Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 79 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

I am pretty sure I'd be off the block list pretty sharpish if Trump did get impeached / murdered in the next 'few weeks'. Does not seem likely though... If anything Team Obama might be feeling a bit more nervous. If you watch the whole press conference the guy clearly states several times how uncomfortable he is with what he has seen. And this is just the start of it.

Edited by thplinth

It's not even up for debate, of course Trump was tapped. Everyone is tapped. All information is obtained. Then when they need it they can just go back and sift it for what they need.

Anyone who thinks Trump wasn't tapped is just naive as feck. It was probably us tapping him and giving the info to the Americans, Cause that's how they used to reconcile not being allowed to tap their own citizens. We'd tap them for their Intelligence services and vice versa, but with the advent of the Patriot act and it's subsequent incarnations it all changed.

6 hours ago, phart said:

It's not even up for debate, of course Trump was tapped. Everyone is tapped. All information is obtained. Then when they need it they can just go back and sift it for what they need.

Anyone who thinks Trump wasn't tapped is just naive as feck. It was probably us tapping him and giving the info to the Americans, Cause that's how they used to reconcile not being allowed to tap their own citizens. We'd tap them for their Intelligence services and vice versa, but with the advent of the Patriot act and it's subsequent incarnations it all changed.

Well it is well understood that is how they get round rules about killing their own citizens... they just ask their pals at Mossad or MI6 or PIA to do the killing. They have reciprocal agreements. 

14 hours ago, thplinth said:

By the way who predicts an impeachment in a 'few weeks'?

You cannot buy a flat in a' few weeks' yet you are going to impeach the president of the "US of A"?! :lol: 

Good luck my friend.

There's a couple of precedents here.  

The Watergate breaking was in June 1972, Nixon resigned in August 1974.  

The Monica Lewinsky scandal broke in January 1998 and Bill Clinton was impeached in December of the same year.

There's pretty clear parallels between Trump and the Russian involvement and Watergate and in terms of the timeline, you can look at the actual break-in at Watergate as being the same as the sacking of Paul Manafort, ie. the point that the "dirty tricks" of the various campaigns first came into the public domain.

It took quite a while for Watergate to "get inside" the White House.  I'd say for Trump, with the sacking of Mike Flynn, we're inside the White House.  Erlichmann, Haldemann and Dean were fired in April 1973.

To me, this seems like it's moving faster than Watergate, a few weeks is ambitious but I'd say that - if there is anything in the allegations and it certainly looks like there is a case to answer - he could be gone before the end of the year.

14 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I've not been keeping up with the Russia thing but last I read there was no credible evidence that Russia was involved in his election.

Yet, no credible evidence yet.  Who knows what will come to light.

9 minutes ago, aaid said:

Yet, no credible evidence yet.  Who knows what will come to light.

Think it's all a smokescreen to give the impression the democrats are opposing the president and continue to make Russia out to be an enemy. If there was any evidence you'd think it would have been used by now. 

21 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Think it's all a smokescreen to give the impression the democrats are opposing the president and continue to make Russia out to be an enemy. If there was any evidence you'd think it would have been used by now. 

In the congressional hearing this week, the FBI director was pretty clear that the Russians had intervened  in the election to support Trump.  What isn't clear is whether or not that was with the knowledge or cooperation of the Trump campaign.  

It's an ongoing investigation. 

Edited by aaid

14 minutes ago, aaid said:

In the congressional hearing this week, the FBI director was pretty clear that the Russians had intervened  in the election to support Trump.  What isn't clear is whether or not that was with the knowledge or cooperation of the Trump campaign.  

Be interesting to see what evidence they have. Probably don't need any now the seed has been planted. 

2 hours ago, aaid said:

"Intervened" in what way? 

The USA are no strangers to "intervening" in the governance of other nations themselves, so it's a bit hypocritical of them to have an issue :lol: 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

The USA are no strangers to "intervening" in the governance of other nations themselves, so it's a bit hypocritical of them to have an issue :lol: 

Cyber attacks, hacking and subsequent leaking of compromising material.  There's no evidence of any interference in the actual voting process.

16 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The US is exceptional though . . 

