Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K

Rowling jumped on it pretty quickly so it looks more like something automated than just doing a random search.

You have to ask yourself though, why would someone who is worth £500 million and is by any stretch of the imagination successful, want to search through Twitter to see if people are talking about them? Tends to suggest some sort of insecurity.

Exactly what I was about to ask. Shes obviously one sad individual. (PS I know the telly is shite).

Social media amused itself briefly tonight over a spat between former SNP MP (now independent) Natalie McGarry and children’s author and hedge enthusiast JK Rowling.

It started like this:

rowlingnmg.jpg

And then some stuff happened.

Read the rest of this entry →

Tags: misinformation
Category comment, media

The bargain of evil143
Posted on January 28, 2016 by Rev. Stuart Campbell

The Scottish Daily Mail’s front page lead today is so galactically despicable that it’s easy to overlook another story that it bundles in with the same “SNP BAD” attack.

whitfordkerevan1-1.jpg

While excoriating Dr Philippa Whitford for having the sheer shameless gall to help save women’s lives in her holidays, the alleged newspaper also devotes a page-high article to an attack on another Nat MP, George Kerevan, for employing his wife.

The headline, however, omits a rather key fact.

Tags: hypocrisy, smears
Category comment, media, scottish politics, scum

The scum at the bottom of the sewer199
Posted on January 28, 2016 by Rev. Stuart Campbell

As it happens, one of the things that we’ve been occupying ourselves with during the current news drought is pulling together a post called “The SNPBAD Files”, collecting all the desperate smear and innuendo of the Unionist press as it systematically tries to discredit every one of the 56 SNP MPs elected last May.

Until last night we hadn’t been sure which had been the most pathetically dismal. Was it the MP who still did a few haircuts in his barber shop on Saturday afternoons? The one who bought a derelict London house many years before he was an MP, renovated it with his own hands and now sometimes stays there when working at Westminster, rather than charging expenses to the public for accommodation? Or perhaps the one who tweeted that he was opposed to the concept of monarchy, the foul monster?

whitford1.jpg

Now, though, we have a clear winner.

Tags: smears
Category scottish politics, media, comment, scum

Kezia Dugdale Fact Check, part 675166
Posted on January 27, 2016 by Rev. Stuart Campbell

Here’s Kezia in the Independent yesterday:

powerful1.jpg

powerful.jpg

The most powerful? Did it just get promoted?

aye, well ... what can i say....

stay in the shadows....

Spanner is a , but he's a for many of the same reasons that Wings is a . I wouldn't click on a link to Spanner either sir.

In my humble opinion it takes a special sort to call Spanner a and then link to Wings in the same post, you're certainly a special sprt comrade Stocky. Never change :ok:

Spanner is a ######, but he's a ###### for many of the same reasons that Wings is a ######. I wouldn't click on a link to Spanner either sir.

In my humble opinion it takes a special sort to call Spanner a ###### and then link to Wings in the same post, you're certainly a special sprt comrade Stocky. Never change :ok:

the point is that Rowling follows Spanner, she even said' he is the headliner writer the sun never had' and has many comments supporting him,

Mc Garry was pointing this out. McGarry was truthful in her tweet, she said nothing wrong, but has been bullied by Rowling and vilified by the MSM

Surprisingly enough Spanner has now apologised to all he insulted, not just SNP, Maigrit Curren as well.

A debate about Wings is a different debate, for another time, wings has his faults,

This thread is about Mcgarry and Rowling, i was only giving the other side.

the point is that Rowling follows Spanner, she even said' he is the headliner writer the sun never had' and has many comments supporting him,

Supporting him or supporting his misogyny? That's what's key. From where I'm sitting (yes, high horse), the equivalent would be for me to say that you are supporting a homophobic troll by supporting Wings. This from my POV is where McGarry went wrong. It would be factual for me to say "Stocky supports Wings Over Scotland", it would be slanderous for me to say "Stocky supports Wing's homophobic abuse".

Supporting him or supporting his misogyny? That's what's key. From where I'm sitting (yes, high horse), the equivalent would be for me to say that you are supporting a homophobic troll by supporting Wings. This from my POV is where McGarry went wrong. It would be factual for me to say "Stocky supports Wings Over Scotland", it would be slanderous for me to say "Stocky supports Wing's homophobic abuse".

In essence though, that's exactly what McGarry was saying, that Spanner is a misogynist and Rowling has been supportive of him.

Edited by aaid

Obviously, I'm following Natalie McGarry so I can look back at her tweets and another interesting fact is that JK Rowling wasn't copied in on the original tweet that set the whole thing. It was one of those "non public" conversations so only the people included and anyone who follows all of them would see it on their timeline. She's obviously got some sort of bot that goes through looking for any mention of her name.

Did you fave McGarry recent tweet on misshapen vegetables and how tasty they were in Cyprus? She is an absolute balloon. The intellectual capacity of Rik from The Young Ones.

Did you fave McGarry recent tweet on misshapen vegetables and how tasty they were in Cyprus? She is an absolute balloon. The intellectual capacity of Rik from The Young Ones.

You are Brian Spanner and I claim my £10.

ok i agree with that..

and that has made it a wee bit clearer as well..

cheers, I knew you would come in useful sometime :wink2::wink2::wink2::-))

.. ;-)

Edited by stocky

Examples please, Scunnered.

Failure to provide evidence, shall leave me with no option but to take this offline.

Examples please, Scunnered.

Failure to provide evidence, shall leave me with no option but to take this offline.

During the Indy ref I made a passionate plea on here for people not to link undecideds to Wings following his homophobic abuse of Hothersall. Use his information if need be but don't link it, he done some decent work but was too easily exploited by folk pointing out what a horrible he is. The thread should still be around in the archive if you can be arsed. Edited by Scunnered

I think you are mixing up his website and his twitter account again.