Talkcrap And The Breakfast Show - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Talkcrap And The Breakfast Show

tam4ritchie

Anyone else hear that numpty Brazil on talk shite this morning say he wanted Scotland to do Ireland a favour and beat Poland? The guy is an absolute clown

Heard it driving to work, he obviously doesn't have a clue that we can still reach the play-off's, know's nothing about Scottish football & probably couldn't even name a single player from his beloved Celtic.

Sounds half pissed most of the time.

they've_been_suckered, on 06 Oct 2015 - 10:47 AM, said:

Their lack of preparation/research/knowledge is frightening. Why listen at all?

To give us something to complain about on the internet!! Duh!!

Totally scripted radio station, set up to make money of p*ssed off football fans. Stopped listening to it a while back. Brazil is clueless but the afternoon show is by far the worst. You can tell that Durham and Gough (if it's still him) are both given a script each day, here's what were talking about, here's your opinion and here's your's and it's all done to get a reaction from the listeners.

Totally scripted radio station, set up to make money of p*ssed off football fans. Stopped listening to it a while back. Brazil is clueless but the afternoon show is by far the worst. You can tell that Durham and Gough (if it's still him) are both given a script each day, here's what were talking about, here's your opinion and here's your's and it's all done to get a reaction from the listeners.

Nah, Durham is all about ratings and phoning in figures, and will argue the "Sky is Green and Grass is Blue" just to annoy folk (then contradict himself a few weeks later when a similar topic of the day rises) as all he cares about is his show being the most phoned in one on radio

Though not as much these days, he would be trolling on twitter all day to get folk work up for when his show starts.

It was good when Ian Wright was his co-presenter as he does not "play the game" whereas Gough will just do as he is told and make Durham look smarter and wiser than he really is.

Edited by wanderer

As I've more brain cells than noses, I never listen to talkshite so have no knowledge of the context of his comment, but Brazil does have a point. Surely, we all want Scotland to do Ireland a favour and beat Poland?

As I've more brain cells than noses, I never listen to talkshite so have no knowledge of the context of his comment, but Brazil does have a point. Surely, we all want Scotland to do Ireland a favour and beat Poland?

I'd suggest that we all want Scotland to beat Poland, but couldn't give a flying feck whether it does Ireland a favour or not.

In fact I'd personally prefer it if us beating Poland put Ireland out.

Edited by Marky

I'd suggest that we all want Scotland to beat Poland, but couldn't give a flying feck whether it does Ireland a favour or not.

In fact I'd personally prefer it if us beating Poland put Ireland out.

:ok: Personally, I don't care who finishes second.

The context was, he said as Scotland can't now do it he is getting behind Ireland. Absolute bellend, him not you

The context was, he said as Scotland can't now do it he is getting behind Ireland. Absolute bellend, him not you

####sake. Must be great living a world where reality has no bearing.

No need to clarify who the bellend is - I've been called much worse before :-))

Nah, Durham is all about ratings and phoning in figures, and will argue the "Sky is Green and Grass is Blue" just to annoy folk (then contradict himself a few weeks later when a similar topic of the day rises) as all he cares about is his show being the most phoned in one on radio

Though not as much these days, he would be trolling on twitter all day to get folk work up for when his show starts.

It was good when Ian Wright was his co-presenter as he does not "play the game" whereas Gough will just do as he is told and make Durham look smarter and wiser than he really is.

In which case you'd have to say he is very good at his job.

This sums up the broadcast media today. Too many people make the mistake of thinking that these radio and tv stations are there to tell us what's going on and facilitate sensible debate and discussion. They're not. They're there to make as much money as possible for the parent company that owns them and the controversy is manufactured in order to increase ratings as increased ratings equals increased revenues which equals increased profits.

Lack of controversy means lack of debate which means less revenue. It's why perfectly correct refereeing decisions, for example, are presented as hugely controversial when they're not as "Ref got decision right" headlines don't make people tune in to see the incident or buy papers to read about it. Although in the case of Willie Collum it probably would do....

Telling us what's happening in the world of sport (or whatever other subject the station is set up to exploit) and facilitating reasoned and sensible debate has got all to to with it.

Same goes for the print media.

All of which means Durham is very good at his job, in so far as what his job actually entails, as he winds people up, gets them to listen and call in and that's all his role consists of. He's the owner's bitch. Doesn't matter what he or his guests ACTUALLY think or believe. None of this stops him being a total bellend of course.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

In which case you'd have to say he is very good at his job.

Exactly, and BBC Scotland employed the same tactic with James Traynor when he was on the radio.

Re: Durham, I think he is pretty high up in the chain of command at Talksport and the running of the station.

Edited by wanderer

I cant stand Brazil - fat odious twat. Talksport is very hit and miss. I really like the Colin Murray show after the Brazil show (Proclaimers on it this Thursday) Quite obvious at handovers that they don't like each other.

Good show at 10pm with Andy Goldstein and Jason Cundy.

Hate the two pricks on the overnight program - Mike Parry and Mike someone else - just absolute drivel. But the nighttime show much better at the weekend without them.

Edited by irnbruman

he may have a point because if we beat poland and then ireland beat poland it means ireland qualify,we go into the play offs and poland go out.its just another scenario for us to think about.