This Board Needs Tunes - Page 117 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

12 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Can someone summarise the rules for me here? Needs to be a place name beginning with the letter in the name or the artists name needs to start with the letter? I limit to the number of songs?

Huech Moray has given us a free run at Q as it's a difficult one.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Can someone summarise the rules for me here? Needs to be a place name beginning with the letter in the name or the artists name needs to start with the letter? I limit to the number of songs?

And for me too. 

7 minutes ago, fringo said:

Is this a new game for the music thread going through the alphabet ?

Nice idea.

Are we still on P & Qs and how do we know when we can move to the next letter ?

Hey fringo. I’m surprised you didn’t turn up just as we got to Z 😂

24 minutes ago, fringo said:

And for me too. 

Right now, it's posting songs where (part of) the name of the the artist or song title is (part of) the name of a location. We're at Q today, R tomorrow.

Need to start thinking of what comes after Z. Another alphabetical progression would be easiest, but, instead of location, what?

1 minute ago, exile said:

Right now, it's posting songs where (part of) the name of the the artist or song title is (part of) the name of a location. We're at Q today, R tomorrow.

Need to start thinking of what comes after Z. Another alphabetical progression would be easiest, but, instead of location, what?

We play this sort of game at work on a Friday. Someone puts something on and the last letter of the title is what the next song title must start with. So if for example someone put up Life on Mars, the next person must play a track that starts with S.

A bit complicated for a message board though.

25 minutes ago, exile said:

I think I picked a bad day to join in ! 😆

28 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

What place or location is that? 😂

Edit: I think I might have got it 😀

Nah, I got it wrong. I was just thinking a Q in the song title  and didn't see it was meant to be a place. 😕

1 hour ago, exile said:

Good point.

For the noobs, exile here hijacked this general music thread (in a nice way) with an a-z band/song theme.   Then at Z the OP came back on line 🥰 and after some debate with Tidy we started A-Z again with place names.

Sounds a bit boring, but it's got a lot of new (old) faces on here.   Shame about the tunes ☹️ :hammer: :guitar:

44 minutes ago, fringo said:

Nah, I got it wrong. I was just thinking a Q in the song title  and didn't see it was meant to be a place. 😕

😂 

35 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

I thought you were getting at ‘We’re going to Wemberleee’ 😀

Away with your lateral thinking 😁

1 hour ago, Tiny Tim said:

We play this sort of game at work on a Friday. Someone puts something on and the last letter of the title is what the next song title must start with. So if for example someone put up Life on Mars, the next person must play a track that starts with S.

A bit complicated for a message board though.

I would say so. This current theme started as colours. Heuch Moray changed it to places when no-one was looking as it was too difficult, and no-one even noticed .... 

13 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Q is indeed quite tricky however I've checked and there's a place called Quick Sand in Kentucky *..... This is also too good a song not to post.

OK, that is my green light to post this for about the third time.   (Over about 10 years , c'mon :) )

* had to check... and not a wind up.   You have to be careful on here 👀

1 hour ago, exile said:

Animals ?

Fringo is looking forward to F 😁