Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

3 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Adolf Hitler provided holidays and stuff for children to do.

Does that make him ok if your book?

what the actual feck are you on about?

I know what you're implying but you're barking up the wrong tree

So, what exactly did you mean by this?

Regarding Trump Am I meant to hate the guy? There will be a much needed cash injection to our local economy through tourism and employment

It certainly comes across very much like he can be as racist/dangerous/mental as he likes as long as he invests in your local area.

6 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Well, you are suggesting it's ok to be like Trump if he provides investment in stuff...

I think you should ask SNP mp Corri Wilson why she didn't slate Trump, when the rest of her constituency couldn't wait to.

Maybe she's a nazi!!!

5 hours ago, girvanTA said:

To be fair Steven Woolfe does talk sense on the immigration issue regarding the eu ref. If you would care to watch it then you would realize that he is from a migrant family of mixed race. 

Regarding Trump Am I meant to hate the guy? There will be a much needed cash injection to our local economy through tourism and employment

I bet your a labour supporter.....

I'm a green man, ma man.

Last night's debate was the most sedate so far which I was quite surprised about considering Rubio needs to win on Tuesday and he's way off - if the polls are correct - from Trump. 

No idea if they had agreed on a civil-ish debate beforehand or not, but certainly was interesting to see Twitter comments. The ones who have been moaning about substance previously now groaning about it being too nice. 

Not sure how much of an influence these things have on the polls, but if Rubio or Kasich fans were looking for a BANG from this, it didn't happen. Everyone plodded away and seemed to get along much better than the last few. I'm not his biggest fan, but dare it be said, Trump at times sounded presidential and couldn't have bitched at a few Rubio and Cruz comments, but it stayed on track.

There's a couple of smaller caucuses and primaries on Saturday - Columbia, the Marianas and I've forgotten the last one, before Tuesday where Illinois, Ohio, Florida, North Carolina and Missouri are up for grabs. Kasich is out if he loses, and Rubio although hasn't admitted it, skirted rounded it, will definitely drop out.

For any punters - Kasich is 1/2 on to win Ohio, Trump 6/4. Last few polls have shown a Kasich 4-5% lead. Trump is similar odds on to win in Florida with Rubio 10/3, and polls showing Rubio on average about 10-15% behind.

Looking forward to see if Sanders can win in Ohio or at least keep it ticht too for the Dems. 

"made to watch"

same coin different side.

EDIT: to be fair after seeing this dudes opening gambit to what he would do if invited to a friend of their child gay wedding. I've now changed my mind compulsory viewing.

Edited by phart
I was wrong.

10 minutes ago, phart said:

"made to watch"

same coin different side.

Agreed - my choice of words could have been better

EDIT: to be fair after seeing this dudes opening gambit to what he would do if invited to a friend of their child gay wedding. I've now changed my mind compulsory viewing.

The Government executing gays wasnt the most important thing - that was just by the by

3 minutes ago, phart said:

that guy is mental. I'm almost inclined to believe he is trolling

Im almost certain that he will be "outed" as a secret homosexual in the future.

Not that there is anything wrong with that which is why i highlighted "outed"

Edited by Ally Bongo

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Im almost certain that he will be "outed" as a secret homosexual in the future.

Not that there is anything wrong with that which is why i highlighted "outed"

I would not be surprised. There does ostensibly seem to be a trend that way.

Poe's Law: Without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between an expression of sincere extremism and a parody of extremism.

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Meanwhile in Tampa

CdcO3hJUEAAOS4m.jpg

Bernie Sanders is a warmongering khunt. There's no good choices in this race.

Voted for intervention in Libya (co-sponsor of the bill), sanctions on Iran.Supports and defends Saudi's current starving of the entire Yemen. Loads of corpses around his decisions.

His voting record is a long consistent one of delivering violence , illness of starvation to civilians across whole regions , his only let up was joining in with other democrats to vote against Iraq, but then voted to fund it and obviously once a democrat got in office voted for everything.

One of his own staffers resigned ( Dr Jeremy brecher, helped draft policy for Sanders) over his warmongering in Kosovo specifically writing in his resignation letter.

"Is there a moral limit to the military violence you are willing to participate in or support? Where does that limit lie? And when that limit has been reached, what action will you take? My answers led to my resignation."

but yeah go Bernie!!!!

Edited by phart

• 2 weeks later...

Three YUGE wins for Senator Sanders last night. Off the top of my head, but Hawaii 77%, Alaska 80%, and Washington State 76%.

That's six wins on the bounce for him now, and whilst he won't be the nominee, it certainly us the anti on Clinton for Wisconsin in two weeks. If Sanders can win there with a 20% cushion or so. Well, then it gets very interesting.

The super delegate system is extremely flawed, but without them, Sanders is on about 1,000 delegates and Clinton 1,250 (or there abouts).

Some political commentators who back Clinton saying Hawaii is a 'white' state was quite hilarious too. Let's see what Nate Silver and his cheerleaders are saying. Although I noticed no predictions for last night - they were scolded badly by Michigan and a few others with their ´99% or greater chance of winning here´. Not that I dislike them, and enjoy reading some of their material ; but- the "we got it wrong, but we didn't really" was particularly hard to take. The polls there were 35-40% out. They were wrong, we sometimes are, get over it. Oops, I am havering on.

Looking forward to the next few weeks. Although after Michigan's surprise and a good week or so then for Bernie, he then lost the likes of Ohio - where he was expected to win or draw. Let's see if he can pick up more gains after what's been a terrific night, and week for his campaign.