Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K - Page 15 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K

2 hours ago, Alan said:

McGarry update!

Yesterday she apologised to our most successful living author and acknowledged the screenshots she sent were PhotoShopped.

She also stated she continues to give to charity at home and abroad but no update on the missing £30k.

1 hour ago, joe545 said:

Naw she never. She said the screenshots were taken out of context. 

5 minutes ago, phart said:

Can we have a quote on this, not that i believe Alan would resort to sophistry.

The particular screen grab from JK Rowling didn't give the correct context to her relationship with a tweeter, so for that, I apologise.

No mention of photoshop at all that I can see. I'm actually pretty free this week I might get involved in some of these debates, just to combat the lies. On the board 2 minutes and already had to fix two claims that were nonsense. We're all adults get a grip of your minds FFS.

2 hours ago, Alan said:

McGarry update!

Yesterday she apologised to our most successful living author and acknowledged the screenshots she sent were PhotoShopped.

She also stated she continues to give to charity at home and abroad but no update on the missing £30k.

1 hour ago, joe545 said:

Naw she never. She said the screenshots were taken out of context. 

5 minutes ago, phart said:

Can we have a quote on this, not that i believe Alan would resort to sophistry.

The particular screen grab from JK Rowling didn't give the correct context to her relationship with a tweeter, so for that, I apologise.

No mention of photoshop at all that I can see. I'm actually pretty free this week I might get involved in some of these debates, just to combat the lies. On the board 2 minutes and already had to fix two claims that were nonsense. We're all adults get a grip of your minds FFS.

When I saw this thread had been bumped I thought it must have been about Mr Natalie making a silly billy of himself the other day by accusing Humza Yousaf of racism (for supporting the BDS campaign, which supports boycotting Israeli goods in protest against the Israeli government's actions in Palestine).

The generous appraisal of that situation is that he was simply doing the gentlemanly thing and trying to divert some of the flack from his Mrs.  A more accurate appraisal (I suspect) is that he is just as big a zoomer as she is!

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/02/2016 at 2:34 PM, phart said:

Sounds like Hasbara. Is this common in SNP households?

So now she starts calling someone a holocuast denier at 3am.

Is it possible to find out who selected her, and remove them from that process. Why did she get in, she is a total bombscare.

I want to know more about her but not sure where to go to get it.

15 minutes ago, phart said:

Neice of the presiding officer, daughter of councilor, I had no idea hereditary leadership was such a thing in the SNP. 

It's not exactly a secret.  The SNP are hardly unique in that.

Did you know she's getting married to a Tory as well?

27 minutes ago, andymac said:

To be fair, tories are fantastic in bed.

well they know all about phukking others...  

but to equate that to being good in bed is a long shot....:lol:

18 hours ago, phart said:

So now she starts calling someone a holocuast denier at 3am.

Is it possible to find out who selected her, and remove them from that process. Why did she get in, she is a total bombscare.

I want to know more about her but not sure where to go to get it.

Each SNP branch member was given the opportunity to select the candidate for their parliamentary consituency.  It baffles me how the branch(es) that make up the Glasgow East constituency could select her - IIRC she was one of quite a few prospective candidates too.  Then again, they did once pick the bonkers John Mason!

4 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Each SNP branch member was given the opportunity to select the candidate for their parliamentary consituency.  It baffles me how the branch(es) that make up the Glasgow East constituency could select her - IIRC she was one of quite a few prospective candidates too.  Then again, they did once pick the bonkers John Mason!

think she had quite a bit of Yes campaign bounce due to her being quite high profile during it.  Clear she is an absolute roaster.  Liability.

32 minutes ago, scotlad said:

John Mason is awesome! Future SNP leader that one...

56 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Both of them defeated the even more bonkers Mags Curran. There are a lot of bonkers politicians going aboot.

Let's measure the madness.

We'll start wit:

Mason:guy who thinks a book about someone purporting to be the son of the creator of the universe, wrote by people who never met the person or were alive when they existed, gives him the authority to legislate on peoples lives cause he is following the creator of the universes doctrine.

McGarry: is up at 3:09am calling political opponents "holocaust deniers" then waking up and deleting shit.

What's the maddest thing Curran did? I'll probably give you madder than McGarry but i need some evidence to beat Mason.

14 minutes ago, phart said:

Let's measure the madness.

We'll start wit:

Mason:guy who thinks a book about someone purporting to be the son of the creator of the universe, wrote by people who never met the person or were alive when they existed, gives him the authority to legislate on peoples lives cause he is following the creator of the universes doctrine.

McGarry: is up at 3:09am calling political opponents "holocaust deniers" then waking up and deleting shit.

What's the maddest thing Curran did? I'll probably give you madder than McGarry but i need some evidence to beat Mason.

I seem to remember her taking a cardboard cutout of David Tennant out canvassing with her. That's pretty mad.

28 minutes ago, phart said:

McGarry is wholly unsuited to her job and I trust that the Glasgow East SNP members will think more carefully when the time comes to chose their candidate in 2020.

However on Curran, I happen to know from a pal who was out canvassing for McGarry during the election that Curran's campaigners got desperate and heavily played the old fashioned sectarian card during the final week. 

They were telling people about McGarry - "She's not from our community, but Mags is. You should vote for one of your own". 

9 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

However on Curran, I happen to know from a pal who was out canvassing for McGarry during the election that Curran's campaigners got desperate and heavily played the old fashioned sectarian card during the final week. 

Which was pretty mental considering McGarry is also from an Irish Catholic background.  Her offices had the locks superglued twice as well.

17 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

McGarry is wholly unsuited to her job and I trust that the Glasgow East SNP members will think more carefully when the time comes to chose their candidate in 2020.

They were telling people about McGarry - "She's not from our community, but Mags is. You should vote for one of your own". 

The SNP MP in my constituency played the race card by claiming that the incumbent Labour MP's activists were all English and that all hers were local.

The story that Cove Sheep told me the other day with a Labour incumbent using homophobic material against his SNP challenger in Aberdeen was also out of order.

Absolutely no need in all cases.

Edited by Scunnered

5 minutes ago, aaid said:

Which was pretty mental considering McGarry is also from an Irish Catholic background.  Her offices had the locks superglued twice as well.

I doubt auld Curran was running about with glue :lol:. Perhaps it was McGarrys own activists upon realising she was bat shit crazy?