8 Years Ago - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

8 Years Ago

scottincarlisle

Superb but was that just about McFadden's last big moment in a Scotland shirt? There was a glorious couple of years when he was Twinkletoes, the Fadiator, when you just knew that he could conjure up that bit of magic. Shame that injuries took their toll - we could have done with a bit of that magic over the last week but thanks for the memories.

Superb but was that just about McFadden's last big moment in a Scotland shirt? There was a glorious couple of years when he was Twinkletoes, the Fadiator, when you just knew that he could conjure up that bit of magic. Shame that injuries took their toll - we could have done with a bit of that magic over the last week but thanks for the memories.

Think Hampden 2009 v Macedonia and then wash your mouth out with soap and disinfect your keyboard man!!!!!

I cried.

It was one of those days / evenings / nights when it all just came together.

I have followed the team for more years than I would care to mention. I have seen shit , lots of it, but above it all, I have witnessed camaraderie, the creation of friendship, the bonding of friends and on this day....following picnics below the Eiffel Tower, marching together to the stadium, watching the game, hugging and kissing, drinking more than is recommended, me and my friends - we all cried....if you don't know why, you are on the wrong website.

Jim

I cried.

It was one of those days / evenings / nights when it all just came together.

I have followed the team for more years than I would care to mention. I have seen shit , lots of it, but above it all, I have witnessed camaraderie, the creation of friendship, the bonding of friends and on this day....following picnics below the Eiffel Tower, marching together to the stadium, watching the game, hugging and kissing, drinking more than is recommended, me and my friends - we all cried....if you don't know why, you are on the wrong website.

Jim

?

We had an amazing day. Early pint in the pigalle area then up to the tower with a cargo.after back to sullivans in the pigalle to see torridon playing. Unbelievable day and match. We were in the French end diagonal from the Scottish end but you would never have known. Was probably 70/30 scots. Days like that will happen again and I intend to be there again.

Edited by 1ANDYP

Like a good few other this was my Scotland away experience. What a start!

Never really spoke about it until the journey home but, both my dad and I said that the day of the game you could sense Scotland would do something. Every corner you turned you bumped in to another Scotland fan, just seemed to be a real good feeling that day without it actually being spoken about.

Been hooked ever since. Not been a game that would match it for atmosphere or result since but cherish every away. Each has there own special memory.

Here's to many more.