Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 129 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

18 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

They've got 300k left?????

94E0D116-7457-4618-B84C-4F736EA4DAB2_zps

Probably didn't have a choice since there is no stock of training kits left. I can only hope we actually put some home strips aside since there isn't any left and we are waiting puma to make some more. Otherwise we'll have to borrow some from the fans :D

I am also a bit surprised that we didn't give him Clint Hill's tops. Herrera must be struggling to breath in that as he is quite a bit bigger (height and build) than Garner is.

Also, Garner didn't have his initials in the centre of his top: https://goo.gl/4SsTcR

Edited by theweestevie
Shortened URL

19 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Where do you suppose the media is getting it's information from? Rangers haven't been working with the media so far this summer. The Daily Record seems to always be among the first to report any Rangers related transfer activity, yet Rangers have not allowed them to attend any press conferences recently so it looks like the club isn't cooporating with them. Also all new player interviews etc. were conducted via Rangers TV and not through the MSM.

The opposite viewpoint is that Rangers made a bid which they felt was on the low side of what they felt was reasonable (tbf they aren't exactly going to jump in with an offer way above what they are willing to pay). Aberdeen wanted more money so released to the media to try to embarass Rangers and force them to up the offer. It has also been noted that the player has had a bit of interest from down south. So it could be Aberdeen released this to the media to signal to other interested clubs that activity was happening and if they wanted the player then they should act now, creating competition and as a result netting Aberdeen more money.

Or it could be to try to keep the Aberdeen fans onside? Maybe they have every intention of selling him now while they can get a fee from him rather than getting nothing next summer. They know that perhaps the fans might not be happy with this so the get Derek McInnes to come out and say that no other players will be leaving this summer. Then release these details to the press so they can then say, well an offer was made, it unsettled the player and we had no other choice as we don't want a player who isn't fully committed.

This reminds me of the O'Halloran tranfer, St Johnstone weren't going to sell him unless we paid them a lot more. The whole thing was pretty public, then right at the end of the window they accpeted the original offer.

Also looking at Rangers other transfers this summer, we didn't seem to undercut the other clubs we have dealt with. In fact 7 of the 8 transfers we had so far which involved fees were all resolved very quickly and quietly with no long drawn out public sagas. So stepping away from the "standard approach" seems to have been much more successful, maybe we should make that our new standard approach?

Aye, i guess it's a coincidence that they are using the same approach with Dorrans and Walker? Or that they did back in the day with Naismith, Boyd, Kevin Thomson, etc, etc. 

It's a well worn path that Rangers have their pals in the media unsettle players of other Scottish clubs, in order to force through a transfer at the cheapest possible price. :rolleyes: 

17 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Aye, i guess it's a coincidence that they are using the same approach with Dorrans and Walker? Or that they did back in the day with Naismith, Boyd, Kevin Thomson, etc, etc. 

It's a well worn path that Rangers have their pals in the media unsettle players of other Scottish clubs, in order to force through a transfer at the cheapest possible price. :rolleyes: 

Was just offerening alternatives, didn't say I was correct :D

On the Dorrans deal it is reported that they moved the goal posts, they wanted him and other big earners off of the wage bill. They were asking for 1m then we offereed then changed their minds and asked for 1.5m (and apparently if the local media is to be believed we upped the bid accordingly and a fee of around 1.3m + add ons has been agreed).

On Walker, imo, Hearts are asking for too much for him. There was a thread here a while ago that had valuations of various Scottish youngsters and most people had him valued between 500k and 700k if I remember correctly. Just because Hearts want 1m doesn't mean that he is worth that. And for what it's worth, Walker didn't think he would be playing at Hearts next season long before any interest from Rangers became public.

Edit: I was not remembering correctly. I was confusing the valuations of Walker and McKay. Most valuations seem to be similar to Hearts.

Edited by theweestevie

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

. Otherwise we'll have to borrow some from the fans :D

Surely They wont fit..... going by the size of the average bear...... they wid be  awfy big ;-) 

Was just offerening alternatives, didn't say I was correct :D

On the Dorrans deal it is reported that they moved the goal posts, they wanted him and other big earners off of the wage bill. They were asking for 1m then we offereed then changed their minds and asked for 1.5m (and apparently if the local media is to be believed we upped the bid accordingly and a fee of around 1.3m + add ons has been agreed).

On Walker, imo, Hearts are asking for too much for him. There was a thread here a while ago that had valuations of various Scottish youngsters and most people had him valued between 500k and 700k if I remember correctly. Just because Hearts want 1m doesn't mean that he is worth that. And for what it's worth, Walker didn't think he would be playing at Hearts next season long before any interest from Rangers became public.

Edit: I was not remembering correctly. I was confusing the valuations of Walker and McKay. Most valuations seem to be similar to Hearts.

I just find it bizarre that anyone who's followed Scottish football for any length of time, is unable to see that Rangers have continually used the media to try and unsettle players and force their transfers through. 

13 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

The story of him forgetting he owned and leaving his Porsche in Spain is brilliant. 

I hear Lafferty is talking to your lot as well, will see who is 'lucky' enough to get him 

He is wanting £5k a week apparently.  :blink:  No chance of that from us or you I would imagine. 

Probably didn't have a choice since there is no stock of training kits left. I can only hope we actually put some home strips aside since there isn't any left and we are waiting puma to make some more. Otherwise we'll have to borrow some from the fans :D

I am also a bit surprised that we didn't give him Clint Hill's tops. Herrera must be struggling to breath in that as he is quite a bit bigger (height and build) than Garner is.

Also, Garner didn't have his initials in the centre of his top: https://goo.gl/4SsTcR

It was your man Torrals top apparently.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I just find it bizarre that anyone who's followed Scottish football for any length of time, is unable to see that Rangers have continually used the media to try and unsettle players and force their transfers through. 

Like I was saying I was just offering alternatives I didn't say I was right :)

Out of curiosity, who in the media do you think we working with on this one?

1 hour ago, hannibal smith said:

He is just about to be unveiled at Tynecastle, I hope we didn't agree to 5k a week though ?

I like him as a player, think its a decent signing for you as long as its not too pricey..

8 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

See Lafferty to Hearts confirmed. Didn't realise he was only 29, despite being an absolute bell end, he should be a good signing.

Wonder if the daily record will pull up his feigning injury every time hearts play Aberdeen???

He'll be popular up our way again....... :rollsmile: