Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 23 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

Clinton clearly won the debate. Not that it will make any real difference, but she strolled it. Only a melt-down by either of them in the debates will have any impact, otherwise they will have little or no impact come the vote. I doubt if Trump's performance will have convinced anyone outside those already onside which will, I suspect, make him have to go for broke in the remaining two. He can't allow Clinton such an easy ride. All of the suggestions of Clinton cheating, bias by the host etc. make it clear the Trump camp know he came second best.

Yet so many debate polls have Trump winning. So so few Clinton winning (one at the last count i made).

I watched the whole debate with care. He won, it was not a huge win but it certainly was not a loss. She was very dry and rehearsed versus him being periodically raw and unrehearsed. 

The only people who have Clinton ahead in the debate are all the media folk who hated trump to begin with. Once again they tried to steam roller opinion by them all whanking themselves off in 'you're right, no you're right' jerk off.

If you think this is about the fine points of debate and who was the better it is not. In the whole cocktail of this contest he won it. Very low key performance, lets absorb the blows strategy and he took it all and still broke even. This is a big win for him. It let's him become more aggressive later when it really matters while Hillary has already unloaded. The last debate is looking pretty key. Should break all box office records viewing wise. Trump is an absolute publicity machine. A small fraction would be watching in comparison if it was Jeb v Hillary. You know it is true.

I watched the debate, he was terrible, didnt answer the questions asked, made up 'facts' constantly interrupted Clinton and generally came across as a charlatan. Clinton won the debate, Im amazed anyone can think otherwise.

Ive no idea why is doing so well, it can only be that Americans are batshit crazy.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Ive no idea why is doing so well, it can only be that Americans are batshit crazy.

It's the only 'developed' country on the planet that has the idiots to lap up his pish. I'd like to think I have at least average intelligence(I await Deecie to pull me up on that) but over here I feel like Stephen Fry compared to these eejits.

Edited by Ormond

9 hours ago, Ormond said:

It's the only 'developed' country on the planet that has the idiots to lap up his pish. I'd like to think I have at least average intelligence(I await Deecie to pull me up on that) but over here I feel like Stephen Fry compared to these eejits.

recently got back in touch with an old friend now in America and she posts pro-Trump views every day on Facebook, especially about him stopping the immigrants. She is from the Phillippines??? 

13 hours ago, thplinth said:

Yet so many debate polls have Trump winning. So so few Clinton winning (one at the last count i made).

I watched the whole debate with care. He won, it was not a huge win but it certainly was not a loss. She was very dry and rehearsed versus him being periodically raw and unrehearsed. 

The only people who have Clinton ahead in the debate are all the media folk who hated trump to begin with. Once again they tried to steam roller opinion by them all whanking themselves off in 'you're right, no you're right' jerk off.

If you think this is about the fine points of debate and who was the better it is not. In the whole cocktail of this contest he won it. Very low key performance, lets absorb the blows strategy and he took it all and still broke even. This is a big win for him. It let's him become more aggressive later when it really matters while Hillary has already unloaded. The last debate is looking pretty key. Should break all box office records viewing wise. Trump is an absolute publicity machine. A small fraction would be watching in comparison if it was Jeb v Hillary. You know it is true.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/poll-hillary-clinton-won-first-presidential-debate_us_57ec15c5e4b082aad9b8be8a

http://www.wbur.org/politicker/2016/09/27/post-presidential-debate-polls

Any polls showing Clinton as winning (which she clearly did) will, as night follows day, be dismissed as the media spinning things in favour of Clinton. Most of us hear what we want to hear, and will see their favourite (or least bad option) as winning. All that really matters for both candidates is that they don't crumble in front of 100m+ viewers and, while Trump was clearly under prepared and bumbling at times, that isn't likely to happen. The only significance beyond that I can see is that Trump needs to use the debates to either score some kind of huge hit on Clinton, or reach out beyond his core constituency (to women and the Hispanic vote in particular) and there's no sign he is succeeding in that. And trying to do one may hinder his chances of the other. Clinton looked staged and cold at times but she did at least know what she was talking about. It is looking closer than most imagined but when it comes to an actual vote I still see Clinton winning comfortably.

