Emotional Rollercoaster - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Emotional Rollercoaster

Feels like the scottish cup final 2012 ask any hibs/hearts fan how they felt before the game and the build up. Win it was the greatest day in history lose and it was like a knife through the heart. Constant reminder as you worked and shared a city with the opposition.

I know this is bigger than any football game but the emotion feels the same.

Aw FFS! :-))

p.s Your right.

:ok:

there was only a 4 week gap between the semi and the final and that was bad enough

but this has been building up for so long it really is getting unbearable and i am struggling to concentrate on anything else since i got back from Germany.

Everyone i know is getting sick of me going on about this and the wife 'can't wait until its over so i can go back to talking about football'

Its going to be a long few days

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm absolutely terrified, veering between thinking that the big turnout of the normally unengaged and young will give a clear majority and thinking that I've fooled myself into thinking that and can't see what's going on because of my partisan feelings.

Reassured by one or two people on FB who are friends of mine who I would never, ever have expected to express a political opinion publically coming out in recent days though.

I don't know how to feel. I'm going to be down south on a training course until Thursday evening as well (postal vote already sent in), so need to put up with London BBC plus worried I'm going to encounter some opinionated twats and end up lamping someone.

I wish I was going to be at home for the next few days, I feel I'm missing out on history.

Feels like the scottish cup final 2012 ask any hibs/hearts fan how they felt before the game and the build up. Win it was the greatest day in history lose and it was like a knife through the heart. Constant reminder as you worked and shared a city with the opposition.

Funny, I've been thinking the same thing for a while. And as we can testify, the low after that could only be equalled by the Jambos high.

Now imagine it with something important like your countries future and the future of your children.

J

I was at that Final and felt nervous for both sets of fans!

I was speaking to a friend who is a staunch No voter yesterday.

He is convinved they are going to lose.

I hope he's right but that's not the point I am making. The stakes are huge, and it is natural to feel worried and pessimistic about the result whatever side you are on.

Even if we have a 55% majority, 45% of the electorate is a substantial part of the population, and at times you will have conversations and experiences that will bring your confidence down

I don't think this result can be accurately predicted by opinion polls, or any other kind of official or unofficial poll. We'll only be sure when the results are in on Friday.

But Yes is by far the most visible campaign at grassroots level and out on the streets. It is by far the most positive campaign. And it presents a very rare opportunity to people.

The above factors have brought independence within reach, and I personally believe they will get us over that line.

I was speaking to a friend who is a staunch No voter yesterday.

He is convinved they are going to lose.

I hope he's right but that's not the point I am making. The stakes are huge, and it is natural to feel worried and pessimistic about the result whatever side you are on.

Even if we have a 55% majority, 45% of the electorate is a substantial part of the population, and at times you will have conversations and experiences that will bring your confidence down

I don't think this result can be accurately predicted by opinion polls, or any other kind of official or unofficial poll. We'll only be sure when the results are in on Friday.

But Yes is by far the most visible campaign at grassroots level and out on the streets. It is by far the most positive campaign. And it presents a very rare opportunity to people.

The above factors have brought independence within reach, and I personally believe they will get us over that line.

its dangerous to assume that a highly visible campaign means a positive outcome. Labour No advisors are totally convinced they are going to win from their activists on the ground.

I'm just becoming a gibbering wreck.Its taken over virtually every aspect of my life just now. Working nightshift is my only escape form it but during the day I'm reading facebook and the TAMB for reassurance. Conversely, Im watching Sky News and BBC News all day which makes me downright angry with the bias and sucking up to establishment.

As has been said , if the media had been fair then I would have accepted a NO vote if that was the democratic wish of the people - but its YES or nothing for me,

ps and even with the TAMB I have to put up with thee rantings of our resident village idiot - we all know who he is but I cannot name him as an idiot as I will receive a further ban for personal abuse.

Edited by irnbruman

I hope that I feel the same as I did after the Cup Final on Friday.

its dangerous to assume that a highly visible campaign means a positive outcome. Labour No advisors are totally convinced they are going to win from their activists on the ground.

I'm not taking anything for granted.

If Labour No advisors say they are totally convinced I would suggest that their opinion is bravado rather than a reflection of reality. I think we will shade it but it is too close to be certain about anything.

I just don't understand the staunch No viewpoint.

You live in what could potentially be one of the most wealthy independent countries on the planet. Why would you want to be ruled by a government that you can't realistically influence? Furthermore, why would you want to be ruled by said government given their disdain for your country? How can you be so certain that your country is so incapable of making a go of things?

I can understand the undecideds/ soft Nos. They are living in a country where the media and your of institutionalisation is telling them that they are too wee and too rubbish to be any good. But there is still a part of these people that believes that an independent country can be a success. They just need a reason to believe in an independent Scotland.

I have no doubt whatsoever that if there was more media backing for Yes, we would not be talking about 'if' we could win. Instead we would be talking about the margin of victory.

Re the earlier football analogy. Scottish cup is way too small.

What we have is Scotland vs the rest of the world,in the final, aye all of them at same time and getting to the penalty shoot out. Each player has to take 500 shots each...and were down the last kick. All or nothing.

Edited by mariokempes56

Today has been a weird day...... A definite lull in proceedings, certainly from the press. Also FB & the TAMB quiet as well. Nerves were creeping in earlier & for the first time during the whole campaign I began to have negative thoughts, mostly centered around the 65+ age group & the silent people who have not engaged in the debate at all but will flood to the polling stations to vote NO on Thursday. BUT then, half an hour ago, I took a wander to the shop & my mood is once again soaring. 3 or 4 days ago there were plenty YES signs in house windows around me but today there are absolutely fecking loads, at least twice the amount there were a few days ago :) I live in Inverness, is this being replicated around the country?