Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 189 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I am capable of listening and reading & understanding, so yes, i know exactly what he said. 

You think it is acceptable for the assistant manager of Scotland and an SFA employee, to comment on the manager of an SFA member club's future? 

Your club closing in on second place by any chance Parkie? Let's unsettle the manager!

29 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Your club closing in on second place by any chance Parkie? Let's unsettle the manager!

Aye, i'm sure it's all totally normal and that all around the world, national side assistant managers are speculating wildly on the future of managers of their employer's member clubs.

Must've happened loads in Scotland in the past, i bet. I bet managers of Rangers and Celtic have been subject to this kind of speculation by assistant managers of Scotland loads of times. 

A totally common situation and in no way meant to undermine AFC... :rolleyes: 

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

A totally common situation and in no way meant to undermine AFC... :rolleyes: 

Maybe not a common situation but do you think there's some sort of plot to undermine Aberdeen?! That's old firm type patter.

McFadden has been asked a question, given an honest answer (probably been a bit too honest) but I don't think there's any malice in it other than him giving an honest answer.

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Maybe not a common situation

Can you give me examples from history of it every happening before? Just one would at least give us a starting point. 

As i'd say "not common" is a misleading way to describe it, as it appears to be "completely unprecedented". Would be good to be proven wrong on this... 

but do you think there's some sort of plot to undermine Aberdeen?! That's old firm type patter.

I think the Scottish media is complicit in attempting to under-mine any club that dares to upset their Old Firm apple-cart. 

I'm surprised you haven't noticed how frequently in the run up to games vs either Rangers or Celtic, or in situations like Aberdeen are currently in, the media find an angle to unsettle a club/player/manager. 

McFadden has been asked a question, given an honest answer (probably been a bit too honest) but I don't think there's any malice in it other than him giving an honest answer.

I don't even blame him that much. I mainly blame the broadcaster. Sportsound has went from a very fine Football show to a horrendous Clyde 1 style, moron-packed horror-show. Kenny McIntyre is abysmal, while guests such as Darryl Broadfoot, Keith Jackson and Kris Boyd just drag the show down several rungs of the intellectual ladder.

However, if McFadden is too thick to be able to act professionally, then he shouldn't be doing any media work. 

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Can you give me examples from history of it every happening before? Just one would at least give us a starting point. 

As i'd say "not common" is a misleading way to describe it, as it appears to be "completely unprecedented". Would be good to be proven wrong on this... 

I think the Scottish media is complicit in attempting to under-mine any club that dares to upset their Old Firm apple-cart. 

I'm surprised you haven't noticed how frequently in the run up to games vs either Rangers or Celtic, or in situations like Aberdeen are currently in, the media find an angle to unsettle a club/player/manager. 

I don't even blame him that much. I mainly blame the broadcaster. Sportsound has went from a very fine Football show to a horrendous Clyde 1 style, moron-packed horror-show. Kenny McIntyre is abysmal, while guests such as Darryl Broadfoot, Keith Jackson and Kris Boyd just drag the show down several rungs of the intellectual ladder.

However, if McFadden is too thick to be able to act professionally, then he shouldn't be doing any media work. 

Parkie you are clearly guilty of thinking your club should be treated as an equal to the west coast teams by the weegie centric media. Have a word with yourself ya daft sheepie. 

While I don’t disagree with the general point Parklife is making, the timing of Alan Pardews sacking is outwith the control of any Scottish football related Masonic conspiracy. The West Brom job is the only EPL job that McInnes would be quoted for.

As I’ve said several times, McFadden doesn’t tout him for the job, or make any sort of wild speculation.

He merely offers an opinion that IF McInnes was offered a job; that he’s very likely to be a candidate for, its his opinion that he’d take it. Not that he should or he’d be crazy not to. (He also backed his decisions to turn down Sunderland and Rangers)

Its slightly different than the whole Rangers saga played out earlier in the season where they were travelling the world to dig up ex huns to tell Derek McInnes to go to Ibrox. That was comical.

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

While I don’t disagree with the general point Parklife is making, the timing of Alan Pardews sacking is outwith the control of any Scottish football related Masonic conspiracy. The West Brom job is the only EPL job that McInnes would be quoted for.

