EU Referendum - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Given that Remain is now in full terror overdrive I can't see them getting less than 60%. The British people do love to be terrorised.

Remain is good. However, I'm not looking forward to David "saviour of all unions" Cameron lording it around europe with thst smug look on his face. We all know it was down to Gordon Brown's intervention anyway...

5 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

I thought that about 'No' voters in 2014.

The terror campaign in the last week of the scot referendum did a good job and seemed to lead to the 90% turnout (90% my arse...but that's another story). Those extra people mainly consisted of the lazy no voters (and the dead most probably). Those are the same people that will vote remain to keep their house price rising.

4 minutes ago, braveheart_lynch said:

More likely silent Leavers too affraid to speak out in case they are branded a racist or supporter of Nigel Farage and UKIP.

There's more to a Leave vote other than immigration but unfortunately it has taken over the debate. I think remain will win, but it will be close.

I think that is Leave's biggest advantage; that plus it is more likely their support will be motivated to go out and vote.  I know people said that about the Yes support during the independence referendum but I don't get the impression that the scare tactics have had much affect this time, nor do I think this referendum has had the same kind of emotional resonance as the indyref.

Being branded a xenophobe/racist (and unfortunately I've seen plenty of that from Remain supporters on social media, if not from official campaigners) does have some traction though and is likely to affect what people tell pollsters or even what they say amongst friends, especially so after the Jo Cox murder.

That said, I expect Remain will win, probably by around 53 to 47 on a 65% turn out.

I agree with you, it's a shame the left-wing case for leaving the EU has barely been heard at all, at least not in the MSM anyway.

Or England to vote leave by such a large margin and scotland to vote stay thereby provoking another indyref and the betrayal of one of the no campaigns primary warning that EU membership would only be guaranteed within the UK.

Interesting times, but we need england to vote leave. I might even cheer them on if they play before the vote. If they win at he football even more of the window lickers will vote to leave.

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

Or England to vote leave by such a large margin and scotland to vote stay thereby provoking another indyref and the betrayal of one of the no campaigns primary warning that EU membership would only be guaranteed within the UK.

Interesting times, but we need england to vote leave. I might even cheer them on if they play before the vote. If they win at he football even more of the window lickers will vote to leave.

Getting well and truly rogered by Germany might have helped but that's not going to happen for a couple of weeks yet, in the Semi Final. 

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Getting well and truly rogered by Germany might have helped but that's not going to happen for a couple of weeks yet, in the Semi Final. 

pity. Getting beat by throat cutting albanians would also tip them over the edge, as would lazy dago bastards, greasy wops, thick irish bastards, garlic eating french twats, sheep shagging welsh turds etc.

Edited by scoobydoo