Edited by Pool Q

It was not me who wrote the Daily Mail story quoting all the online polls saying Trump won. 

Personally I think you can look at it on two levels. I think Clinton was much smoother presentation wise in the debate than Trump. On that superficial level she 'won'. But what about the underlying substance of their respective arguments? what they said and now just how they said it? Who won that?

I think it was Trump. And I suspect that is what you see here reflected in all those polls.

Most of the bitchy comments came from her I thought. Where I thought Trump was poor it was mostly self inflicted. He put himself on the back foot at times by over defending himself ( a bad habit he has). Where he was making the point that his business is not highly leveraged and is in good financial shape he started saying he could 'give you a list of banks' but he then never finished that point which would have been who are queuing up to lend him money. That was the worst i have ever seen him. When he brought his son into it when talking about cyber security... where he said it was smart to not pay tax. Stupid little things he needs to eliminate where I just wished he was a little better prepared. His new campaign manager KellyAnne Conway(?) is superb in that regard. Hopefully a bit of that starts rubbing off on El Trumpo for the next debate. If he gets his presentation working better we will see then what happens... The one thing about Trump is he learns quickly as he goes. 

Also the whole shy voter thing this election is going to favour Trump I reckon. Same as it did Leave in the Brexit campaign and for much the same reason. I.e. They have tried to stigmatize Trump (and Trump supporters) so many different ways and times there will be a lot of folk out there IMHO who will be keeping their intentions to vote Trump well under wraps but when they get into that booth they will be pushing the Trump button. I also would not be shocked if he did much better with hispanics & black voters than expected. We will see.

Aye that is pretty embarrassing for him. :lol: Worse than I expected when I listened to it. I see they waited for the day before the debate as well. Then before this we had the 'leaked' tax return. Then we had the choice of 'moderator'. On and on it rolls, starting to remind me of the onslaught we saw during the indie ref. I expect more and more of this will come because I think they are worried he is still going to win.

I suspect this guy is probably not far away from the truth. Underneath it all I just don't think Hillary is very likeable at all. Look at the size difference in the crowds attending the rallies, it is telling you something. I am not sure I trust the polling at all here. 

Edited by thplinth

http://www.uspresidentialelectionnews.com/2016/10/technical-indicators-point-to-a-trump-win/

That was a couple of days ago. I suspect they have had this recording for a while and so I think they have now played one of their trump cards (whey hey). Question is did they play too soon because they were forced to try to stem the tide flowing towards Trump. As bad as this might seem I am not sure it will be enough for them. Need to see how it plays out for a bit longer to tell. 

38 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Aye that is pretty embarrassing for him. :lol: Worse than I expected when I listened to it. I see they waited for the day before the debate as well. Then before this we had the 'leaked' tax return. Then we had the choice of 'moderator'. On and on it rolls, starting to remind me of the onslaught we saw during the indie ref. I expect more and more of this will come because I think they are worried he is still going to win.

I suspect this guy is probably not far away from the truth. Underneath it all I just don't think Hillary is very likeable at all. Look at the size difference in the crowds attending the rallies, it is telling you something. I am not sure I trust the polling at all here. 

Yet when the same point is made about Corbyn's rallies versus Smith we get told that that it's irrelevant, that it is the electorate that counts.

41 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Yet when the same point is made about Corbyn's rallies versus Smith we get told that that it's irrelevant, that it is the electorate that counts.

Exactly - and it's true

During 2014 you would have thought Yes was going to win by a landslide going by the turn out at events

Plinthy is maybe starting to straw clutch im wagering but i think he is right about the anti trump propaganda train

It's getting kinda oil price obvious

Edited by Ally Bongo

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Bad actor and clown Robert DeNiro talks tough on one of Crooked Hillary's ad, let's see him say that to my face. I'll be at Trump tower.

* provided you make it past my phalanx of private security guards and armed secret service agents that are with me 24 hours of the day.

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Bad actor and clown Robert DeNiro talks tough on one of Crooked Hillary's ad, let's see him say that to my face. I'll be at Trump tower.

That will be the two time Academy Award winning and 4 times nominated actor.

Not very Presidential.

J