Spfl Weekend Action - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Spfl Weekend Action

What a heap of utter pish.

Stating how things are is not 'acceptance of poor standards'.

Do you think we're not trying to make things better ? And what 'steps' should we take to resolve the slide.....maybe go out, spend a few million, and put ourselves into liquidation ?

Fuxsake.

Sensitive wee soul tonight?

Look back up the thread. It's littered with the placating statements like we're 5 points better than last season etc.

I haven't seen Aberdeen this season so am only going on what I see here.

Parky seems to think you were lucky on your winning run and this is just a bit of karma redistribution.

From what I'm hearing you've deserved to lose the last 4 which is poor off the back of an 8 game winning run.

I was simply wondering why.

The concensus, from what I've read here, is that it's McInnes fault for fiddling with the team.

Do you agree?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sensitive wee soul tonight?

Look back up the thread. It's littered with the placating statements like we're 5 points better than last season etc.

I haven't seen Aberdeen this season so am only going on what I see here.

Parky seems to think you were lucky on your winning run and this is just a bit of karma redistribution.

From what I'm hearing you've deserved to lose the last 4 which is poor off the back of an 8 game winning run.

I was simply wondering why.

The concensus, from what I've read here, is that it's McInnes fault for fiddling with the team.

Do you agree?

I'm not sensitive in the slightest.

It's simply that your last post was full of so much guff it was ridiculous.

Tell us what steps Rangers would have taken to put things right, that Aberdeen aren't doing.

I'm not sensitive in the slightest.

It's simply that your last post was full of so much guff it was ridiculous.

Tell us what steps Rangers would have taken to put things right, that Aberdeen aren't doing.

In fairness, Rangers have nothing to do with Aberdeen's current form and he was only asking a question. To bring us into it is tending towards whataboutery. It's difficult to answer you though, but I'll try. Some Aberdeen fans on here are having a mild dig at McInnes for his team selections lately so if Warburton was having similar problems, I would implore him to stop playing (say) Dean Shiels and start playing the in-form Nicky Law instead.

There has been the occasional sweeping post made (not by you, I hasten to add) in the last few weeks that Aberdeen's poor run should be ignored because teams top of the league often have blips and whilst they are top, it doesn't really matter. It comes across as trying to deflect from what appears, to an outsider like me, to be a rather curious slump. Now that you are no longer top of the league, the next few games will tell if/how the players and management react.

In fairness, Rangers have nothing to do with Aberdeen's current form and he was only asking a question. To bring us into it is tending towards whataboutery. It's difficult to answer you though, but I'll try. Some Aberdeen fans on here are having a mild dig at McInnes for his team selections lately so if Warburton was having similar problems, I would implore him to stop playing (say) Dean Shiels and start playing the in-form Nicky Law instead.

There has been the occasional sweeping post made (not by you, I hasten to add) in the last few weeks that Aberdeen's poor run should be ignored because teams top of the league often have blips and whilst they are top, it doesn't really matter. It comes across as trying to deflect from what appears, to an outsider like me, to be a rather curious slump. Now that you are no longer top of the league, the next few games will tell if/how the players and management react.

I don't get this.

He stated clearly that Aberdeen fans are happily accepting this loss in form, and if it were Rangers, something would immediately be done about it. I didn't bring Rangers into it, Renfrew did.

Firstly.....what else are we meant to be doing, other than acknowledging that the team is in poor form, but at the same time stating that, hey, the bigger picture (we're one point off top of the league) isn't that bad at this exact moment ?

Secondly...your point about imploring Warburton is rather curious. How do you mean 'imploring' ? Do you mean, you'd go and talk to him and after a frank discussion he'd say 'you know Wolfie, you're right. I think I'll bring Nicky Law back into the side. Thanks'.....or do you mean, you'd do what the rest of us do....moan about it on a message board or to your mates in the pub ? (No disrespect intended).

Fact is, every Dons fan is concerned about the lack of form and in our laymans way we're looking for what we see are easy solutions to it.....the most obvious seeming to be, get back to playing the same team and tactics that was succesful for 2 months.

Of course, as we all know, it's probably not as simple as that.

However, given our amazing start to the season and the general upward trend of the club and team, McInnes and the players have a fair amount of credit. The fans aren't pleased, but there'll be no crisis, no panic. We know that sooner or later (hopefully next week), the wins will start coming again.

I don't get this.

He stated clearly that Aberdeen fans are happily accepting this loss in form, and if it were Rangers, something would immediately be done about it. I didn't bring Rangers into it, Renfrew did.

Firstly.....what else are we meant to be doing, other than acknowledging that the team is in poor form, but at the same time stating that, hey, the bigger picture (we're one point off top of the league) isn't that bad at this exact moment ?

Secondly...your point about imploring Warburton is rather curious. How do you mean 'imploring' ? Do you mean, you'd go and talk to him and after a frank discussion he'd say 'you know Wolfie, you're right. I think I'll bring Nicky Law back into the side. Thanks'.....or do you mean, you'd do what the rest of us do....moan about it on a message board or to your mates in the pub ? (No disrespect intended).

