Celtic Vs Fenerbache - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadow if his former former self.

He's still a decent squad player for us.

We're hardly ripped in quality ( in all areas ).

Just my opinion.

Edited to add that thank God Ambrose doesn't represent us.

Edited by jock strap

Bitton and Johansen are a waste of space. No desire to be first to the ball.

Overpaid mercenaries?

Not enough scottish "celtic minded" players in the team. Jock Steins '67 team all came within a 20 mile radius of celtic park.

How football has changed and as far as the international team is concerned, not for the better. With regards to young scottish players being given their chance.

Edited by Robroysboy

Fenerbache truly are rank, Aberdeen eased past these useless (smelly) fukers 2 1 with 10 men.

No wonder Scotlands coefficient struggles FFS.

I wish the Dons had superior opposition to test themselves against every week........Like Hibs and ICT :)

Acknowledged but Marshall hasn't done much wrong for strachan, could you blame him for any of the goals in tiblisi or against Germany?

I didn't watch the Georgia game (thank Christ) but he didn't cover himself in glory for Germany's second.

I've never understood the Chick Young argument of he should be picked until he makes a mistake. The best/in form players should be picked. If you hold onto a certain player until he makes a mistake then the damage has already been done by the time he gets replaced

Edited by Stokesy

I could go on about wage bills and balance sheets but who gives? At least we are still in Europe and its anything but dull.

Inevitably Efe will cop all the flak but the manager keeps picking him and the golden bhoy Johansen who hasn't kicked a ball all season.

On the plus side Boyata, Lustig and Forrest were all better and young Tierney, Commons and Griffiths were excellent. Ronny has to dump Ambrose and Izzy permanently and blood kids if need be. They've cost us too often.

I didn't watch the Georgia game (thank Christ) but he didn't cover himself in glory for Germany's second.

I've never understood the Chick Young argument of he should be picked until he makes a mistake. The best/in form players should be picked. If you hold onto a certain player until he makes a mistake then the damage has already been done by the time he gets replaced

Haven't watched the highlights of any of the games, but did see the goals at the match.

Interesting opinion, and you get better analysis of faults on the TV.

Still think WGS will stick with Marshall though could be wrong.

:ok:

By definition zonal means marking an area - this makes it easy for opponents to get a run from another "zone" and out jump defender.

And if you just stand and watch them? Surely you need to be aware who's round about you rather than standing waiting on the ball like a tumshie?

Mentality just isn't there is is?

Each time v Malmo, Ajax, Fenerbahce got the hard bit right (get a good lead) and then got it wrong! all three times!!!!!!

We play some really good football at times but our defence always look like it can be exploited.

Both goals were easily avoided tonight and we were rocked after they equalised. It took us 20 minutes to get back in the game.

This group still has plenty of good games to come.

Celtic are only still in Europe because a laughable system allows failures a second chance at recouping some of the enormous amounts of cash that they've wasted trying (and failing) to make a go of the Champions League.

To boast of 'still being there' is pretty pathetic. IMHO.