This Board Needs Tunes - Page 114 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

36 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I got an upvote for my tune ! Thank you, thank you, thank you whoever it was 👏👏👏

I am so excited 😁

I occasionally get upvotes, mostly for songs that I post cos they're 'interesting' but I don't actually like! 😆

16 minutes ago, exile said:

I occasionally get upvotes, mostly for songs that I post cos they're 'interesting' but I don't actually like! 😆

😂 , funnily enough I dont particularly like Bob Dylan but that song was short enough to hold even my attention. 

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 , funnily enough I dont particularly like Bob Dylan but that song was short enough to hold even my attention. 

Maybe that's why I did listen to that one.   Not my upvote though 😛

5 hours ago, exile said:

Ach, that was probably me then!

I don't usually post tunes unless I really like them or have some strange historical attachment.   One of my secret pleasures was Olivia Newton John, but in the hope of upvotes...

New Deacon Blue album is out on March 6th.  :)

Looking forward to it. The singles released in the last few months have been great. Much more like their old "classic" sound as opposed to their very hit and miss (mostly miss) last few albums.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

New Deacon Blue album is out on March 6th.  :)

Looking forward to it. The singles released in the last few months have been great. Much more like their old "classic" sound as opposed to their very hit and miss (mostly miss) last few albums.

ET, I've never been a fan, so probably in a minority here, but have another Scottish artist of interest ...if we're aff-game for the rest of the night and getting all serious ('cause O is difficult, for me anyway since I did Okefenokee a couple of weeks ago).

I sadly noted the departure of Phil Campbell from The Temperance Movement, but today heard this tune with his new band.   How come they were playing in Glasgow 27/Dec and nobody told me?

And another thing about new albums ET has reminded me of ...so I'll go off on one...

I hoped to purchase Tool's new album (first in umpteen years and sounds great), but it's currently sitting at £33.37 for the brand new 'expanded book edition'.   An improvement I'll grant you, on the 'groundbreaking immersive experience' CDs + built in video player now at £99.99.

£9.90 only for mp3 download.   Feck that.   I've met some lovely marketing folk, but their job makes them professional arseholes.

No tunes begin with 'O' and no titles contain place names unless 7empest is somewhere.    So you will all have to wait anaw :banghead:

20 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Maybe that's why I did listen to that one.   Not my upvote though 😛

😁 I know it wasnt your upvote it appeared in the afternoon. You only appear at night after sleeping off all that vino 🍷😴