Spfl Weekend Action - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Spfl Weekend Action

Heard most of the game on the radio and sounded like Motherwell were the better team, with the Aberdeen 'keeper being tipped as MoTM.

Given how awful we've been, I'm pleased with the point and what sounded a much improved performance, but sounded like Motherwell could consider themselves unlucky not to have taken all 3 points.

Sounded a decent end to end game, especially late on!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard most of the game on the radio and sounded like Motherwell were the better team, with the Aberdeen 'keeper being tipped as MoTM.

Given how awful we've been, I'm pleased with the point and what sounded a much improved performance, but sounded like Motherwell could consider themselves unlucky not to have taken all 3 points.

I'd take issue with the claim that Motherwell were the better team. Not saying Aberdeen were but thought other than a crazy last 5 minutes Aberdeen had more control of the game without putting chances away to finish the game.

When a side is on a poor run you always get the feeling that you'll lose a soft goal when the game is tight and that is what happened.

An incorrect lineswoman's call ruled out Aberdeen going 2 up and Pawlett (twice) and Goodwillie both missed great chances with the Well keeper making good saves from Hayes and Logan. Was a slightly bizarre that given all that that we had 4 good saves from Danny Ward to thank for not losing all 3 points in the last few minutes.

I'd think that the last few weeks may have nailed a few careers at Pittodrie with some players unable to cope the pressure of the being the team at the top which others want to beat.

The league is pretty much sewn up for Celtic already going into November.

Their impending European exit means they will sprint away over the next 2 months.

Depressing, considering this is their worst side in over 20 years.

Edited by Mitre

The league is pretty much sewn up for Celtic already going into November.

Their impending European exit means they will sprint away over the next 2 months.

Depressing, considering this is their worst side in over 20 years.

Your last sentence sums up the standard of Scottish football !!!!!

Your last sentence sums up the standard of Scottish football !!!!!

Not sure I get that?

Celtic have 10+ times the resources of everyone else and despite not necessarily using these resources the best they could are still better than everyone else. Probably not 10 times better, so the rest of us are doing ok.

Nah. You were the better team first half without ever looking like creating much. We went in1-0 up and were dominating second half and looking confident again.

McDonald's goal was excellent. Done really well to find space and it was a great header.

We were then hanging on at the end.

Didn't realise aberdeens goal was offside from a dodgy free kick!

:P

To be honest, it was a surprise to most of us that we scored....dodgy or not.

Anyway, we had a goal wrongly chalked off when the lineswoman got her hair in her eyes.... :wink2:

Edited by Rossy

You can't have seen many teams in Europe then.

just making a point mate ,the team maybe tting rogerred every week ,but us fans are not gonna take crap from everyone without giving a wee bit back ,anyway well done for pumping the weeteam on Saturday spoke to a few of your fans in the snug bar before the game ,all seemed happy with your team now

Not sure I get that?

Celtic have 10+ times the resources of everyone else and despite not necessarily using these resources the best they could are still better than everyone else. Probably not 10 times better, so the rest of us are doing ok.

You say that this is the worst celtic side for 20 years !!!! - so for celtic to be 4 points ahead in the league it must mean that the standard across all the teams has dropped.

just making a point mate ,the team maybe tting rogerred every week ,but us fans are not gonna take crap from everyone without giving a wee bit back ,anyway well done for pumping the weeteam on Saturday spoke to a few of your fans in the snug bar before the game ,all seemed happy with your team now

Fair do's!

Aye we seem to have turned a corner. Hopefully do the Tayside treble next week in Perth.

I usually drink in the Snug before Dens/ Tannadice but our bus never arrived until 2.50pm so was straight to the game.