New Strip Launch - Page 21 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Strip Launch

Gala Tartan Army (Borders)

My son bought a £10 home top from China . When we compared it to the real deal I bought from JD Sport there was no comparison , the colour was completely wrong . It was kind of similar to the Tartan Morton top of the 90s , the same shade of blue as St Johnstone . My advice , don't buy the pirate home tops they are all wrong !

That is exactly what happened to me. For the fee though I won't be complaining. I'll just wear it to all my pool parties(insert Barrymore gag here) this Summer. Nobody here will know.

Edited by Ormond

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is exactly what happened to me. For the fee though I won't be complaining. I'll just wear it to all my pool parties(insert Barrymore here) this Summer. Nobody here will know.

I have corrected that one for you....

Wearing a fitba top to a 'party' is worse than anything Barrymore ever did.

What do I win?

Pool parties I went to this year were all at my mates houses. As relaxed as possible. Beer, bbqs and plenty of swimming. Fake fitba' tops do just fine for that!

Just back up in Ayr for new year and popped into local JD sports to have a look at new range. Very poor quality both shirts (no matter the colour!).

Bought the away one last time as didn't like the silver badge nonsense (and am a fan of the wacky 90's style shirts).

Won't be getting either this time and the training gear is again bog standard fodder the same as Ayr United have. Would rather support my local team than the sfa robbers. No sewn on badge on all the training / leisure gear is another no-no.

Maybe I'm just getting old and turning into victor meldrew after so many failed campaigns!!!

Got my wee boys Ali express away strip today, sizes on offer were 1-2 or 3-4, he's 2 1/2 but quite big, so went 3-4 thinking worse case it would be good for summer.

It's massive, gave it to my 6 year old cousin, too big for him too. Only slightly too small for his 9 year old big brother.

:lol:

Looks decent enough though, would be interesting to see it side by side with the real one.