Strachan - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly something changed, first few games under WGS we were more on the front foot, believing in ourselves, crisper passing, better movement. It's been very stale for a while.

His favourites were on form back then.

The likes of Brown, Anya, Mulgrew, Maloney, Hutton were all in good form.

Those favourites started to play poorly - not getting games at club level but he continued to play them. Almost forcing them into the line up.

The likes of Ritchie was in good form - got taken off at HT in games. Griffiths never got a look in. Fletcher at West Brom didnt play a few games. McCarthur been brilliant for Palace, barely played.

Strachans stubborn attitude cost him. Many of those players should have been binned ages ago.

Easy to moan about 'techincal' players but you dont then play a RB at LB then leave out Fletcher, McCarthur etc and play Brown etc.

As much as the rest? Just putting his name in there. :wave:

Aye, get your point Macy but give it time, he might be the one to see is qualify.

I won't be there if the profession is the same.

I'll either be in a box 6 foot under or sat in a chair soaked in pish.

The latter is not much difference to a tour now :lol:

We were in the play offs (Gibraltar to beat), with Ireland drawing 0-0 at 70 minutes, we were 20 mins away from a play off spot???

In a group with Germany, Ireland and Poland, that is not an absolutely disasterous position to have been in.

Games dont finish at 70mins and poor results like Georgia put Scotland in position to allow this type of thing to happen.

Scotland got luck as well. Deflected goals etc.

Fact is we are seven points behind Ireland. We are a lot closer in points to Georgia.

Strachan is the guy that changed the mentality of Scotttish football team. You don`t look like teams from "isles" used to look for years and years.

Such drasting change require time and maybe a bit easier group to encourage such turnovers in tactics and approach to games at the beginning. In my opinion it would be a bad decision to let him go instead of letting him finish his work. But disapointing campaign might be last for wee man i feel.

He will stay but he needs to get rid of his stubborn side.

But needs to bin some of his favourites.

I would get rid of Brown. How can we moan about the technical ability of players when he is picked ahead of good Premier League midfielders like Fletcher and McCarthur. Who have been two of the most on form DMs in the EPL this season while Brown has been technically awful in the SPL.

Can almost guarantee had Mulgrew been fit he would have been at DM tonight as he is another favourite. While better EPL midfielders like Flethcer, McCarthur and Dorrans sit on bench.

Get rid of Hutton. Whittaker been better RB this season and better on ball.

Anya for example been crap for ages but he would have played tonight if fit but Forrest and Ritchie brought far more tonight than he would have.

Other examples but Strachan chose his favs at start of group and refused to budge. Even when a lot of them started playing garbage he till turned to them.

The last four qualifying campaigns we have finished third. This campaign when finishing third got us somewhere we finished fourth.

Fair enough the draw may have been a harder group, but you can only play what's in front of you.

We have finished below Poland and Ireland, both of who failed to beat us, and dropped points to Georgia, who are below us.

I don't see that as progress.