Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 194 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

Guest BlueGaz
12 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

(Fowler was a joke one I threw in due to the number of Gerrard/scouse connections being made to Rangers)

Oh right, the rumours will get more absurd before anything actually does start to happen in the summer.

There are quite a few more realistic rumours knocking about too.  Some of which could come off and be quite exciting.  

I think I am one of the few that is trusting SG to do well in the transfer market in, what worries me is, how the fuck do we get rid of the players we don't want?  Who will buy them?  

Edited by BlueGaz

What’s Mark Allen’s role?

I’m guessing he has a say in transfers given Rangers have been linked to a few players even before Gerrard was announced.

Or does that just prove how groundless a lot of these stories are?

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m guessing he has a say in transfers given Rangers have been linked to a few players even before Gerrard was announced.

As is norm with everything Gers at the moment, no one quite knows what the fuck goes on.  

But, my understanding from what I have heard is that prior to SG being appointed, it was his job to use his scouting network, identify players and then go for them.  Apparently, Murty did have a wish list, but not sure how true that is.

However, it will change with SG appointment and he will lead / give MA a wish list, and they will both work towards bringing in from that list.  So much more in support of the new manager rather than a stand alone recruiter i think.  

I will put a caveat on that though - no fucker knows really.

Edited by BlueGaz

21 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

18 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

However, it will change with SG appointment and he will lead / give MA a wish list, and they will both work towards bringing in from that list.  So much more in support of the new manager rather than a stand alone recruiter i think.  

I will put a caveat on that though - no fucker knows really.

I love how Rangers have employed a DoF who they don't actually let direct the football operations. Much better letting the under-18's coach from Liverpool do that... :lol: 

What a fucking basketcase of an organisation. 

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I love how Rangers have employed a DoF who they don't actually let direct the football operations. Much better letting the under-18's coach from Liverpool do that... :lol: 

What a fucking basketcase of an organisation. 

Why do you love it?  Surely your issues should be with your own shower?  1 point ahead of the basketcase?  1 point won from them?  

(type about budget in really, really big font in your reply).

Our u-18 coach will cream the mutton next season. Rather an u-18 manager than an u-par manager. 

Edited by BlueGaz

Just now, BlueGaz said:

Why do you love it? 

Because I hate Rangers. So i enjoy seeing them make a cunt of it. 

Just now, BlueGaz said:

Surely your issues should be with your own shower? 

I've plenty issues with them. Be a bit random to bring them up in response to a point about Rangers' DoF though, don't you think? 

Just now, BlueGaz said:

1 point ahead of the basketcase?  1 point won from them?  

(type about budget in really, really big font in your reply).

Indeed. Preempting that i would bring up that Rangers have a larger budget than Aberdeen doesn't reduce the validity of that point :lol: 

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I've plenty issues with them. Be a bit random to bring them up in response to a point about Rangers' DoF though, don't you think? 

Indeed. Preempting that i would bring up that Rangers have a larger budget than Aberdeen doesn't reduce the validity of that point :lol: 

I get that.  Wee teams always want to beat the big teams, totally normal.

Be a bit random to bring them up on a Rangers forum DoF though, don't you think?  Fixed that for you.  Doesn't stop the subject changing to Rangers every time its not about them.  

Not a valid point when its blown on sheep type shite before a kick of a ball though.  Worst football team ever to play at Ibrox, yet on par/better than Aberdeen, issues galore.  

Guest BlueGaz
16 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Ahem, 'Team Building' exercise in Edinburgh this afternoon and tonight, you get back to constructing, we can discuss the DoF next week. Doubt I will be on on Sunday when I get back 😡 Hope you enjoy the game if you're going.

40 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Ahem, 'Team Building' exercise in Edinburgh this afternoon and tonight, you get back to constructing, we can discuss the DoF next week. Doubt I will be on on Sunday when I get back 😡 Hope you enjoy the game if you're going.

Enjoy. Maybe Stevie G will be there learning a bit about building a team too ;) 

53 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I get that.  Wee teams always want to beat the big teams, totally normal.

Like how you want Rangers to beat Celtic? 

Guest BlueGaz
18 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Like how you want Rangers to beat Celtic? 

100%. Always. You know I prefer to beat Dons though. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Just like most Rangers fans. :ok: 

After this season I will take a win against anyone.

On the subject of the director of football he is responsible for identifying targets for all levels at Rangers (not just the first team). For the first team he will prepare recommendations for the manager, whoever that is, and together they will decide on the targets they want to try and acquire. He won't be just going to look at the players Gerrard wants to bring in (though this will be part of what he does).

Guest BlueGaz

Scott Arfield on 4 year deal I'm hearing.  medical passed and signed.

Edited by BlueGaz

32 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Scott Arfield on 4 year deal I'm hearing.  medical passed and signed.

Signing aging players who're past their peak, on big money, will Rangers ever learn? :lol:  

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Signing aging players who're past their peak, on big money, will Rangers ever learn? :lol:  

We'll see. 29 ok with me.

Edited by BlueGaz

3 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

We'll see. 29 ok with me.

I genuinely think he's totally average too. Do you think he's a good signing? 

I'd probably rather have Jason Holt, who's a similar player, to be honest. 

Guest BlueGaz
9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I genuinely think he's totally average too. Do you think he's a good signing? 

I'd probably rather have Jason Holt, who's a similar player, to be honest. 

I honestly don't know much about him to be fair.  You are the first I have seen say that he is not good enough (but sure there will prob be many).  I would be surprised if he is no better than Holt though.

Edited by BlueGaz

Guest BlueGaz
15 minutes ago, kumnio said:

But he played in the Sky super dooper league, he must be brilliant. 

Arfield is a decent player, but that’s it. 

Decent players will be a nice change from the norm next season.

There is a good reason Arfield never got capped by Scotland. He is average. A bit of a cult hero at Burnley because he scored a winner against Blackburn but I'm not sure he's much of an improvement on what they already have.