Quick Poll - Ritchie Or Forrest - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Quick Poll - Ritchie Or Forrest

ScotlandFanMuir

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ritchie,

I can't understand why anyone supports Forrest as a first pick. He's been terrible consistently for Scotland, and on the celtic games I've seen (granted few) been just as terrible. Like really bad. Like efe ambrose bad.

Richie however, is in immense club form. Scoring an amazing goal for Bournemouth immediatly after our terrible defeat to Georgia, making me wonder if why that potential goal was on the bench. (hindsight is awesome...) Granted he's never been a stand out player when playing for Scotland, but he's never been bad, and his corner kicks are a class above Maloney's. The only reason I can see for even thinking Forrest is worth comparing to Richie is 1. Strachan's love affair with Forrest. 2. Anglophobia.

Richie Screamer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQmZ05x9n6o

I think if Strachan has picked Ritchie in the squad then he has gotten over any "anglophobia"! Funny though.

Forrest has been murder but i must admit the past 3 or 4 games (edit - for Celtic) he has improved quite a bit - still not enough to be a starter, but at least enough to offer hope there is some talent hiding in there somewhere. Forrest for me.

Edited by Paulo2576

One is complete rubbish and the other is English, so neither for me.

Every country in the world uses the granny rule, even the "big" nations. Spain - (Costa born in Brazil), England - ( Barnes, Sterling born in Jamaica), France, (Desailly born in Ghana), Germany - (Podolski and Klose both born in Poland) etc etc and thats just a handful off the top of the head so build yourself a bridge and get over the English born sh ite.

I think Ritchie has got slowly better for us each time he plays. His first game he looked like a scared wee kid playing with the big boys. The (very) odd wee flash of something but that was about it. His next game he seemed a wee bit more settled but still nervey. I think he is just the type who has suddenly come from minor fame with born mouth to suddenly an international audience watching him. (Or he would feel that were all watching him). I honestly think given a bit more time he could be a great player for us especially if he can bring his club scoring form to his international game

Forrest never.

Ritchie sometimes.

But someone else please.

And I have no problem over Ritchie's qualifications .not even the granny rule...its his dad. Same as Rod Stewart and many others.

If u had 2 Scottish parents and 4 Scottish grandparents and happen to get born on holiday in Spain, would that make u Spanish? No, its the blood that counts.

Ritchie has Scottish blood, good luck to him.

And increasingly we are in a world of very mixed nationalities so everyone should learn to live with it m

And im more concerned about centre forward.

Surely not Fletcher again ?

He can play against Gibraltar as they're the only team he knows how to score against but please someone else for the Poland game.

And im more concerned about centre forward.

Surely not Fletcher again ?

He can play against Gibraltar as they're the only team he knows how to score against but please someone else for the Poland game.

Id play lewandowski, if he was scottish, hes not though so ill go for Rhodes. We all know itll be fletch though

Ritchie - 3 caps, in 2 of which he got hooked at half time (how can you justify picking him in a key game based on that!)

or

Forrest - who is just hopeless.

Some choice.

Nice rewriting of history...

Assist vs N. Ireland, where his delivery was the difference in a tight game

Scored the winning goal vs. Qatar when Scotland was playing poor

Subbed vs Gibraltar to change the system, from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2. Personally I would have changed Maloney on open play performance, but Maloney was scoring.

Granted I wasn't pleased with his performance vs Ireland away, but he wasn't the worst performer, and wasn't targeted in the aftermath as the cause of that performance. He's just the guy that's easy to swap out with other players.

Played well when he came on vs germany.

Still think some fans have less patience with Richie compared with Forrest ,whose been given a so many chances, for one reason...

Edited by Tartan_Wolf

Nice rewriting of history...

Assist vs N. Ireland, where his delivery was the difference in a tight game

Scored the winning goal vs. Qatar when Scotland was playing poor

Subbed vs Gibraltar to change the system, from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2. Personally I would have changed Maloney on open play performance, but Maloney was scoring.

Granted I wasn't pleased with his performance vs Ireland away, but he wasn't the worst performer, and wasn't targeted in the aftermath as the cause of that performance. He's just the guy that's easy to swap out with other players.

Played well when he came on vs germany.

Still think some fans have less patience with Richie compared with Forrest ,whose been given a so many chances, for one reason...

I should have said in competitive games. Too risky for tomorrow. Friendlies v lesser teams are a walk in the park compared to tomorrow night.

I'd probably put him ahead of Forrest though

Edited by Diamonds Forever

I should have said in competitive games. Too risky for tomorrow. Friendlies v lesser teams are a walk in the park compared to tomorrow night.

I'd probably put him ahead of Forrest though

With Anya out it's certainly going to be one of them that's for sure.

Ritchie if I had to choose. Would like to have seen Johnny Russell get a chance, pace to burn, decent delivery and has a good goal return.

Good shout but he is best playing through the middle so would mean a bit of a mix around

Forrest played well but he will never win with some people.

Tonight he beat two men on the right cut in and played ball out wide to Ritchie....at which some people on here moaned about him 'breaking up an attack' through a slightly under hit pass. He cant win.

Go and read the match report and see Forrest and Ritchies names at the heart of anything Scotland did well.

Forrest was easily one of Scotlands better players tonight.