Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K - Page 16 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K

Just now, Scunnered said:

I doubt auld Curran was running about with glue :lol:. Perhaps it was McGarrys own activists upon realising she was bat shit crazy?

Probably Jim Murphy, he's got a fondness for the Evostik, allegedly.

2 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

The SNP MP in my constituency played the race card by claiming that the incumbent Labour MP's activists were all English and that all hers were local.

The story that Cove Sheep told me the other day with a Labour incumbent using homophobic material against his SNP challenger in Aberdeen was also out of order.

Absolutely no need in all cases.

I might have humoured you on that one.

Except for the fact that Labour activists spread an absolutely vile rumour that Patricia Gibson was somehow responsible for a very sensitive personal tragedy that affected her some years ago. The details of which are really upsetting and are a blight on the "Scottish" Labour Party's North Ayrshire & Arran members. Mon the Gibson.

5 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I might have humoured you on that one.

Humour me all you want, I posted about it at the time with evidence and it was condemned widely by the SNP contingent on here.

As for the latter part of your post, it's the first I've heard of it from any source so unless you have evidence I'll just assume you're talking shite.

It's far too personal to post on here but this particular attack on Patricia Gibson revealed Katie Clarke's footsoldiers to be fecked up in the head such was the tragedy they twisted and tried to exploit for their own gain.

Dismiss it if you want, I'm not discosing the details on here. But I know it to be true and I'm stand by what I've said.

5 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

It's far too personal to post on here but this particular attack on Patricia Gibson revealed Katie Clarke's footsoldiers to be fecked up in the head such was the tragedy they twisted and tried to exploit for their own gain.

Dismiss it if you want, I'm not discosing the details on here. But I know it to be true and I'm stand by what I've said.

One of Gibsons staffers has no idea what you're talking about.

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'm not revealing where I got it from but needless to say I have absolutely no reason to doubt them. 

You just said you knew it to be true, and now you're telling me it's second hand information. A friend of mine a Gibson staffer (known to be my friend by SNP sorts on here) has absolutely no idea what you're on about. Either provide evidence, or withdraw your smear and start questioning your dubious sources.

1 minute ago, Scunnered said:

You just said you knew it to be true, and now you're telling me it's second hand information. A friend of mine a Gibson staffer (known to be my friend by SNP sorts on here) has absolutely no idea what you're on about. Either provide evidence, or withdraw your smear and start questioning your dubious sources.

No, I stand by it. 

Shoot me.

9 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

No, I stand by it. 

Shoot me.

Then it's simple. Either you or your "source" are a despicable liar, and in the absence of your source then I'll assume they don't exist. 

In the words of the constituency MSP of the year, LIAR!

10 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

Then it's simple. Either you or your "source" are a despicable liar, and in the absence of your source then I'll assume they don't exist. 

In the words of the constituency MSP of the year, LIAR!

That's nice of you to say. 

Goodbye.

22 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

McGarry is wholly unsuited to her job and I trust that the Glasgow East SNP members will think more carefully when the time comes to chose their candidate in 2020.

However on Curran, I happen to know from a pal who was out canvassing for McGarry during the election that Curran's campaigners got desperate and heavily played the old fashioned sectarian card during the final week.

They were telling people about McGarry - "She's not from our community, but Mags is. You should vote for one of your own".

Do you think it was sectarian or by 'our community' could they have just meant the east end, and that McGarry is a 'carpet bagger' from the sou'side?

23 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Both of them defeated the even more bonkers Mags Curran. There are a lot of bonkers politicians going aboot.

Aye, there sure is.  Most don't represent political parties who are ideologically opposed to Scotland remaining part of the United Kingdom though.  McGarry is a gift for a certain type of Tweeter - the type with a penchant for British Armed Forces, Rangers or Tunnock's Teacake (:blink:) Twibbons.  In their minds they are attacking someting much bigger - McGarry is simply a proxy.

Search her name on Twitter and the results read like a social media equivalent of a pack of hyenas descending on the slowest, doziest wildebeest in the herd; the one with the unfathomable tendency to seek out the biggest, nastiest, most powerful and vindictive hyena possible - such one with an army of sycophants who writes weans stories in its spare time - and yank its tail.

6 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Do you think it was sectarian or by 'our community' could they have just meant the east end, and that McGarry is a 'carpet bagger' from the sou'side?

No, it was definitely sectarian in nature and from memory was some alleged comment from her as regarding the Famine song being "banter".  Naturally she denied this - as you would - but I think it was one of those situations where there was no-one who actual heard her say it but plenty of people who "knew" someone who heard it.   I seem to remember Jeanette Findlay being involved somehow.

I've been following Natalie McGarry on Twitter since the referendum - its certainly a lively account to follow! - so saw a lot of this, albeit one-sided, play itself out.  

There were a slew of fake "Natalie McGarry" accounts being set up spreading garbage that had to be constantly taken down.  I'm not talking about obvious parody accounts like Angry Salmond or A_LordDarling (amazed at the number of people who think that's not a parody account btw) but ones designed to look like her and spread lies.

I wasn't following her at the time but I understand there was a really nasty campaign waged against her in the Cowdenbeath by-election.

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

I wasn't following her at the time but I understand there was a really nasty campaign waged against her in the Cowdenbeath by-election.

Can't remember the exact details but I seem to remember she said something about being stalked and I also remember Salmond getting involved, something about a "dishonest" mailer rings a bell.  I was following McGarry back then as I knew her from WFI, she was just as unhinged then as she was now...  Just she didn't have the same level of responsibility or publicity as she does now.

5 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

There's going to be many more to come...  As Labour attracted the scum, villainy and ne'er-do-wells as the establishment party, the SNP will do so now.

Law of averages.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Alan said:

More money unaccounted for. Did she write the economics of the White Paper? Couldn't look after a pub kitty.

http://www.thenational.scot/news/mp-natalie-mcgarry-at-the-centre-of-probe-into-finances-of-snp-association.15658htm

Funny how this has become a big story but the one about Unionist politicians fiddling with kids has just vanished  from the news.