Good Luck Bosnia Thread - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Good Luck Bosnia Thread

We've nobody to blame but ourselves for not qualifying.

Good luck to all those have have qualified.

Irish fans beside us at Parkhead were first class & despite our OTT celebrations queued up to shake hands at f/t.

Of course its crap that Them, Wales, N. Ireland & ROI are all going and we're left at home but can't really grudge anyone their place there.

Just hoping that sometime soon (very soon please) that fans of other countries are saying pleased they are to see us qualify.

:ok:

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James Morrison.

Don't know if he actually claims to be Scottish. Mind you, I don't know whether McGeady and McCarthy actually claim to be Irish either - anyway, they obviously backed the right horse.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Morrison's father isn't Scottish - think it's a Scottish granny case?

Edited by Charlie Endell

Don't know if he actually claims to be Scottish. Mind you, I don't know whether McGeady and McCarthy actually claim to be Irish either - anyway, they obviously backed the right horse.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Morrison's father isn't Scottish - think it's a Scottish granny case?

His dad's from Darlington. Went to school with my dad.

Thanks to all the decent TA who have wished us well. Wish you were with us travelling to France

Why does that make them decent? I wanted Bosnia to win in view of everything they've been through as a nation in recent years.

They've also not stolen two of our best players.

Thanks to all the decent TA who have wished us well. Wish you were with us travelling to France

Good luck. Hope you get England and N Ireland and pump them.

Aye you can't say they didn't deserve it, regardless of the quality of their football. That's the game, getting points whatever way you can. Something we've struggled with.

That's the truth of it.

And something every other nation in Europe with an ounce of footballing nous has achieved at some point over the last 16 years. Never mind being drawn into tough groups, or dodgy referees, or playing games in high temperatures, or at the end of a tough season, or the start of a new season - all bollocks excuses. Every other decent sized nation has managed to qualify for something since '98.

Ireland respond to the lows of the handball vs France in the last qualifiers by stepping up when needed and qualifying for the very next tournament. It seems to take us a couple of qualifying tournaments to recover from a 'near-miss'.