As I’ve said several times, McFadden doesn’t tout him for the job, or make any sort of wild speculation.

He merely offers an opinion that IF McInnes was offered a job; that he’s very likely to be a candidate for, its his opinion that he’d take it. Not that he should or he’d be crazy not to. (He also backed his decisions to turn down Sunderland and Rangers)

Its slightly different than the whole Rangers saga played out earlier in the season where they were travelling the world to dig up ex huns to tell Derek McInnes to go to Ibrox. That was comical.

Would it be sensible for the SFA/SPFL to implement a policy whereby its employees are "discouraged" from making any comment or speculation on member clubs and their affairs?  It would avoid any unnecessary controversy or disrespect.  Perhaps tricky to know where to draw the line though.  Would like to at least have the notion that the integrity of our governing body employees sits slightly above that of our gutter press.  That said, I do think this case is slightly different to the usual pre-old firm match press releases full of speculation and transfers rumours which are clearly intended to unsettle the non-old firm team. 

2 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Would it be sensible for the SFA/SPFL to implement a policy whereby its employees are "discouraged" from making any comment or speculation on member clubs and their affairs?   

Indeed. To be honest, it should need a policy, merely a modicum of professionalism from someone in a senior position. 

19 hours ago, Parklife said:

I was a huge fan of the show but over the last few weeks I've stopped listening, listening to Alex Rae makes you lose brain cells and I'm not exactly mensa material :lol:. He reminds of the sloth from Zootrpolis. 

What happened to Tom English? Did he decide to fuck it off when they reduce the IQ level by regularly having we barry, big boydy, Bonner and Alex Rae on?

McFadden isn't very bright, I don't think he adds much to any of the debates, plenty sound bites and cliches but nothing more. Bonner is another nightmare to listen to, I'm quite sure he could be commentating on Cirque De Solail and still find a way to get the conversation back on to Celtic.

Edited by vanderark14

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Bonner is another nightmare to listen to, I'm quite sure he could be commentating on Cirque De Solail and still find a way to get the conversation back on to Celtic.

Willie Miller is the Aberdeen equivalent.

If he’s not watching aberdeen his contribution is to say the game he’s watching is shite, then talk about Aberdeen.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

If he’s not watching aberdeen his contribution is to say the game he’s watching is shite, then talk about Aberdeen.

you will probably think this is bias but I don't think thats the case with Miller at all, if anything he is Aberdeen's biggest critic

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

you will probably think this is bias but I don't think thats the case with Miller at all, if anything he is Aberdeen's biggest critic

He might well be, but he doesn’t seem interested in talking about anybody else, be it positive or negative.

Consensus was that Aberdeen were the less bad of 2 bad teams in a bad game last night, but apparently he was gushing about Aberdeen’s performance.

(the views of Motherwell fans, not mine, as wasn’t at game and didn’t hear him on the radio :lol: )

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

He might well be, but he doesn’t seem interested in talking about anybody else, be it positive or negative.

Consensus was that Aberdeen were the less bad of 2 bad teams in a bad game last night, but apparently he was gushing about Aberdeen’s performance.

(the views of Motherwell fans, not mine, as wasn’t at game and didn’t hear him on the radio :lol: )

most Aberdeen fans I know were complimenting the performance, apparently we dominated the match. 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

most Aberdeen fans I know were complimenting the performance, apparently we dominated the match. 

Apparently McKenna had a good game.

Those looking through C&A glasses would see it as Motherwell playing to his strengths, but apparently he won everything.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Felt relaxed throughout - Performance & stamina was decent (More so given the conditions) - Match stats confirm this.

16 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The "consesus" isn't your Motherwell supporting mates ;)

FYI, Chick Young also said it was a very good Aberdeen performance and a good game. 

Robinson just sounded bitter as fvck. 

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Willie Miller is unbearable on the radio.

File in the same pile of shite as Alan Preston and Derek Ferguson.

31 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Willie Miller is unbearable on the radio.

File in the same pile of shite as Alan Preston and Derek Ferguson.

Miller is as good on the radio as he was at running restaurants. You’ve got at admire consistency.