elsewhere the referendum result I can deal with. The majority voted No; democracy is imperfect, but that's how it works, move on. But the violence in and around George Square is another thing. Loyalist thugs attacking people at a peaceful post vote rally, co-ordinated groups of UJ waiving morons setting about individuals in side streets, mobs of knuckle-dragging scum assaulting young girls for having the audacity to have a saltire in the middle of Scotland's largest city. This is disgusting and everyone, including our media, should be outraged by it. Eddard, your post above is disgrace, and unworthy of you.

Edited by Pool Q

I'm in no way defending or condoning what happened last night but this part of your post is just incorrect.

What's incorrect about it? Are you disputing that more than half your stadium has on occasion engaged in singing no surrender etc? I've heard it ear splittingly loud - a 'tiny minority' with hidden megaphones?

I notice you also left out my point about your club selling orange jerseys. Has that contributed to the culture we saw last night?

Will we see any Rangers greats come out today and say the Rangers flags flown last night, and Rangers tops worn, in no way represent their club and are not real fans?

To say Rangers and their fans have played absolutely no part in fuelling the culture we saw displayed last night is delusional.

Edited by big_matt

It's a bit drastic I agree, but if it helps in any way to stop these people inciting riots at every opportunity and kills their irrational hatred for everything they don't agree with, then I maintain what I said.

The Rangers football club may distance itself from this, but it's the source. It's where these type of people meet and generate ideas to cause devastation to Scotland, and her decent, law abiding people.

Let me guess, the Rangers forums, twitter and facebook are awash with messages about Scotland remaining a protestant nation, not surrendering and other bile that is associated with sectarianism.

Any Rangers fans who are disgusted by the actions of their fellow fans last night are welcome at Firhill. We are an inclusive club, have fans from all walks of life and are neutral on the religious divide.

:ok:

The only down side is the team has a habit of giving you a little slice of that '19th September feeling' on a fairly regular basis.

As for the pondlife in George Square last night, it makes me wonder what their reaction would have been if the Yes side had won the referendum.