This Board Needs Tunes - Page 109 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

I think I already put this up once, but I've always liked it:

And finally, a nod to my father-in-law. Although knocking 90 & wouldn't know the internet if it hit him on the head, this is the singer he always wished he was (probably thought he was) & the song I must have heard at more family dos than I can remember.

QMU 2005.   My favourite gig.   AB did a great set of most of their only album and started their encore (to fill up time since they only had one album and didn't want to do Creed stuff) with a proper rendition of one of my favourite tunes.   Kashmir - I was gobsmacked.   A Led Zeppelin cover for younger viewers.   (Since then in Glasgow they always did Whole Lotta Rosie in the same slot;  which kinda went down well :bouncy: )

Anyway, they did Kashmir even better than the original, as in that John Paul Jones laid up his bass and diddled on bloody keyboards.   I loved the LedZep tune, but was always wanting something more, so would put the needle back and start it again.   Only in 2005 did I realise what was missing.

This recording (taken a few years later than 'my' gig) is shitty,  but that probably doesn't stop whoever having to toss £67% to Page/Plant and feck all to AB.   You just have to imagine the tiny wee QMU at and being punched in the face with this...

ok, you had to be there :Tumbleweed-2:

Lots to catch up on :ok:  

There are many varied live performances of Kashmir but for me the addition of the Egyptian ensemble make this one extra special. 

Of course it's long but stay with it, turn it up to ELEVEN and blast your neighbours.

28 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

QMU 2005.   My favourite gig.   AB did a great set of most of their only album and started their encore (to fill up time since they only had one album and didn't want to do Creed stuff) with a proper rendition of one of my favourite tunes.   Kashmir - I was gobsmacked.   A Led Zeppelin cover for younger viewers.   (Since then in Glasgow they always did Whole Lotta Rosie in the same slot;  which kinda went down well :bouncy: )

Anyway, they did Kashmir even better than the original, as in that John Paul Jones laid up his bass and diddled on bloody keyboards.   I loved the LedZep tune, but was always wanting something more, so would put the needle back and start it again.   Only in 2005 did I realise what was missing.

This recording (taken a few years later than 'my' gig) is shitty,  but that probably doesn't stop whoever having to toss £67% to Page/Plant and feck all to AB.   You just have to imagine the tiny wee QMU at and being punched in the face with this...

ok, you had to be there :Tumbleweed-2:

Well I never saw that one coming ...  I raise you my Egyptian orchestra 🤪