Oscars 2016 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

http://news.sky.com/story/1625292/calls-for-oscars-boycott-over-white-nominations

Personally, I think it's a load of shite and the worst kind of attention seeking by certain actors/celebrities. There have been very few films featuring prominent black people that can genuinely say they deserve recognition from the Academy for this years awards. Are they to simply put movies up for awards because they feature prominent black people rather than having them there on merit? It certainly sounds as if that's what Spike Lee and Jada Smith are advocating.

There wasn't the furore when 12 years a Slave won 3 oscars, or when Denzel Washington or Jamie Foxx or Morgan Freeman or Forest Whittaker won them in recent years.

Now that these two ar$eholes are calling for a boycott I might force myself to watch it, maybe with the sound down while i do something else.

What is the idea here that we rank shit movies ahead of less shit ones because it has black people in it. The laugh is these folk doing the whining are the most racist fukkers imaginable. Spike Lee is a total racist cocksucking . Jada who the fukk are you Smith - playing the race card because her husband does not get a nomination. So bored of these dicks now. Fukk off.

Actors lives matter. A town full of destroyed shops and stolen tvs will help this. It's been a while since we had that.

It's also been a while since you had a wee sly dig at the black lives matter movement, you were doing great as well.

People are quick enough to greet and moan when Scottish movies, TV shows, actors, footballers, the SPL is overlooked or not given enough recognition in comparison to the English equivalent, but when it's a full race of people that are overlooked for the most prestigious awards in cinema, no one gives a toss. Remarkable.

As others have alluded to, the oscars is a pile a pish, but I find hard to believe there wasn't one actor/actress or movie of black origin that didn't deserve recognition.

It's also been a while since you had a wee sly dig at the black lives matter movement, you were doing great as well.

People are quick enough to greet and moan when Scottish movies, TV shows, actors, footballers, the SPL is overlooked or not given enough recognition in comparison to the English equivalent, but when it's a full race of people that are overlooked for the most prestigious awards in cinema, no one gives a toss. Remarkable.

As others have alluded to, the oscars is a pile a pish, but I find hard to believe there wasn't one actor/actress or movie of black origin that didn't deserve recognition.

Pish off with that tripe. This turning everything into victimhood is what creates the problems and goes no way to helping create better racial understanding. There are no black actors because they are not good enough. Simple as.

Irony alert! I aboot choked with shock at you coming away with that! :-D

No irony here. I've never made sad wee digs about equality movements or anything else. Do you perhaps not have a fecking clue what irony is?

Pish off with that tripe. This turning everything into victimhood is what creates the problems and goes no way to helping create better racial understanding. There are no black actors because they are not good enough. Simple as.

Just to clarify I take it you mean "this year" no black actors were good enough ?

No irony here. I've never made sad wee digs about equality movements or anything else. Do you perhaps not have a fecking clue what irony is?

The irony in you calling anyone else's class out is what gobsmacks me. Strange that you reply to me regarding this issue but I remember ages ago the very smart Brant Grebner coming away with something similar to mine. I notice you never called out his class. That's because he'd rip you a new arse. You're selective who you have your niggles with, that's for sure.

The irony in you calling anyone else's class out is what gobsmacks me. Strange that you reply to me regarding this issue but I remember ages ago the very smart Brant Grebner coming away with something similar to mine. I notice you never called out his class. That's because he'd rip you a new arse. You're selective who you have your niggles with, that's for sure.

I'm a very classy guy. Thanks :ok:

I never seen Brant say anything like that. I have him on ignore as I find him about as funny as getting a football to the stones. I'll call arsehole comment on every single person on here, if I think they deserve it. :)