Fact is, every Dons fan is concerned about the lack of form and in our laymans way we're looking for what we see are easy solutions to it.....the most obvious seeming to be, get back to playing the same team and tactics that was succesful for 2 months.

Of course, as we all know, it's probably not as simple as that.

However, given our amazing start to the season and the general upward trend of the club and team, McInnes and the players have a fair amount of credit. The fans aren't pleased, but there'll be no crisis, no panic. We know that sooner or later (hopefully next week), the wins will start coming again.

That's about the best answer I've had on this so far. Obviously McInnes has credit in the bank. He's done a good job so far. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned Rangers as it wasn't a "look at us, we're great" type thing. More the fact that after winning but playing poorly the team had an inquest to find out why. They were just the most obvious recent example of trying to fix things when they don't go right.

It's odd but there's a definite fatalistic acceptance that Celtic will win the league. I understand them being favourites but to accept it just now is very strange. Some Dons fans on here have said this before you have another fit. ;-)

Is McInnes the new tinker man or do Aberdeen have injuries to key players or are they just off form as a group?

I might start watching Sportscene to see just how bad\unlucky they've been.

That's about the best answer I've had on this so far. Obviously McInnes has credit in the bank. He's done a good job so far. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned Rangers as it wasn't a "look at us, we're great" type thing. More the fact that after winning but playing poorly the team had an inquest to find out why. They were just the most obvious recent example of trying to fix things when they don't go right.

It's odd but there's a definite fatalistic acceptance that Celtic will win the league. I understand them being favourites but to accept it just now is very strange. Some Dons fans on here have said this before you have another fit. ;-)

Is McInnes the new tinker man or do Aberdeen have injuries to key players or are they just off form as a group?

I might start watching Sportscene to see just how bad\unlucky they've been.

It's hard to deny that there's an acceptance that Celtic will win the league....but I don't think you can blame Aberdeen fans for that. It's not an acceptance of (Aberdeen's) failure, it's a simple nod to the reality of Scottish football.

If Dons fans were going around stating that we were going to be Champions, there would be accusations of arrogance and of an unwillingness to accept the lessons of recent history and financial realities.

Of course, we would like to win the league..... :wink2: .....but realistically we know we're looking at 2nd place and decent cup runs. That';s why McInnes's decision to give fringe players a run out against Hibs was so disappointing.

As to your question about the reasons....I suppose if we had an answer we'd apply it and things would be fine again. The fans see that we played a pretty consistent side for the 8 games that we won, and in the last 4 games we've chopped and changed and some of the team selections have swayed between illogical to daft to almost incomprehensible.

The team have played badly as a unit, that's for sure. Unlucky has nothing to do with it, we've deserved to lose every game that we have.

I do believe though (probably like most) that we have too good a squad not to recover from this. Along with Celtic, we're probably the only side in the Premiership capable of winning a few games on the bounce, and in the end, we'll find our mojo again.

Hopefully... :wink2::wink2:

It's hard to deny that there's an acceptance that Celtic will win the league....but I don't think you can blame Aberdeen fans for that. It's not an acceptance of (Aberdeen's) failure, it's a simple nod to the reality of Scottish football.

If Dons fans were going around stating that we were going to be Champions, there would be accusations of arrogance and of an unwillingness to accept the lessons of recent history and financial realities.

Of course, we would like to win the league..... :wink2: .....but realistically we know we're looking at 2nd place and decent cup runs. That';s why McInnes's decision to give fringe players a run out against Hibs was so disappointing.

As to your question about the reasons....I suppose if we had an answer we'd apply it and things would be fine again. The fans see that we played a pretty consistent side for the 8 games that we won, and in the last 4 games we've chopped and changed and some of the team selections have swayed between illogical to daft to almost incomprehensible.

The team have played badly as a unit, that's for sure. Unlucky has nothing to do with it, we've deserved to lose every game that we have.

I do believe though (probably like most) that we have too good a squad not to recover from this. Along with Celtic, we're probably the only side in the Premiership capable of winning a few games on the bounce, and in the end, we'll find our mojo again.

Hopefully... :wink2::wink2:

Fair points. It's more than just Dons fans that display the acceptance of Celtic winning and it's almost understandable.

I just think Aberdeen and the other teams need to try and avoid that type of thought process or they're beaten before they start.

I do think Aberdeen will come good again but maybe I had hoped they'd keep the pressure on Celtic for bit longer. I'd say the fact that Celtic are now top means they'll grow in confidence.

Hopefully I'm totally wrong and that's the last game you'll lose this season. ;-)

Greg Kiltie will play for Scotland.

Looks better than Naisy was at 18.

As long as he's a level headed, hard working guy like Naismith then he'll be a success. Any idea if he's got the right mentality to be a hit?

He's exactly the same as Naisy. He comes from a footballing family and has his head screwed on. We'll lose him for peanuts sadly.

Sadly that's the way modern football is these days. Hopefully he's a major hit and the fee is at least reasonable.

If he's half the man Naismith is then he'll do ok.