14 minutes ago, aaid said:

Cyber attacks, hacking and subsequent leaking of compromising material.  There's no evidence of any interference in the actual voting process.

Assange the Russian spy :lol: 

4 hours ago, aaid said:

There's a couple of precedents here.  

The Watergate breaking was in June 1972, Nixon resigned in August 1974.  

The Monica Lewinsky scandal broke in January 1998 and Bill Clinton was impeached in December of the same year.

There's pretty clear parallels between Trump and the Russian involvement and Watergate and in terms of the timeline, you can look at the actual break-in at Watergate as being the same as the sacking of Paul Manafort, ie. the point that the "dirty tricks" of the various campaigns first came into the public domain.

It took quite a while for Watergate to "get inside" the White House.  I'd say for Trump, with the sacking of Mike Flynn, we're inside the White House.  Erlichmann, Haldemann and Dean were fired in April 1973.

To me, this seems like it's moving faster than Watergate, a few weeks is ambitious but I'd say that - if there is anything in the allegations and it certainly looks like there is a case to answer - he could be gone before the end of the year.

It wasn't till the "smoking gun" tapes were released by order of the supreme court that everything moved. August 5th folk heard them, August 8th he left office.

Just now, phart said:

It wasn't till the "smoking gun" tapes were released by order of the supreme court that everything moved. August 5th folk heard them, August 8th he left office.

Indeed, but everything up until that point was building to it.   

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Giving voters access to more information. To be fair it's not like the Americans spent a fortune destabilizing Russia's neighbour, removing their own puppet and installing one hostile to them.

As usual everyone is being idiots, but depending on what side you're on one is the good guy the other the bad guy.

Think most folk are getting on with their lives when it comes to Trump.  The Russia thing, even if he did 'collude', I doubt they'd ever have evidence of that sort.. even if they did, I dont think it would mean he'd lose office.

He's so mad, the people expect mad things.

Bit like in Spain, the Partido Popular are well known as being corrupt.  People still vote for them.  There's a corruption story almost daily.

I think Trump is getting beyond bad stories sticking to him.  It's all noise, his supporters don't care.

So far there is not a shred of evidence. Not a shred, nothing.

Personally I think they have reversed it. I think they went spying thinking a) he would never win and B) they would find something killer.

When they did not find anything damning they then thought ok no biggie... no one will know...but then they lost.

The whole Russia bullshit is the 'national security' pretense to justify the blatant political spying. That is why they have been going on about it so much... to make their spying look legit. The whole thing has been reversed. The know they have nothing and this is just to make their actions look less worse than they are... which is terrible.

Do you think had they found something they would wait until after Trump was elected to reveal it? They hate the guy and would never have allowed him to be president if they could have stopped it.

Naw they have nothing and they never had nothing. All this Russia stuff is to cover up the spying. To make it look like it was warranted... The people going to jail over this will not be Trump related iMHO.

Edited by thplinth

I would not be sure about that. Did you watch the whole press conference from Nunes? It is striking the language he used.

"He serves as chairman of the United States House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence." This is not some pissant nobody talking shite.

The guy was obviously rattled by what he saw. He called a press conference instantly and briefed them before his own committee members before going to the Whitehouse to speak to Trump personally (a breach of manners to his committee members for which he later apologized I understand). I think this shows we are in an unusual situation here with regard to the spying. 

Trump will let them off (as his way) but not before the truth is extracted.

It is a funny business all of this.

I would say about 10% of Trumps support (enough to win it for him) was not due to liking Trump so much but more due to their intense revulsion at the tactics of the left. (See all that identity politics pish... go yourselves from now until the end of time.) For me that is the case. I am rooting for Trump mostly due to how much I loath his enemies not so much how much I like him. They repulse me. Although Trump is crazily likeable. You don't get that somehow. Because you never watch him for more than 2 seconds... :lol:

I am prepared to give him a free pass on Israel, Iran and a whole bunch of shit until I can tell who he really is. With Trump actions are everything. He is a results man. So too early to tell. Let's see what he does in the middle east...

We don t know yet but so far he has not betrayed anyone that I can see, Time will tell as it always will. Pity so few can wait and see and judge him on it fairly.

Trump is as close to JFK as we will see in our lifetimes. :)