Storm Frank - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Storm Frank

bet there is no Scottish names, will we see a Donald or a Gary, A William or a Graeme or a Fiona or a Mhari or Heather or a Morag , or even Welsh names.. bet there is none of them either...

but we have had a desmond, who the phukk knows anyone called Desmond.....

How the feck do you make Gary a Scottish name !!!!!!!!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pretty bleak in the North of England. When bridges are collapsing then you should take heed of warnings. However people are in the main pretty dense when it comes to taking such advice. And I include the media in this when they take to standing in flood plains up to their waist in water. Also the crazy deregulation of planning approval has resulted in houses being build in what can only be described are vulnerable areas when it comes to flooding.

Totally correct.

And in many cases it's not even that the areas are vulnerable, it's more a case of they most definitely WILL flood, it's just a matter of when.

Why they continue to build houses in those areas is beyond me.

I'll be building one on the side of a mountain if I ever move from here.

bet there is no Scottish names, will we see a Donald or a Gary, A William or a Graeme or a Fiona or a Mhari or Heather or a Morag , or even Welsh names.. bet there is none of them either...

but we have had a desmond, who the phukk knows anyone called Desmond.....

We did have bawbag a few years ago.

Surely you remember the highlight of hurricane bawbag.....

Surprised there hasn't been anymore posted on this.

About 1/2 mile from where I am in the south of Aberdeen,there is absolute carnage.

River Dee has burst its banks,roads closed,power lost in several places.

There was an announcement from the tannoy after the game tonight telling fans to travel very carefully going home as the south of the city was carnage.

Seen blue lights at one of the bridges to head south and also the police chopper apparently looking for people after a car was spotted floating down the river.

Obviously that part is word of mouth.

But on a whole,it's not good here.

Both supermarkets have been evacuated and closed in Garthdee (where I stay) and a hotel is being used as a refuge centre.

Surprised there hasn't been anymore posted on this.

About 1/2 mile from where I am in the south of Aberdeen,there is absolute carnage.

River Dee has burst its banks,roads closed,power lost in several places.

There was an announcement from the tannoy after the game tonight telling fans to travel very carefully going home as the south of the city was carnage.

Seen blue lights at one of the bridges to head south and also the police chopper apparently looking for people after a car was spotted floating down the river.

Obviously that part is word of mouth.

But on a whole,it's not good here.

Both supermarkets have been evacuated and closed in Garthdee (where I stay) and a hotel is being used as a refuge centre.

It is the NE of Scotland - no one gives toss.

Most folk will have hardly noticed it. A bit of wind and rain. The folk who have been affected will be too busy bailing out, to post on here.

You are very wrong there - lots of people noticed and it was much much more than a bit of wind and rain.

I suppose it depends on your definition of the word "most".

There is a big difference between "Most folk" and "lots of people"

The only reason most folk didn't notice is because most folk don't care because it is the NE of Scotland.

The only reason most folk didn't notice is because most folk don't care because it is the NE of Scotland.

Some folk in the SW noticed it as well but most folk don't live in the NE or the SW so "most folk" hardly noticed it. It was a wee bit windy and it rained. It's winter, it's Scotland, what do folk expect?

Some folk in the SW noticed it as well but most folk don't live in the NE or the SW so "most folk" hardly noticed it. It was a wee bit windy and it rained. It's winter, it's Scotland, what do folk expect?

This certainly wasn't a normal winter.

468ACCFD-BC82-42A5-AE98-51502505AD16_zps

There's football pitches under there somewhere,and the slope down to them is rather significant.

E4822B0C-EEE2-4E13-84FE-E70B1F3F2E04_zps

This one speaks for itself.

It was a wee bit windy and it rained. It's winter, it's Scotland, what do folk expect?

Just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it so. It hasn't been like this in all the years I have lived here so even if you decide to say it again it won't change the fact that it was more than just a wee bit of wind and rain.

Just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it so. It hasn't been like this in all the years I have lived here so even if you decide to say it again it won't change the fact that it was more than just a wee bit of wind and rain.

it happens somewhere in Scotland most years. It just happens to be your turn this year. Most folk in Scotland haven't been flooded so to them it's just winter. A wee bit wetter than average but nothing to worry about.

it happens somewhere in Scotland most years. It just happens to be your turn this year. Most folk in Scotland haven't been flooded so to them it's just winter. A wee bit wetter than average but nothing to worry about.

But that is exactly my point - when it has happened in the other places we have heard all about it....